Author Topic: Hasbro Update: 2005 Figures  (Read 9424 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Hasbro Update: 2005 Figures
« on: August 11, 2004, 09:52 AM »
Hasbro has updated with a feature on the figures coming up for 2005 (the ones shown at Comic-Con).  You can see the Coruscant wave carded, otherwise nothing much else new that I could see.  You can check it out HERE

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Update: 2005 Figures
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 09:56 AM »
Example of the packaging:

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 10:13 AM »
You know waht's odd?  I belive that in the movie, that wookie just had some sort of senatorial sash across his chest.  Hasbro seems to have made it into a shoulder bag, like Chewie's.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2004, 10:27 AM »
Hmm, looks good so far. Kind of wierd seeing PT figures on the OTC packaging.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2004, 10:52 AM »
Thanks for the heads up, Brian!

Very nice.  I like the way they made the OTC cards into "regular" cards so they could get us a few prequel figures!

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

SilverZ

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2004, 12:24 PM »
I may be nitpicking, but I was expecting there to be a little more work done on the bubble insert other than just removing the OTC logo and filling in a color with the generic text. It really ruins the aesthetics of the card presentation. Blah. How long would it have taken to modify the OTC logo treatment into something like the "Prequel Trilogy Collection" instead?

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2004, 02:23 PM »
So whats the deal with the numbering system on these?  Will there be one?  Plus, there will only be a few and then we head into EP3.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2004, 02:49 PM »
I think they should have filled that blah space on the insert with the movie title, but other than that, it looks good.

Online Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2004, 07:50 AM »
GH is reporting the Cantina Wave will also include a Scout Trooper, Stormtrooper, Sandtrooper, Han Solo, Chewbacca, and Yoda.

If this pans out, it'll be the first reissue of that Sandtrooper (I'm assuming these others will all be the OTC versions) and will pretty much guarantee the Cantina guys as 2-pers.

Looks like they're trying to get in the swing of releasing army builders, but someone needs to tell them no one is building an army of Cantina Hans (though you certainly could at this point).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2004, 09:07 AM »
I just saw that report as well.  The army building figures are nice to see, although it is strange to see Han, Chewie, and Yoda there again.  It would be nice if they were new figures (or VOTC re-releases), but I highly doubt it.  I'm a big Han and Chewie (and Yoda) fan, but if they re-release the sames ones already found in the OTC (and other places), that is really getting out of hand.  The Dagobah Yoda is a nice (and new) figure, so if that is out again I suppose it wouldn't be so bad...but if they are going to re-release another Han and Chewie, I think I'd rather see different ones, like the POTJ Bespin Han or the Cloud City Chewie (or the VOTC versions, if possible).

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2004, 10:16 AM »
Oh man more rehashes.  That's really going to get some people's panties in a bunch. 

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2004, 10:41 PM »
I can't imagine they'll be new in any way.  Weird.   ::)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2004, 11:00 PM »
An army of Han certainly exists up here, cautiously guarding store pegs.  Only OTC figure generally lying around, though we've seen so many OTC Dagobah figs up here and not much else, Luke, Yoda and R2 are taking a stab at it as well. 

On the bright side, they seem to have stayed away from Luke, who is certainly around in abundance at the moment, so that's a positive aspect.  Never seen a scout trooper, sand trooper or storm trooper sit on the pegs very long.  Even kids love 'em ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2004, 03:22 PM »
Yeah, the only OTC figures that hang around long out here in sunny Missouri seem to be the Han and sometimes the Leia or X-Wing Luke.  Well, a few Bossk and IG88's too now.

:P

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2004, 04:16 PM »
I've never seen an OTC Scout Trooper or Stormtrooper.  It boggles the mind that relatively hard to get figs (around here) like the last few Saga waves sit at TRU long enough for me to catch up big time at 2 for $7 yesterday, and certain OTC figs might as well not exist. 

I believe the reason I don't have a clean Scout in the first place is because I never saw the POTJ one either.  Sigh.