Author Topic: Vintage OTC Figures - A New Hope  (Read 63934 times)

SilverZ

Re: Vintage OTC Figures
« Reply #405 on: August 17, 2004, 12:32 AM »
Two new Wave 3 assortments added to EE today:

Rev2
2x Boba Fett - Return of the Jedi, 1x R2-D2 - Return of the Jedi, 1x Chewbacca - Return of the Jedi, 1x Stormtrooper - Return of the Jedi (NEW), 1x Yoda - Empire Strikes Back, 1x C-3P0 - Empire Strikes Back, 1x Obi-Wan Kenobi - A New Hope.

(obviously the one all stores will order... 1 Stormtrooper.  ::) )

Rev3
1x Boba Fett - Return of the Jedi, 2x Stormtrooper - Return of the Jedi, 2x Yoda - Empire Strikes Back, 1x Lando Calrissian - Empire Strikes Back, 2x Darth Vader - Empire Strikes Back

And a case with no Chewbacca or R2. ::) That means to date, those two figures never appear in any assortment at more than 1 per case.

Bite me, Hasbro!

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 17, 2004, 12:36 AM »
Rev2
2x Boba Fett - Return of the Jedi, 1x R2-D2 - Return of the Jedi, 1x Chewbacca - Return of the Jedi, 1x Stormtrooper - Return of the Jedi (NEW), 1x Yoda - Empire Strikes Back, 1x C-3P0 - Empire Strikes Back, 1x Obi-Wan Kenobi - A New Hope.

what? this could have been so simple. why are they throwing obi wan kenobi and yoda in this case? why??

4 figures per assortment (anh, esb, rotj). 8 figures per case. do the friggin math hasbro. do the math. absolutely incredible. if it wasn't so frustrating, it'd be funny.

SilverZ

« Reply #407 on: August 17, 2004, 12:59 AM »
I could be more understanding of these dumb mixes IF there was in fact an even 2/2/2/2 breakdown for each movie, and then they did these weird refresh cases. It makes sense to refresh the older figures here and there, but COME ON. They can't even argue that some certain figures are late in production. These f'ed up assortments ship a month after the initial Wave 3 case. They are complete f**ktards.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #408 on: August 17, 2004, 02:11 AM »
Can't say much more than Jared did.

Very stupid, and I agree that the Stormie's gonna be short-packed.  You know it...  I know it...  The American People know it...

Hasbro:  Slappin' consumers in the face with their collective sack one figure at a time.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: VOTC/OTC Purchases
« Reply #409 on: August 17, 2004, 10:11 AM »
Hmm with that nutslap I plan on buying my second R2 and Chewie at Retail, these have all been suprisingly easy to find

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #410 on: August 17, 2004, 05:42 PM »
I'm still searching for Yoda and Vader.   :-\

Rest of the world isn't like Pitt on these.  THey're selling out here except for 2 to 3 straglers of the original wave.  And I too am now seeing Han mre than the others.  I'm unclear why unless he's seen a better shipment than Ben and Leia.

Love them, just worried about finding 5 stormtroopers, 2 fetts, 2 chewies, 2 Vaders, 2 Yodas, 2 Landos, and one of each of the others. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

SilverZ

« Reply #411 on: August 17, 2004, 07:50 PM »
Yeah, they seem to be really moving here in SoCal, too. This last week the wave 2 (Yoda, Vader, Han, Luke) seemed to hit every TRU almost simultaneously. You could see the aftermath because all that would be left were Hans. Then, a couple days later, even he sold out. And, of course, they haven't refreshed their stock. Also, the TRUs here never stocked any wave 1 to begin with.

I'm also worried that if this pattern continues, there's going to be no way everyone is going to get their hands on enough of the 1 per case Jedi figures.  >:(

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #412 on: August 17, 2004, 09:26 PM »
Makes me glad I can't find 'em, since I really can't afford 'em anyway.

I still don't see why they couldn't ship 2x of each character in their respective waves. I'd have bought three cases that way. But now I'm just going to buy one of each, provided I find them and can afford them.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #413 on: August 18, 2004, 07:13 PM »
That's a very cool picture, and pose there!  Definitely nice to know you can recreate that first scene with the Holographic Emperor, assuming it doesn't get demolished by SWS.com.

Or maybe it won't...   ;)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #414 on: August 18, 2004, 08:32 PM »
Found the Yoda/Vader/Luke set today at TRU in Iowa, and bought Yoda, my first VOTC.  Luke and Vader looked very nice, but I'm sticking to my guns.  Or trying to...

SilverZ

« Reply #415 on: August 20, 2004, 07:54 PM »
I just noticed that EE has moved the VOTC Wave 2.5 and Wave 3 initial assortments to "pre-sold out" which sure seems like they've received allocation numbers from Hasbro, and they're close to arriving. I hope I make the cut-off, because I'm close to outright quitting the B&M hunt here in SoCal, which is a worthless, time-wasting endeavor. I don't have the patience or gas money to bother any more.

Hasbro had better be shipping A LOT more of the revised assortments or they're going to have even more people hate their guts than they already do.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 20, 2004, 08:08 PM »
I just noticed that EE has moved the VOTC Wave 2.5 and Wave 3 initial assortments to "pre-sold out"

wow. that frightens me big time. recently, i've been seeing all 3 (and 1 instance of all 6) votc in stores. but that's it. never saw them before, and i doubt i'll see many more.

if these last 2 waves are gonna be as hard to find as it looks like, i'm gonna go crazy.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #417 on: August 20, 2004, 08:34 PM »
 >:(

Someone remind me again why the hell these aren't case packed 2x each per wave?

stupid, stupid, stupid...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 20, 2004, 09:21 PM »
>:(

Someone remind me again why the hell these aren't case packed 2x each per wave?

stupid, stupid, stupid...

Jeff

one word: hasbro

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #419 on: August 20, 2004, 10:21 PM »
I think their whole 'ships only once' attitude started to scare them, so they ****** the assortments up to get the figures out.

More than likely, those Han, Leia, and Ben figures will still be sitting around when Ep. III hits, and probably after that.

Or, I'm wrong, and everybody will go nuts over these in late September. Could happen. Not bloody likely, but it could happen.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk