Author Topic: Boba Fett..... Voiced by Jango Fett?  (Read 10588 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Boba Fett..... Voiced by Jango Fett?
« on: July 27, 2004, 12:41 PM »
Yet ANOTHER crappy change in the OT DVD..... Boba Fett's voice has been replaced by the voice of Temuera Morrison. Also, they gave Morrison NEW LINES, further butchering the scenes.

Also, there are RUMORS that all the Stormtroopers now have Morrison's voice as well.

You can find samples HERE.

Thanks for screwing up some good characters, Uncle George.  >:(
« Last Edit: July 27, 2004, 12:43 PM by Wise Ass »
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Boba Fett..... Voiced by Jango Fett?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 12:48 PM »
Yuck, Why, why!  >:(

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2004, 12:56 PM »
I was just reading that around the net.  Lucas is f'ing these things up far worse than he did for the 1997 Special Editions now.  This guy is a freaking joke.

Someone please hand the Star Wars Saga over to Peter Jackson, and let him re-do the WHOLE thing so we can get it right.

Damned Lucas...   >:(
« Last Edit: July 27, 2004, 12:57 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2004, 02:13 PM »
Yeah, just came from the "ROTJ Ending" thread to post my thoughts...but it is starting to get a bit much.  I don't know if it is quite necessary to do some of these changes...Fett/Stormtrooper voices being one of them.  These are certainly starting to sound like different movies than the ones we grew up with.  I am still looking forward to them though, and actually, part of me will be anxious to see how the changes look/sound when actually sitting down and watching the movies.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2004, 03:37 PM »
The more I listen to this...  He's no good to me deeeeeeeeeeead!  WTF!

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2004, 04:37 PM »
....what the ****?

"He's no good to me ded."

This sucks ass, all of these dialogue changes have been a downgrade thus far. Is it really necesarry to say "George Lucas has lost his mind"?

I'm pissed at Morrison for never having seen Empire Strikes Back - perhaps if he had, he'd know that Boba Fett's line is a chilling, "He's no good to me dead." Not a somewhat upbeat rapid-fire, "He's no good to me ded."

Pure garbage.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2004, 04:46 PM »
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

This sounds like utter crapola. "Ded" will forever haunt my dreams and tarnish my thoughts!

Not only that, in the new Emporer dialouge makes him sound like he's drunk or retarded.

Not good, not good at all!

*walks off to curl up into little ball*
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2004, 05:53 PM »
At this point...

I'm half tempted to believe what I want about Star Wars and forget Lucas's butchering.  Changing what has been one's perception just because you're on a "whimsical mood" sucks ass.  

Lucas is indeed trashing the films, and this is coming from someone who appreciated the SPecial Editions.

At this stage, if he's changed the Stormtrooper voices around, I'm ignoring it.  He's allowed a plethora of EU that contradicts this very notion.  

Honestly, I can stomach Fett...  He does, after all, supposedly turn into an identical Jango eventually, but the Stormtroopers have SO much background to them that counters this.

The Fett thing irritates me, the Stormtrooper thing downright p!sses me off.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2004, 07:16 PM »
According to that DVD website which has been giving us all these images, the stormtroopers' voices have remained intact...

"I'm not that enthusasitic about the stormtroopers' voices being changed, tho, if that is to be the case."

They haven't. Only Boba's voice has been re-recorded by Temura Morrison. In fact, in the one clip I've heard, it didn't sound much different from the original voice. According to the guy that posted all these new screenshots from A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back, the storm troopers voices are the same. The Wampa attack hasn't been added to ESB as was rumored. The taun-tauns look like they haven't been replaced, but he says they do look like the animation has been tweaked to make it smoother and more realistic. The detention block corridor on the Death Star has been redone. Also, Luke's scream has been taken out according to him. He is legit, and he has all of the DVD-Rs. He even posted caps of the Episode III doc, as you can see a few pages back.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2004, 08:04 PM »
I really REALLY hope that's the truth Lando.  The Stormie issue's my biggest gripe with all the changes.  I can buy Temura Morrison doing Fett's voice persnally.  It seems almost logical, though I feel his old voice was more sinister.

The McDiarmad footage is needed IMO and sounded good.

Sebastian Shaw's replacement's fine (we have a ghost and basic version of him to remember him by as well as removable helmet Vader), and whatever "reason" Lucas gives to it being a Young Anakin's prbably passable IMO.

The Strmie thing really would bug this military fanatic about the Star Wars trilogy though.  It would disevow SO much EU it's not even funny.  It would really make one look at the EU as a complete joke played on the fans who enjoy it IMO.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

SilverZ

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2004, 09:02 PM »
Whoa!  :o That's terrible.

I'm not actually all that bothered by Tem Morrison doing the voice... it makes sense in the 6 movie modern revisionist consistecy world, but god... some respectable voiceover direction could have been applied. That's pathetic.

I did a ton of ADR work on a couple of Disney games I worked on, and we had to loop out a bunch of really recognizable actors with sound-alikes (we did it for David Spade and James Garner). Its not freaking hard to 1) coach an actor to time his delivery to fit the scene 2) give the actor audio and video reference for the scene. Even when you can't synch an actor exactly by ear, it's easy to fix timings in ProTools to make it freakin' work. It's obvious they had him waltz into a booth and rattle off lines, and they slammed it into the mix. Unbelievable.  

How hard is this:

Tem sits in a booth.

Sound engineer cues up references lines from take used in previous mixes (heard for 20 years).

Tem sees line on monitor. Tem hears line in earphones.

Tem says line. Tem hears beep.

Tem says line again. Tem hears beep.

Tem says line once again. Beep, once again.

Engineer lines up take in ProTools, sees how well it fits, plays back for VO director.

VO director OKs or doesn't.

Apparently the people working on the OT DVD release are complete and total IDIOTS. Amazing.  >:(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2004, 02:14 PM »
http://i.somethingawful.com/inserts/articlepics/photoshop/07-30-04-games/Brendle.jpg

Posted elsewhere, but applicable here.  Beware of a dirty word though.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2004, 03:17 PM »
I would be fine with all the changes he is making for the DVD editions if he would actually release the original 1977/1980/1983 versions of the OT on DVD so they will at least be around.  Those are the versions of the films that people fell in love with, long before Greedo proved himself as the worst shot in the galaxy, before Han was sweet and fuzzy from the beginning, and before Jabba looked more like Pizza the Hutt.  If you want to change things, that's fine George, but at least give us the option of seeing the films the way we loved them in the first place.  I think people would be much more accepting of these new versions if they could see the old ones from time to time.

That being said, I think that instead of modifying the OT to fit with the PT, it should have been the other way around.  He could have actually paid attention to continuity when writing the PT ("I had an outline all along" my ass) in the first place and we'd never have to take out Leia's line about remembering her mother or sticking Hayden's "Uncle Pervy" leer on Shaw's body, or any of this other stuff.  Jeez...

That said, aside from the totally mistimed reading of the line, I didn't think Tem's Boba was horrible at all.  

Offline Mike16

• Youngling
  • As you wish...
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2004, 03:52 PM »
I'm not that bothered about Fett being revoiced, the thing that bothers me is that Tem Morrison doesn't really like SW as far as I know and he did a crappy job. Does anyone know which lines of Fett have been changed and what they are now?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2004, 06:02 PM »
I hadn't heard he didn't like SW, but ya know I'm not surprised either. 

I can stmach Boba's voice changing though I like the idea of his original sinister voice more...  I coulda bought that even if there was some excuse that he had the raspiness to it or whatever (throat injury...  heavy smoker?  I dunno).

The stormies, I'm praying, aren't changed is all.