Author Topic: Playskool's Jedi Force Line  (Read 20844 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Playskool's Jedi Force Line
« on: June 28, 2004, 11:04 PM »
Check out the front page or the link below...

JediForce Figures

« Last Edit: December 4, 2004, 02:35 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Upcoming Playskool Jedi Force Line
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2004, 11:08 PM »
Like the Vader, not keen on the rest :-\  Not enough kid-like or cutesy???  Cory would be so disappointed in me. :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2004, 11:15 PM »
Not sure what to think.  Not sure why Galactic Heroes isn't good enough I guess.  

Although...huge lightbulb here...I wonder if their research is finally showing that the 3-3/4" line is almost exclusively collector and the occasional 10 year old boy?

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2004, 11:24 PM »
I think that may be it.  And they need kids, and kids love SW.  This seems like a great new way to bring 'em into the fold.  I for one think the 3 3/4" line is just to vast and old and stocked with unrecognizable background characters for your average kid to get into.

I kind of like these, but I think I like the GH guys better.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2004, 08:24 AM »
These do look kind of spiffy.  Our nephews are big into the Rescue Heroes/Major Powers line of things, and they get some pretty big vehicles and playsets in those lines.  Who knows, maybe there would be a Death Star type playset in this line? (gasp)  Anyways, I really like these.  I've been picking up all the OT Galactic Heroes (previously Playskool) sets, and might get these as well.  I kind of wish they would have just picked one or the other to go with though...but both look kind of nice.  I guess I always like seeing something different, or a new idea for the Star Wars line like this.  Might help get the kiddos interested in it.  The Vader does look quite cool, and Chewie, R2, and 3PO are nice as well.  Luke looks a little strange to me, but its more the style of figures than anything else.  They are kind of neato though.  Anyone thinking about picking these up?  Part of me wants to, even though I know the last thing I need is another collection.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2004, 09:07 AM »
I'll have to see them first hand before I make up my mind.  My nephews that are 7 & 8 like the regular figures but (obviously) the 2-3 year old ones like the GH guys.  Anything that will bring more kids in to the line and play with it is cool in my book, just not sure if the target age group in mind is 5-6 year olds (which would be the perfect ones) or the older ones (which, just watching the boys play, would never happen. They would feel like they were playing with 'baby' toys).

Beth

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2004, 09:07 AM »
Looks like they modeled the arms after this guy!  :D

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2004, 09:33 AM »
Some of these figures remind me of the new MOTU line a tad bit...I think the point that the regular line is too unwieldy to jump into at this point is a very valid one

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2004, 10:05 AM »
Hrm....

I have to agree with what's been said.  These figures are not quiet as "cute" and/or "fun" as the lil GH line... they just seem much more like a money grab at Rescue Heroes.

Hasbro's Major Action line failed against Rescue Heroes, now Hasbro is putting a big gun against them.  I have heard rumors at other sites that Mattel is considering doing Batman Rescue Heroes, so maybe Hasbro is trying to cut them off at the pass with Star Wars?

Eh, I know plenty of people who love Rescue Heroes for their kids, but that is because of the character selection (fireman, police, etc).  I wonder if those parents will buy the more "violent" SW sets?  Not sure...

Also, as Brian brings up, this line does have potential for playsets based on REscue Heroes.  RH had a huge mountain-side base or something out last christmas, imagining a DS playset for the figures IS a pretty cool idea Brian.

I think I'll pass on these...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2004, 10:05 AM »
I really like the Galactic Heroes, but am unsure if I am going to buy those other ones.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2004, 10:10 AM »
I'm still trying to figure out the logic though of having two preschool aged lines.  Why do both?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2004, 08:31 PM »
I took a look at the Major Powers stuff at TRU today...Its all on Clearance!  Shakes head at the thought of two preschool lines

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 6, 2004, 10:18 AM »
Just looking through some news stores at the Star Wars Official Site, and was reminded of the Jedi Force line.  As best I can recall, we didn't hear/see anything new on these at Comic-Con, or even since the intial announcement of the line.  Any news on these?  Also, are any of you going to pick these up if/when they make it to retail?  I've really enjoyed the smaller, "cuter", Galactic Heroes line (although the newer ones haven't shown up here yet), and thought I would just limit it to that one.  I have gone back and forth on the JediForce line.  I originally said no, but the Vader/Chewie/Droids look kind of neat.  I guess it depends on some things, just curious if any of you were interested in these as well?  I don't know if I can/should bring "another" line into the fold, and I don't think I'd give up Galactic Heroes to bring these in.  I really hope the GH line continues for awhile.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Upcoming Playskool Jedi Force Line
« Reply #13 on: August 6, 2004, 02:03 PM »
Thought I'd go ahead and break out the Playskool Jedi Force line's discussion, separate from the regular Playskool/Galactic Heroes discussion, just so we can avoid any confusion as to which Playskool line we're talking about in the future...   ;)

Here's the scoop on this line again, from The Official Site:

Hasbro's Playskool Star Wars Jedi Force Assortments
July 02, 2004

The first wave of Hasbro's Playskool Star Wars Jedi Force line is big fun for little kids. Available this fall, the playful Basic and Deluxe assortments feature favorite characters from the original trilogy. With over-sized arms and feet, these fun figures stand and grip accessories easily.

Ready to destroy the Death Star, Luke Skywalker is featured in the Basic assortment wearing his Rebel Alliance flight suit flanked by a snap-on X-wing and light-up lightsaber. The Basic line includes a total of eight figures: two Luke Skywalkers, one Darth Vader with lightsaber and grip-able droid, one Chewbacca with snap-on mechanical tool, and four droids -- two R2-D2 and two C-3PO.

The Deluxe assortment features hero Luke Skywalker as seen in Return of the Jedi. Wearing his forest camouflage poncho and helmet, Luke comes with a speeder bike (replete with attachable lightsaw) and his Jedi lightsaber lights up!

StarWarsShop.com is currently taking orders for the Basic and Deluxe assortments now. Items will ship in September.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming Playskool Jedi Force Line
« Reply #14 on: August 6, 2004, 11:14 PM »
Nope.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.