Author Topic: Anyone? Picture Help  (Read 2258 times)

Offline Wace Mindu

• Youngling
  • Knows too much!
    • View Profile
Anyone? Picture Help
« on: August 16, 2004, 07:57 PM »
Can someone please explain this...

Interested on behalf of another forum.
Why do I get the feeling you'll be the death of me?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Anyone? Picture Help
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 08:03 PM »
I think the original plans, and maybe even some footage shot for that scene, had Dooku using two lightsabers at one point (Obi-Wan's?  Though it doesn't look like it in that shot).  I forget if it was supposedly in the Anakin duel (probably), or the Yoda one.

A lot of people were hoping some of this scene would be included in the Deleted Scenes feature of the DVD, or on Hyperspace, or something.  But unfortunately, it's yet to happen...  Just a few stills here and there is all so far.

Very intriguing though!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2004, 08:04 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2004, 02:17 AM »
Dooku was supposed to, and I believe did have footage shot, using 2 sabers like that.  I'd love to have been able to watch him and Anakin duel with 2 sabers, but alas Lucas thinks good ideas suck.

I can only imagine that's a production shot.  Theyr'e a bit more elaborate in the new films than they were in the classics. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline BobaShek

• Jedi Initiate
  • OT Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2004, 06:52 PM »
Dooku can be seen using two lightsabers in the AOTC graphic novel as well, so it must've been planned at some point, as you guys have mentioned.

Offline Wace Mindu

• Youngling
  • Knows too much!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2004, 06:36 AM »
Thanks everyone
Why do I get the feeling you'll be the death of me?

Offline Mike16

• Youngling
  • As you wish...
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2004, 03:23 PM »
On the AOTC DVD documentary about making Yoda, theres a some behind the scenes footage which shows Christopher Lee with two lightsabers. I'm guessing that he would have been fighting Yoda with two sabers if this scene had been in the film.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2004, 04:48 PM »
At the time of production, Tyranus was supposed to use 2 sabers at one point versus Anakin in the hangar while Obi Wan lie on the floor like a school girl.  In fact, the AOTC 1st Dooku figure comes with that spare lightsaber as one of the accessories.  But the scene was cut out before it made it's way to theatres and our fragile little minds.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 9, 2005, 03:58 PM »
There have been a number of images circulating about this scene.  What I've consistently heard is that Dooku was supposed to use two lightsabers against Yoda.  However, George Lucas is a ruthless editor, even with his own material.  He saw that Attack Of The Clones was running long, and cut the duel between Yoda and Dooku.  In fact, in some of the behind the scenes footage on the AOTC dvd, you can seen Christopher Lee wielding 2 lightsabers at one point.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 06:47 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback