Author Topic: Fun with the Military!  (Read 5946 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Fun with the Military!
« Reply #15 on: May 2, 2005, 10:14 PM »
Mobile Arty, welcome to the discussion....but the link won't work...

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2006, 08:07 AM »
Ok I had an empty house this weekend so I watched the OT from start to finish...I think I saw something and wanted see if anybody else noticed.

It involves my favorite un-sung heroes of the Empire...Death Squad Commander/Star Destroyer Commander/Imperial Naval Fleet Trooper etc.

In A New Hope we see these guys on the Death Star.  We get a really good shot of them walking in the detention center and the guy is wearing "Jack Boots".  These are the Low version (meaning not knee high, about lower calf height)

Skip ahead to ESB..on the Executor when Vader kills Capt. Needa 2 Naval Fleet troopers rush in to pick up the corpse and they are wearing Riding Boots, the same heighth and syle that the Imp Officers/Han Solo etc wear.

Then in ROTS we won't discuss it since the Military Advisor was not on board so the uniform regulations took a nose dive.

So, here is the question...which is correct or are both?  Do you think Vader's clean up crew wears a different uniform since it is a more "formal" assignment?

I prefer the Lower boot for this particular trooper, but it could be fluke that it even showed up in ANH...I wonder if the guys on the Death Star with Tarkin when they blew up Alderaan had the High Top boots on, since we never see their feet.

I know a totally random topic but if we are to get a new figure of this I want one more like the Vintage one and he had lower boots.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2006, 09:08 AM »
I always assumed that the lower cut boots, or work shoes, were worn by the 'grunt' duty troopers, such as the Detention center troopers or the flight control, while the higher cut riding boots were worn by the more formal troopers - security guards in the conference rooms, etc.