Author Topic: kellerman collection for sale??  (Read 3582 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
kellerman collection for sale??
« on: August 13, 2004, 06:42 PM »
i just received an email from cloud city that john kellerman, the author of that awesome book, is selling his entire collection through them. doesn't give any reasons. i can only imagine what kind of prices they are going to be asking for some of that stuff...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: kellerman collection for sale??
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2004, 06:50 PM »
Wow.  That's kind of a bummer.  I wonder why?  I can only assume it's some kind of financial problem/emergency, 'cause I highly doubt he'd want to just part with his entire collection that he seemed to have such a strong passion for...

:-\

Someone please sign me up for all his ANH 12 and 20 backs, and ANH store displays.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2004, 06:51 PM by JediMAC »

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 12:08 AM »
Well if you're a carded collector in the market for high grade items, no better time than now to take a look at John's collection. Can't go wrong with buying items from one of the most respected guys in the hobby. I'm going to keep an eye out for some loose figures that I may need, never know might find something nice.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2004, 01:25 AM »
Just checking out the stuff. Lots of nice carded figures but AFA means crap to me though the prices are very reasonable.

I know awhile back on RS, John put up his collection of Kenner displays & shelf talkers up for grabs. Now some of those would intrest me.

Offline HWR

• Jedi Initiate
  • Finally I have returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2004, 02:05 AM »
Hopefully he is not leaving the Star Wars community for good, which I don't think he is. A man who put so much time, efford and work into making a book like he did, simply can't leave his hbby behind.

On a side note, every collector should order a copy of his book. I don't collect cared figures only loose (specializing on variations), but I still bought it along with three other danish collectors. It was send to me, and it was I who ordered them from his aplication page, so I comunicated at bit with him back then, he seems to be a very nice guy.

Collector of vintage loose Star Wars figures and variations.
Three time sponsor and presenter at the Celebration Europe Collector Track.

Offline Durge

• Banned
  • Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2004, 10:29 AM »
It's kind of sad to see it go. I can't imagine how many hours he spent hunting down some of that stuff. :'(