Author Topic: Disneyland!  (Read 30387 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Disneyland!
« Reply #105 on: November 14, 2015, 03:44 PM »
Full ride through of Hyperspace Mountain. Please excuse the dumb ass in the back screaming his head off during the entire ride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omu1FwScGe8
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2015, 09:29 AM »
I checked out Launch Bay last night. The first floor of the old Innoventions building has been taken over by Star Wars stuff. They had a Flametrooper and Rey costume. Kylo Ren's ship, elite TIE and Poe's blue x-wing were there. It was interesting that the x-wing looked like it was made out of wood.  They had an imperial officer and Darth Vader's costume. Other ships include a star destroyer, TIE fighter and rebel blockade runner. I looked in the cockpit of the blockade runner. It had a star wars poster inside. I thought it was suppose to be a Playboy pinup. Rey's lifesize speeder was on hand as well as a made up cantina set. Chewie and Darth Vader had their own meet and greet areas. The star wars store area had a d-tech iphone custom case printing setup. They also sold concept art and gentle giant statues including the large scale vintage figures. They even had the latest wave of 6" figures at retail price. There was also a XBox Disney Infinities area with Star Wars characters and iPad star wars games.

In the center was a stairway to upper floor of Marvel stuff. The Innoventions tree has been removed. Upstairs is the regular Thor meet and greet, Ironman hall of armor set, xbox play area to try Disney Infinities with Marvel characters and finally a Marvel store.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2015, 09:31 AM »
The Path of the Jedi was a clip show. It did a good job of explaining the Force, Jedi and Sith. It talked about Luke's journey to be a Jedi and Anakin's downfall. It then ended in the current TFA trailer.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 18, 2015, 12:03 PM »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #109 on: November 26, 2015, 03:12 PM »
Hey Paul, I missed your post about the models.  The playboy is in the window but tough to see and needs a well timed flash if it's behind glass to get a good pic.  I have some pics from one of the exhibits it toured with (Whete Science Meets Imagination).  I will post it here when I find it.  Forget where I hosted all of them haha.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 27, 2015, 12:58 PM »
This particular model doesn't have the pin up. It looks like a replica since the color sceem is wrong and its made out of wood. I don't think any if the models are authentic.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 27, 2015, 11:17 PM »
I saw a video on this attraction...  These are indeed replicas, not actual props.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 28, 2015, 04:22 PM »
Disney fans and bloggers seem to hate everything that Disney has does in the past 30 years. Here is how one forum member descriped the recent Miceage review of Season of the Force:

"This is awful, and this looked awful, this tasted awful, oh and look at this it is awful. They did this, which was better, but since I hated it before, therefore, awful. Let me freak out about continuity, awful. Now let me tell you about something unrelated, *speculation* it's AWFUL. People really like this, it's actually good, but let me talk about how the previous version was awful and it could and should have been really, really good. So instead it's probably going to *speculation* end up being awful when it overstays its welcome. But to support that awful speculation I'll just inaccurately confuse dates for a whole bunch of things like that awful Rogue One movie or the equally awful Shanghai Disneyland. I don't think I called those things awful, but that was clearly an oversight. Now lets complain about how awful the lighting at night probably is... but for some reason include a bunch of rather flattering pictures. Conclusion, that thing you were super excited about in the future? It's definitely going to be awful.

Oh my god, have we gone upstairs to see the most awful thing of all yet? Spiderman"

Disneyland fans/bloggers seem to love to go to a place they hate with a passion online.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #113 on: November 30, 2015, 06:58 PM »
Ya know what, you're probably right Paul, about it being a replica.  Probably left the nudie poster out then...  Seeing the original, it's really awe inspiring, and they had some facts about it's construction like greasy boot prints and stuff.  Really enjoyed seeing it in person.

I imagine the parks probably wouldn't have the originals at them.  Hell, Disney may not own those even?  I wonder if Lucas gave all them up?  I wouldn't have.  :-X
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 15, 2016, 03:57 PM »
The Darth Vader meet & greet is being changed out for a Kylo Ren meet & greet at Star Wars Launch Bay.

Now they need to have a Rey and BB-8 meet & greet. (or at least a Slave Girl Leia M&G)

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 23, 2016, 10:37 PM »
I was at Disneyland last summer to celebrate my 30th birthday.  I went on Star Tours each day I was there.