Author Topic: Boba Fett..... Voiced by Jango Fett?  (Read 10592 times)

Offline Mike16

• Youngling
  • As you wish...
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
Re: Boba Fett..... Voiced by Jango Fett?
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2004, 07:03 PM »
I was at a fair last year talking to a seller who had had a Saga Jango figure signed by Tem Morrison at one of the shows he saw him at. He said that Tem, had hated all the geeks who wanted to talk to him and that he was only doing two signing events so he could pay off his mortgage :). Probs that he hates SW is a strogn word, but its definetly not his favourite subject.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2004, 12:03 AM »
Now that you mention it MIke, I too recall hearing somewhere that Morrison isn't a big fan.  I could see him being condescending, which (to me) LFL should have some say in the crap the actors spew about "fans". 

It's a shame, but in the end I'm sure he does get hounded and if he really doesn't care for/about his role than I'm sure he's doubly PO'd when he's asked for autographs and whatnot.

The funny thing in the end (If he is this much of a jerk) then is that he needs to do cons to pay off his mortgage.  Wow, that gotta sting.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2004, 01:34 AM »
Not being mean to Kiwi's in general but i HATED absolutely LOATHED the kiwi accents in Ep2
It sh!t me to tears!!!
It just didn't sit right with me from the opening line, when he was cast i was dubious but after hearing him i knew he was crap , he got rave reviews for "once were warriors"
But how many of us gave a crap about that as long as he didn't kill one of our fav characters?
JANGO AND YOUNG BOBA SHOULD HAVE BEEN VOICED OVER, not  the other way around, wonder what Jeremy Bulloch thinks about this sh!t.
Bet you he's not happy either.
I was one of the few that liked the SE but this is taking things to far.Boba's voice is suposed to inspire fear not make me laugh.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2004, 02:42 PM »
I was one of the few that liked the SE but this is taking things to far.Boba's voice is suposed to inspire fear not make me laugh.

It's good that you can laugh - cause it makes me want to cry.  :-[

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2004, 03:15 AM »
Well it's not really that big a deal is it???
I mean Lucas lead us to believe Fett was cool.
He had time to line up his shot at Skywalker , missed by a country mile and then died screaming like a sissy.
Wonder if they will redo his sissy scream ::)
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2004, 02:26 PM »
They could add "Crikey!" to it maybe? :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2004, 07:10 PM »
Yeah in that crappy kiwi accent.
I love kiwis but hate their speaking voice unless it's all kiwis then it's fine.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2004, 07:28 PM »
I couldn't even tell the difference...  It's like separate parts of Ireland to me.  I can't differentiate unless the one person's speaking Gaelic a lot.  The accent blends in to me.

Of course, the same could likely be said for accents in the states I'm sure.  Pittsburgh's so vastly different to say, New Jersey, that I notice it but people on the outside may not.

I just know the Americans would link "Crikey" to it...  The Crocodile Hunter has ingrained that upon us.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2004, 02:42 AM »
I think the whole "accents" thing started with the neomodians in ep1, that annoyed me because in the first 3 there were no accents, no i know it's foolish to believe that there would be no accents like that or any other in a galaxy far far away , but i really don't want to hear them.
Does that make me a bad person??

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2004, 03:27 AM »
That's something I agree on...  I liked hearing just British and American accents.  I could see a variety of UK accents actually, and even the odd Irish one snuck in like Jabba's that was dubbed over.

The thing is that Lucas is pushing this accent issue, like you said, with it starting iwth the Neimodians.

Those are characters who should've had their own language and freakin' subtitles.

I like Watto, dunno why, but the Neimodians it just doesn't look/sound right together.... 

Same goes with Dexter Jettster.  I don't look at that thing and think of that voice.  A surly American accent perhaps, but not what we got.

I'd label Jar Jar as similar, and all Gungans... 

Sometimes, Subtitles can really make your characters more "deep".

Chewie never uttered one intelligible word in the whole trilogy, but yet he was such a vastly superior character to many prequal characters that you can understand EVERY word.

If I were to redo the prequals, thse are things I'd have changed up.  Tough on Jar Jar to limit him to Subtitles though, unless you actually limit his character as well (not a bad thing though).  If you leave him with all his dialogue now though, Subtitles would be distracting.  On the Neimodians and Dexter though, it'd be really quite nice actually, what with their limited lines anyway.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2004, 08:03 PM »
Yeah subtitles like with Jabba would have been much better, than the crap they were spewing out.
Yeah and i definately agree with you on the chewie point he was an awesome charachter and didn't have to say a word.
Wish he'd look back at his older movies and learn from them.

SilverZ

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2004, 09:12 PM »
Awful reads. Terrible. The voice doesn't bother me... the acting does.

ESB Fett change

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2004, 09:49 PM »
BOOOOOOOO.

Good lord, that is TERRIBLE. Morrison could've at least TRIED to talk slower and match the original voice, not give us this fast paced mumbo jumbo.  >:(
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2004, 10:58 PM »
I can picture Lucas sitting there saying...

"No No No Tem, ya gotta do it much ********.  If you do that so well I'll have nothing to laugh about later!"

Offline amarsella

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 1, 2004, 01:53 AM »
BOOOOOOOO.

Good lord, that is TERRIBLE. Morrison could've at least TRIED to talk slower and match the original voice, not give us this fast paced mumbo jumbo.  >:(

I agree. I really don't care that Morrison is overdubbing Fett's voice but he should try to match the old performance. I actually liked the other clip of "He's no good to me dead" but this one is not good.
Put on your old fur coat, it's 1973