Author Topic: Opinion on the Official SW Website?  (Read 1778 times)

Offline Durge

• Banned
  • Youngling
    • View Profile
Opinion on the Official SW Website?
« on: August 14, 2004, 09:43 PM »
Hi. What is your opinion on StarWars.com? Whether you have HS or not. Please do not turn this into a "I hate 'Hypersuck'" thread. Just discuss whether or not you like the site and what you like about it.

I subscribe to the club and I really enjoy the benefits, but my favorite part of the site is the "Kessel Mines" article section. There is always something interesting in that section. In my opinion, the official site is one of the best movie sites ever. I don't know of any other movie that gets daily web updates.

What is your opinion? :-*
« Last Edit: August 14, 2004, 09:44 PM by Durge »

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Opinion on the Official SW Website?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2004, 09:47 PM »
I think the official site blows. They lied when they said that they would not turn normal news into Hyperspace news. They simply did it in a gradual motion. The site has little to no interest to me and their forums suck as well. I personally rely on sites like we have here, Galactic Hunter, RebelScum, The Jawa, etc for any Star Wars info I need or care to read.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 10:17 PM »
I use the databank every now and again - but I generally have no use whatsoever for that site.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2004, 10:17 PM »
Not a fan of the site simply because you have to pay for everything good.  

Offline jkno

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2004, 03:41 AM »

you took the words out of my mouth. I visit SW site once a year! And not more than 2 minutes.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2004, 09:17 AM »
if you're talking about the actual design of the site, i like it. very fresh and new looking. one of my current favorites, design wise.

if you're talking about the actual content, i hate it. even though i'm a fan club/hyperspace/overpriced content member, there isn't really **** there for me that i don't already know from somewhere else, usually first. yeah, the behind the helmet pics are cool, and some of the other stuff is cool, but i don't think we should have to pay $40 a year for access to it. there are plenty of other "official" websites that don't rape members on a yearly basis.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2004, 11:25 AM »
Does everyone else have to continually sign in to Hyperspace to see stuff too?  I hate that...leave me logged in you bastards

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2004, 12:13 PM »

Ditto!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2004, 04:12 PM »
Does everyone else have to continually sign in to Hyperspace to see stuff too?  I hate that...leave me logged in you bastards

Every time. I get quite tired of that.

I signed on mainly to catch the Clone Wars episodes, plus the Before the Helmet mages or whatever they're called.

Knollvision is pretty sweet. But this isn't worth $40. Glad I paid $20 before they merged it with the Fan Club.
The only way I'd renew next year is if they give me free or discounted tickets to Ep. III midnight showings.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2004, 07:03 PM »

yeah. and it sucks.