Author Topic: Hasbro needs to get their removable heads out of their...  (Read 3141 times)

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
...you-know-whats.

I am really trying to be a fan of the new "head on a stick" articulation. It sounds really neat in theory, it looks a little wonky at the jawline of most of the figures, but it does give the heads more posablitity.

The deal-sealer ought to be the ease of popping off the heads. The Clone Wars Asajj Ventress figure was able to have a nice removable cloak thanks to the feature. Dagobah Luke actually comes with two heads to make use of the easy head-pop.

But why for the love of all that's holy does every neck post need to be a different size?

I tried to play around this afternoon with some simple stuff--Dagobah Luke's head on VOTC Han and vice-versa, but the necks are two different sizes and the results are awkward. So I tried Ozzel, yet a third size. So I tried Dagobah Yoda. He's actually pretty close to Ozzel, but why in the world would I want Yoda to be wearing an Imperial Admiral Uniform (unless he's in disguise..?)

Way to go Hasbro. One step forward, two steps back.

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro needs to get their removable heads out of their...
« Reply #1 on: August 1, 2004, 09:23 PM »
Way to go Hasbro. One step forward, two steps back.

We come together 'cuz opposites attract.  (sorry, that was irresistible).

I agree that it's a stupid move on Hasbro's part not to make the plastic posts on each figure (intended for the new "head on stick" articulation) a universal size.  If you're going to have removable heads, why not make them interchangable with other figures, too?      

« Last Edit: August 1, 2004, 09:25 PM by Force Guy »
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 1, 2004, 10:48 PM »
ugh. i absolutely hate these "removable heads" as you put it. why can't they just go back to making the figures with the 1 piece head/neck post. they looked so much better. not sculpting wise, mind you - i just mean presentation wise. for some odd reason, the removable heads have actually been some of the best sculpted so far, imo. it's just that they suck, 'cause they look like ass.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 2, 2004, 04:50 PM »
I like them.  But I do wish that they were easier to interchange, it's making customizing a little tougher for me.

:P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: August 2, 2004, 06:46 PM »
CW Mace and Ozzel are the only two that, personally, I think sucked.

The others I like...  They're not condusive to customizing though...  The peg-style necks were.  Ball/socket necks in the old-school style were NOT good for customs though, so it's a mixed blessing I guess.

Ozzel just need more hair.  It's weird.

Antilles though...  Awesome.  Same with Dagobah Luke and VOTC Han/Leia.  They look great to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77