Author Topic: Matthew Lillard sucks (JediMAC knows first-hand).  (Read 11665 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Matthew Lillard sucks (JediMAC knows first-hand).
« on: August 1, 2004, 08:23 PM »
Anyone else hate this bastard?

I will admit that I liked him back before I even knew who he was, before anybody knew who he was, before he was "Matthew Lillard, Freddy Prinze Jr.'s butt buddy", back in Serial Mom.  

But ever since then, from his role in the original Scream, to "co-starring" with the also-awful Prinze in every movie either of them do (remember when you and your best friend would be a "package" when picked for the kickball teams at recess?  Same deal with these two flunkies), he's irritated the hell out of me.  Topping it all off for Matthew Lillard is his role as "Shaggy" in the ultra-fantastic (and by "fantastic", I mean "terrible") Scooby-Doo movies.

Probably the worst part of all is that he's the newest Hollywood actor to have the dreaded "Ralph Macchio Syndrome".  The last ones that had it were the entire cast of "Beverly Hills 90210"--this is the unfortunate disease where actors continue to play the same 19-year-old characters well into their middle age.

Lillard, in real life, is actually 52 years old, on his third marriage, and is recovering from quadruple-bypass surgery, yet he's playing Lindsay Lohan's secret crush, Davey, in the new movie "Confessions of a Teenage Mean Girl Part 2: Freakier Friday", coming out this Christmas.

He will be the one responsible for the decline of western civilization.
« Last Edit: August 2, 2004, 05:09 PM by Virex »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
Re: Matthew Lillard sucks.
« Reply #1 on: August 1, 2004, 09:12 PM »
Probably the worst part of all is that he's the newest Hollywood actor to have the dreaded "Ralph Macchio Syndrome".  The last ones that had it were the entire cast of "Beverly Hills 90210"--this is the unfortunate disease where actors continue to play the same 19-year-old characters well into their middle age.

Yeah, Matthew Lillard replaced this annoying bastard:

« Last Edit: August 1, 2004, 09:13 PM by Force Guy »
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: August 1, 2004, 09:17 PM »
I 100% do NOT recognize Jeremy London, but that's quite a photo collage the guy's mustered there, huh?

The other guy...  Lillard.  I didn't recognize him a lot till Virex mentioned Shaggy, then it hit me.  If he were to branch out on his own, could he possibly improve his standing?  Perhaps it is Freddie Prinze Jr. (or however it is spelled) who is holding him back?  

He seems like a bit of a knob, and possibly an anchor around many-a-person's neck.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 1, 2004, 09:47 PM »
He was cool in Hackers - downhill from there.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 1, 2004, 10:03 PM »
okay, you can all hate me now, 'cause i actually like matthew lillard. he was great in serial mom, hackers, and s.l.c. punk. i actually liked scream, and thought he was okay in that. haven't seen either of the scooby movies, but i still think he's an okay actor.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #5 on: August 1, 2004, 10:12 PM »
okay, you can all hate me now, 'cause i actually like matthew lillard.

Well, I pretty much hate you already, for that pesky "refuse to capitalize" thing you've got going on, but I digress. . .

I'll admit, a lot of his more-respected flicks like Hackers or SLC Punk, I've never seen (and probably never will)--no doubt in part due to the fact that he's in them.  

So yeah, I'm being fairly ignorant in my hatred of him.

But the crap that I have seen of them pretty much solidifies my opinion of him, though.

I even put up with him throughout part of Summer Catch--if only to see the "dripping-wet-Jessica Biel-gets-out-of-pool-in-very-small-bikini" scene.

Even he couldn't ruin that.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 1, 2004, 10:21 PM »
Like Double J, I didn't know who the hell you were talking about until you mentioned Scooby Doo. Every actor in that film should be killed. This guy first.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #7 on: August 1, 2004, 10:24 PM »
Like Double J, I didn't know who the hell you were talking about until you mentioned Scooby Doo. Every actor in that film should be killed. This guy first.

Everybody except Linda Cardellini, that is.  As Scott will tell you, as well, she's a hottie:

But otherwise, you're right:  The rest of them should burn in hell.  

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 1, 2004, 10:25 PM »
Well, I pretty much hate you already, for that pesky "refuse to capitalize" thing you've got going on, but I digress. . .

:'(

now i'm sad.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #9 on: August 1, 2004, 10:28 PM »
:'(

now i'm sad.

Oh, don't be like that, Dave.

I pretty much hate everybody, so this is just a good sign that you're normal.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #10 on: August 1, 2004, 10:28 PM »
The cartoon Velma should show off the goods like Cardellini does, Cartoon Velma is stacked

I'd like to say of all of the movies on his bio at imdb, the only one I have watched is Scream...he must suck
« Last Edit: August 1, 2004, 10:32 PM by OCB »

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 1, 2004, 10:28 PM »
Everybody except Linda Cardellini, that is.  As Scott will tell you, as well, she's a hottie

Yes, she IS a hottie.  

Matthew Lillard was tolerable in Serial Mom and Scream, but everything else, well....
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 1, 2004, 10:30 PM »

Everybody except Linda Cardellini, that is.  As Scott will tell you, as well, she's a hottie:

Mmmmm.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 1, 2004, 10:31 PM »
you know what's funny? i think she looks hot as velma, but.... not so much as her "real" self.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Matthew Lillard sucks. (and Linda Cardellini is hot.)
« Reply #14 on: August 1, 2004, 10:37 PM »
Va va va voom