Author Topic: Toys R Us (Or: Die, Dinosaur, Die!)  (Read 104137 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Toys R Us (Or: Die, Dinosaur, Die!)
« Reply #195 on: April 24, 2018, 11:09 PM »
My stores were out of good stuff long before the bankruptcy was announced, and haven't gotten anything new. Anything good like the stuff from the "collectors aisle" and most LEGO was sent back to the manufacturers. The same 50+ Zuvios and Finns that didn't sell for $20 are shockingly not selling for $18
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 12, 2018, 09:26 AM »
Down to 40% off at the TRU stores that are still open.  I was surprised to see so much there.  There were definitely a good number of exclusives still on hand:  ROGUE ONE Battle damaged TIE Striker, TBS 6" Ackbar & FO Officer, TLJ Force Link gauntlet with Praetorian & Executioner Stormtrooper, TLJ boosted X-wing.  I picked up the Force Link gauntlet to get the 2 exclusive figures at $19 and change, plus a $12 40AC Death Squad Commander.

And plenty of high dollar items on hand:  TFA Falcon (I may buy this on deep discount), ROGUE ONE AT-ACT, TLJ BB-8/Flagship playset, Force FX Kylo Ren lightsaber.

I also saw that the store I went to was already prepping fixtures for sale.  The 8' gondola with endcaps was going for $150.  Shelves were extra.  But I wonder if they would throw in pegs?  Because that would be one great way to display a carded collection.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 09:28 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 12, 2018, 10:40 PM »
I checked today and Ours is still at 30% off and no new stuff in awhile, starting to look pretty bleak in there.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #198 on: May 13, 2018, 04:28 PM »
I also saw that the store I went to was already prepping fixtures for sale.  The 8' gondola with endcaps was going for $150.  Shelves were extra.  But I wonder if they would throw in pegs?  Because that would be one great way to display a carded collection.

That would be worth a look.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 13, 2018, 06:49 PM »

That would be worth a look.

It's actually double sided, and with at least the one endcap.  But you need and appropriately size space in order to make a piece like this work.  And a truck to haul the damned thing home!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 24, 2018, 10:15 PM »
I stopped by on my way home today.  Stuff is on sale for 40-60% off now.  I grabbed a couple of Nerf guns and a few hundred rounds for me and my daughter.  I told her when that stuff went on a real sale I'd scoop some up.  Most of the actual guns were sold, so I figured it was now or never unless I wanted to be stuck with the zombie crossbow and nothing else.  My daughter will be stoked when I surprise her with them.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 25, 2018, 02:44 PM »
I might pick up a TIE Striker. I know my TRU has four 6" scale TIEs and about a dozen BB-8 playsets. Last I checked they were $90.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 2, 2018, 07:31 PM »
Stopped in at our local store today, with everything in the store at the 40-60% level. Star Wars was at 50% off. I picked up the Black Series Admiral Ackbar 2 pack (last one they had), that I had been waiting on. Happy with the $15 price though. Really wish I hadn't been beat to the nice video game glass cases. Not sure what they were charging but they were all sold and would have made some spiffy display cases for some action figures.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 5, 2018, 11:19 AM »
I might pick up a TIE Striker. I know my TRU has four 6" scale TIEs and about a dozen BB-8 playsets. Last I checked they were $90.

I got my 6" TIE for like $60 over a year ago.  The BB-8's were down to $45 at Wal-Mart the other day.  I think you can do better.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #204 on: June 5, 2018, 04:39 PM »
I stopped in this past weekend and it was meh.  50% is ok I guess and I got a Hermit Luke and Rey 2-pack and two imperial bikes from rebels.  It’ll do.

I’d like a cheap atact, but I’ll live without it Cuz my stores don’t have them at all.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 5, 2018, 06:47 PM »
We went in on Sunday.  Little did my daughter know that I had already bought a couple of nerf guns.  So we bought her a crossbow and went into our long hallway to put it together and try it out.  We got it working and then told her to practice for a bit and we'd be back. (I'm a nut for gun safety so even though it's nerf, she still treats it like a loaded gun).

Anyway, my wife and I took the chance to put our guns together and then called my daughter into the living room...and blasted her.  And that in turned became a half hour long firefight on Sunday, and another hour last night. 

So I guess we paid around $60 for 3 guns and a pack of 100 rounds of ammo...probably $120 worth of stuff.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 7, 2018, 11:57 PM »
I stopped in this past weekend and it was meh.  50% is ok I guess and I got a Hermit Luke and Rey 2-pack and two imperial bikes from rebels.  It’ll do.

I’d like a cheap atact, but I’ll live without it Cuz my stores don’t have them at all.

Hermit Luke & Rey 2-pack? Nevermind, I'm guessing you mean the 6" Black Series 2-pack of Rey & Luke that was a SDCC 2017 exclusive, I didn't realize that it also was available from brick-and-mortar TRU stores.

I swung by my local TRU tonight and Star Wars was 50% now as well. Picked up a 2nd opener of the Force Link Executioner & Praetorian Guard set for $17.50.
« Last Edit: June 8, 2018, 12:01 AM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 8, 2018, 09:01 AM »
It's really curious some of the oddball stuff they are getting in lately. I stopped by yesterday and ours had an endcap overflowing with 5" Walking Dead Negan comic figures. That was the only figure from that wave and they literally must have had 30-40 of him at least.

NECA aisle is a wasteland...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #208 on: June 8, 2018, 08:26 PM »
No Pete I was talking about the basic figure two pack of Rey and Praetorian Guard.  Luke was just a random basic someone had hidden.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 9, 2018, 11:40 AM »
TRU must be bring in new inventory from the warehouse. My TRU suddenly has 25 BB-8 playsets for $75. There must have been about 200 cheap sharper image RC cars there. They for about $15. They are still cheaper at Kohls. TLJ and RO figures still don't sell at 40% off. There is a huge stack of 6" Ackbar/imperial sets.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours