Author Topic: Saw Things So Much Clearer...Pearl Jam Thread V4.0  (Read 46723 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Saw Things So Much Clearer...Pearl Jam Thread V4.0
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2004, 11:04 AM »
Wanted to add too that at the East Troy, WI show I went to last summer they said they were thinking of touring the summer/fall and it would be really small (10 shows I think) and East Troy would be one of the stops since they can draw from Chicago, Milwaukee and Minneapolis and its a nice Amphitheatre.  I hope that pans out and they do do some acoustic shows, that first set from the Boston #3 show last year is amazing

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2004, 01:27 PM »
(Also posted in the "What's Spinning?" thread)

There is nothing truly sweeter than scooping Pearson on his own band:

From http://forums.pearljam.com/showthre...&threadid=69610

June 15, 2004
For Immediate Release:

Pearl Jam To Release
“Live At Benaroya Hall October 22nd 2003”
First-Ever Full Length Acoustic Performance
Album To Be Released At Retail July 27th

Pre-Orders Available at www.pearljam.com Beginning June 21 With Band Poster for $13

Seattle - Twelve years ago, Pearl Jam performed a rare acoustic show for MTV as part of the “Unplugged” series. Although the performance was never officially released, it continues to be one of the band's most bootlegged shows. On July 27th, 2004, Pearl Jam fans can satiate their acoustic appetites with the band's first ever full-length, mostly acoustic live show on a double disc CD entitled “Live at Benaroya Hall October 22, 2003” (distributed though BMG and Ten Club).

”Live at Benaroya Hall October 22, 2003” will feature the band's 2+ hour, sold-out performance on October 22, 2003 at the intimate 2,500-seat venue which marked the first live performance of Pearl Jam’s Golden Globe nominated song “Man of the Hour” as well as acoustic covers of Bob Dylan’s “Masters of War”, the Ramones’ “I Believe in Miracles” and Johnny Cash’s “25 Minutes to Go.” The full set list from the evening follows:

Disc 1

ofthegirl
low light
thumbing my way
thin air
fatal
nothing as it seems
man of the hour
immortality
off he goes
around the bend
i believe in miracles
sleight of hand
all or none
lukin

Disc 2

parting ways
down
can't keep
dead man
masters of war
black
crazy mary
25 minutes to go
daughter
yellow ledbetter

Pre-orders for the CD will be available at www.pearljam.com beginning June 21 for $13USD. Only CDs ordered through the Pearl Jam Ten Club will include a special poster featuring a photo of the band taken at the Benaroya show by renowned photographer Charles Peterson. A special limited edition vinyl box set will also be available through the band's website only and will also include the poster.

The Benaroya Hall show was a benefit for YouthCare, a non profit organization providing a range of comprehensive services for Seattle's homeless and at-risk youth for the past 30 years. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of the CD will also benefit YouthCare. For more information on YouthCare, please visit: youthcare.org.

“This was one of those special shows, but because it was not part of the 2003 tour bootleg series and fans were asking for it, and because of the unique nature of the performance itself– it being the band's first full length acoustic show- it felt like a show we should give fans the chance to own,” said band manager Kelly Curtis.

Reviews from the Benaroya show were glowing:

“…the concert brought especially stirring performances from Vedder and guitarist McCready, who received several ovations.”

-Gene Stout, Seattle Post Intelligencer.

“With or without juice, Pearl Jam puts on an electrifying show.”

“The encore provided some of the finest moments of the evening, from a bone-tingling version of Victoria Williams “Crazy Mary,” … to the plaintive and plainly beautifully “Black.” For the latter, Vedder turned the mike toward the audience, and with some 2,500 people singing along, it was dramatic and moving.

-Tina Potterf, The Seattle Times

“Things didn't quite go as advertised: McCready and Ament plugged in for a few select numbers, and [Boom] Gaspar's organ was juiced throughout. That's not to mention the full-blown, electric delivery on the night's feel good finale, “Yellow Ledbetter.”

