Author Topic: One more set before 2005!  (Read 2948 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
One more set before 2005!
« on: August 13, 2004, 03:24 PM »
Rumors from fbtb.net are indicating that Lego plans on releasing a set before the end of the year, and that we "Won't be disappointed".

Any thoughts to what it could be?

I'm hoping for a Sandcrawler, with a Death Star set or Ep. 3 preview set after that.

Whatever it is, I'm looking forward to it!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: One more set before 2005!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2004, 04:42 PM »
I'm guessing it's one of those two that you just mentioned there Travis.  Seems like the Sandcrawler is one of the last ships left to be made still, so perhaps that's the one.

Still, Lego's lack of Star Wars news lately, and any new set announcements, is making it really tough to be enthused about the line much these days.  Just some new packaging and a couple rehashes lately, but that's about it.   :-\

I really wish they'd do something more with the mini-line of ships.  That's my favorite.  Love those little guys!   8)

Offline Durge

• Banned
  • Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 10:00 PM »
Sandcrawler with a few Jawas would be nice. They'd have those midget LEGO legs. :)

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
Re: One more set before 2005! UCS Y-Wing!
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2004, 02:31 PM »
I'm guessing this must be the recently announced UCS Y-Wing set.  That's pretty cool, but I'm tired of not being allowed to purchase my Star Wars Legos at retail.  Seems that Lego Shop at Home wants to keep all their new product exclusive to their site, which means no good clearance sales on them, which is often how I like to buy my Legos.   :-\

Here's the link to the Lego site, where they're selling this for $120:  UCS Y-Wing

I'll buy one eventually, I'm sure.  Definitely looks nice!   8)

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 1, 2004, 03:44 PM »
The one Lego Star Wars set I would like more than anything would be a Death Star.  They wouldn't have to put it all in one box, either.  They could make different sections as they did with Jabba's Palace.  I wish they would have done something similar with Cloud City as well.