Author Topic: Vintage OTC Figures - A New Hope  (Read 63928 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage OTC Figures
« Reply #105 on: May 24, 2004, 09:51 AM »
I'm still really liking this entire line of figures, hopefully we'll get some more pics soon (preferrably of Wave 3).  Now that Hasbro has finally started their "features" on each of the 12, we should start to learn a little more about each of them.  Thanks for posting the news about Wave 2 being up for sale Scott.  I'd like to hold out to find these at retail, but the way things have been around here lately (nothing new since Tatooine wave), I don't know if I can trust that.  Plus, despite the price, these should be pretty popular.  Like I said when we first saw shots of these, I think this is the type of line where if I didn't or couldn't have anything else as a Star Wars collection, I'd like to have these 12 figures on a shelf.  From the ones we have seen so far, they look pretty spiff-tastic.

I'm with those who are hoping for a gadget laden R2.  That would be pretty cool.  I'm curious to see what they do with Fett and Chewie as well.  This collection is basically just what I've wanted, well articulated versions of the main characters who are able to be neutrally posed or posed as you want...and to top it off, they are using the vintage cardbacks.  Now if they would follow JesseJames' advice and do this for at least the main characters/army builders throughout the other movies, we'd be all set.  Even though I'm more of an OT person than PT, I wouldn't mind seeing versions like this of PT Anakin, Obi, Padme, etc.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #106 on: May 24, 2004, 12:59 PM »
Wave 2 is up for preorder at EE

Wave 2

2x Lando
2x Vader
2x Yoda

and

1x Luke
1x Han ::) ::) ::)

Well here is Wave 2.5

2x C-3PO
1x Vader
1x Yoda
1x Luke
1x Han
1x Leia
1x Obi-Wan

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #107 on: May 24, 2004, 01:02 PM »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #108 on: May 24, 2004, 02:03 PM »
Wave 2 is up for preorder at EE

Wave 2

2x Lando
2x Vader
2x Yoda

and

1x Luke
1x Han ::) ::) ::)

Well here is Wave 2.5

2x C-3PO
1x Vader
1x Yoda
1x Luke
1x Han
1x Leia
1x Obi-Wan

>:(

Hasbro!  Pull your head out of your butt!

Why the heck didn't you just stick with 2x each of the new characters?

:'(

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #109 on: May 24, 2004, 02:06 PM »
Well, because shmucks like me will now buy 3 different cases to make sure I have 2x of each figure ::)  I sure hope supply is enough to meet demand on these and retail doesn't get preferrential treatment to etailers

It is nice these should be out at a non high-retail demand time...if they were due in October I'd be more worried

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #110 on: May 24, 2004, 02:15 PM »
Yeah,  it looks like I'll be changing my pre-order to get 3 cases too (wave 1, wave 2, wave 2.5), so that I can practice CYA on these.

Based on what I've seen so far, Hasbro will probably do something stupid and go with the following for wave 3/3.5:

[FUN SPECULATION, not fact]
Wave 3
2x Boba Fett
2x R2-D2
1x Vader
1x C3PO
1x Han
1x Luke

Wave 3.5
2x Chewie
1x Han
1x Luke
1x Lando
1x Yoda
1x Vader
1x Stormtrooper

:P

That way they can split up the cases again and ensure that the only Army builder is just one per case...   :-\

Jeff

SilverZ

« Reply #111 on: May 24, 2004, 02:54 PM »
Oh well, no harm in ordering and then cancelling later if wave 3 case ratios fixes things. I put my order in.

What really bothers me is that they didn't go for 12 figures per case, obviously because of the clamshell packaging. 12 would solve all problems. Wouldn't it be nice to just be able to order a nice assortment of 12, 1 each of the figure, afer wave 3?  ::)

I'm starting to turn into Col. Klink about this.

Haaaaaaassssssbro!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #112 on: May 26, 2004, 10:07 AM »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 26, 2004, 10:51 AM »
Being a Han fan, I think this might be my favorite figure of all time...at least judging by the pictures.  The likeness/paint look excellent, he has great articulation (all those ball joints) without looking strange, and can be neutrally or self-posed.  All that, along with the vintage cardback, makes this pretty spifftastic in my book.  This whole line looks great so far though, sounds like Luke is up next.  Thanks for the link Scott.  If they keep doing two per week, we should be getting some nice images of the ESB waves over the next couple of weeks....then on to the ROTJ, which we haven't seen much of yet.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #114 on: May 26, 2004, 12:06 PM »
Excellent.

I love this Han Solo figure.

I am trying to convince my wife that the new OTC Falcon, vOTC Han Solo and vOTC Chewbacca need a place of honor in the Living Room, but I think I'm losing the battle...

Jeff

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 26, 2004, 12:15 PM »
I am trying to convince my wife that the new OTC Falcon, vOTC Han Solo and vOTC Chewbacca need a place of honor in the Living Room, but I think I'm losing the battle...

That's a great idea, but I doubt I win that battle either :).

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #116 on: May 26, 2004, 04:24 PM »
« Last Edit: May 26, 2004, 04:26 PM by OCB »

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 26, 2004, 08:35 PM »
Placed my order for wave 2.  I'm hoping wave 3 will give me a C-3PO. :-\
Beth

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #118 on: May 31, 2004, 02:42 PM »
GH has loose pics of Obi-Wan and Leia

SilverZ

« Reply #119 on: May 31, 2004, 03:05 PM »
I can't say I'm all that excited now.

The Ben has more going against it than it has going for it. The articulation is nice, but anything that it brings to the figure is robbed by all the puffiness of the soft goods. I think I'd prefer a 'live" Ben from OTC after seeing these pics.

Leia is OK. That's a pretty nice headsculpt. She finally has a good Carrie Fisher ANH likeness. I just don't see a lot of use for her in my collection (at least opened). If they had to go softgoods, they should have included a flip-down hood. Then at least the figure would be unique.