“[Vedder's] solo delivery of 'Dead Man' was one of the nights highlights, promptly topped, upon the band's return, with a chilling delivery of Dylan's war protest song [Masters of War].”

-Ernest Jasmine, Morning News Tribune
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2004, 01:37 PM »
Damn you Virex...but God Bless Pearl Jam.  I've listened to parts of this show and it is pretty dang good.  25 Minutes to Go has been a nice cover to add to the repetoire

Really hoping a Fall Tour happens

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2004, 04:06 PM »
Wonder how much they'll be asking for the vinyl. I must own it.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2004, 01:14 AM »
Not as big as a new PJ CD...ah this news sucks :-[

Former drummer Jack Irons has finally announced that his new, long awaited, solo album will be coming out in August. It is entitled Attention Dimension.

Even better, you may recognize some familiar names appearing in the credits. Ed Vedder lends his vocals to a cover of Pink Floyd's Shine On You Crazy Diamond. Stone Gossard, Jeff Ament, Flea, and Les Claypool also make musical contributions on the album.

Has this piqued your interest yet? Head on over to Jack's brand new website jackirons.com for more information!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2004, 10:06 PM »
Well, I can't get into the 10c to score the Benaroya vinyl.

Guess I'm dicked out of that one since only 2000 are being pressed... :'(

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2004, 12:11 PM »

My buddy told me that the vinyls sold out really fast which is too bad for him as he'll have to shell out big bucks to pick one up via eBay.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2004, 04:26 PM »
I finally got into the 10c last night. The asking price for the vinyl was $35.

Suddenly, it doesn't bother me I wasn't able to buy one. I don't think I would have at that price.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2004, 12:31 PM »
I have Ames Bros posters from the 3 shows I went to last year and have been looking forever on eBay for the Minneapolis Poster from the show I went to in '98.  One just popped up on eBay a few days ago

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3823418530&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT&rd=1

$255 with a few days to go :'(

« Last Edit: June 24, 2004, 12:32 PM by OCB »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2004, 04:03 PM »
 :o

I'm glad I don't collect PJ posters. Oooof.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2004, 04:09 PM »
No doubt...and this is the first one in the year and a half that has even shown up on eBay which is strange because a lot of other 98 shows are pretty common.  The 2000 show I went to didn't have a poster luckily for me

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2004, 06:32 PM »
About how big are these posters? IIRC, they aren't movie poster-sized, are they?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2004, 03:30 PM »
See that's the other crap thing, they are all different sizes...the 3 I have are all different

They are 24.5 x 15 for Fargo, 19 x 23 for Saint Paul and 19 x 24 for East Troy

I haven't gotten around to framing them yet but I want to eventually

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2004, 08:11 PM »
i love the ames posters. i try to pick one up every time i go to a show. my favorite from last years tour was the one i picked up at nassau colliseum.

i have it framed on my wall, with my ticket stub (row 2 fan club seats) and a picture of me and my buddy that was posted on the synergy website, with eddie standing at the foot of the stage, the pic was taken from behind the stage, and you can see the two of us in front of ed.

another question.... why does this digipack of the "10" cd go for so much money? i have one of these, but now i'm thinking about selling it, if it's getting $250+  :o

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2004, 08:19 PM »
This one?

http://www.sonymusic.net/artists/PearlJam/images6/uniondale8.jpg

I almost made this one...the guy in the orange shirt in the middle right was with our group of tickets...

http://www.sonymusic.net/artists/PearlJam/images6/easttroy2.jpg

I would be on the right side of the shot

Ed thought this guy was Kerry Wood of the Cubs...it does sort of look like him.  He ran on stage and started singing along

http://www.sonymusic.net/artists/PearlJam/images6/easttroy8.jpg

This is where I sat at Fargo

http://www.jedidefender.com/spearson/Fargo.jpg

« Last Edit: June 29, 2004, 08:29 PM by OCB »