Author Topic: Bobafett14 Collection article  (Read 2437 times)

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
Bobafett14 Collection article
« on: August 10, 2005, 09:46 PM »
It's abot 2 months late, and some of the wording is off.  Funny that it came out a day after my Birthday I'm now 34, but....

wwww.gatewaynewspapers.com/plumadvanceleader/50612/

:^)

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Bobafett14 Collection article
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 03:08 AM »
An enjoyable article to read Bob!

Although, this was making me pretty nervous as I started to read it:

Then, there was an incident he refers to as "The Great Pepsi Tragedy of '99."

Bob had Pepsi cans with the Star Wars theme on them. He later read a warning online that some cans were leaking, thus destroying collections.

Sure enough, his cans had started to leak, too -- soaking about an inch-thick pile of Star Wars newspaper clippings, many of them older and irreplaceable.

From then on, he started to poke pin holes in the bottom of cans he saved in order to preserve the rest of his collection.

Those newspaper articles must have been tough to lose.  Glad to hear you didn't lose anymore items though!

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
Re: Bobafett14 Collection article
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 10:30 PM »
Yeah, that was tough to swallow.  I had tons of old and new news articles, and they were all (I mean at least 60 articles) all stuck together into one bricklike mass.

There were a few oddly typed things.  I think was trying to explain that I have all my figures, posters, etc. all encased or in cases and she went off on soem tangent about bubble packs ????  No idea.

Fun anyhow.
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)