Author Topic: JediDefender Battlefront/Commando Clan  (Read 13444 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: JediDefender Battlefront/Commando Clan
« Reply #15 on: September 2, 2004, 05:38 PM »
I'm pretty nervous about my laptop being able to hold it. I'm pretty sure Battlefront will be too much for it, but Commando is more straightforward (without any vehicles, etc) so I'll have better luck there.  :-\

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #16 on: September 2, 2004, 09:08 PM »
Well, I've got a PS2 and an X-Box, and my PC is probably too slow to run this game properly. Since a new PC isn't exactly on the horizon right now, and a bunch of my buddies are buying this for PS2, I think I'll just go that route.

Let me know if any of you are going the PS2 route.

Have my PS2 version pre-ordered.  Also posted some cheap options if you haven't hooked up online.

TRU had some deals on the knock-off adapter ($29.99) and headset($15 after half off clearance deals)
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #17 on: September 6, 2004, 10:28 PM »
Oh, I've been playing SOCOM onine for a couple years now, so I'm good as far as the hookup is concerned. Thanks though!
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #18 on: September 7, 2004, 03:47 PM »
I totally suck at SOCOM.  I'm lucky if I play all night and get a kill. 

The whole reason I bought SOCOM in the first place a few weeks ago was to just get the PS2 online hooked up, make sure the system works, and get some practice in, even if it's not the same game ;^)
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2004, 12:00 AM »
I'll be picking this up for PS2.  I'll be using Hung Solow as my player name.
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist

Offline JasperFett

• Youngling
  • I am a mighty mandalorian
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2004, 02:58 AM »
 :)Count me in guys. I just have to come up with the info, but I will be getting the game for X-box.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2004, 03:11 PM »
I'm going to make a new thread for PS2, so those that will be playing on that system can touch base and maybe join forces. It might be a good idea for those going either the X-Box or PC route to do the same.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

SilverZ

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2004, 06:11 PM »
I've been checking out the Xbox demo that is on the 4th disc of the DVD, and I'm 99% sure I want to go with the PC version.

The controls on the Xbox version are Halo style, with no option to adjust lookspring or analog stick speed (unless they've changed this before release). I'm going nuts with the sluggy look control as it is. Since the camera system is so mouse-driven (like an FPS) I want the PC version which should have mouselook speed control.

Game is fun, otherwise. It's going to be a good run and gun shooter and fun to play with others. I'm just thinking the PC will offer the best experience right now. So for now, PC for me.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2004, 10:01 PM »
Check the front page for the roster.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2004, 07:28 PM by Angry Ewok »

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2004, 03:58 AM »
Bump - updated the roster.

Offline BobaShek

• Jedi Initiate
  • OT Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2004, 06:45 PM »
You can sign me up on the PC roster. :)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2004, 07:00 PM »
Everyone check out the very first post to see if I got the roster right, it looks like so far everyone is probably going to play Battlefront.

Let's get a name before this goes gold, so we can nominate some leaders and assemble teams.

I'll send my vote to calling ourselves something in the way of the Defenders, Infantry, Raiders, Recons, or Volunteers - with a number designation (ie 21st Infantry Div., or 1st Recon Bat., etc).

I'm against calling ourselves anything "Jedi" though.  :-\

We'll narrow it down to a couple of names and then we'll vote on it - majority wins.  ;)

Once we know for sure who is playing what, the leaders will be nominated.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2004, 07:23 PM by Angry Ewok »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2004, 09:08 PM »
At this point, here's my deal on this...

I have an X-Box, so if I get it, it's likely for the X-Box as my PC (while nice) is a Win 98 machine and I'm finding games are now going to NOT running on an OS this old.  I'm not one for upgrading unless I get a SECOND computer to run my old games on.  CorranHorn mentioned that option to me, and while obvious, it had never even dawned upon me.

So, at this stage of the proverbial game, I'm an X-Boxer, but, I'm sad to see the MAJORITY of you are playing PS2 or PC, so if I'm doing this on PC I'll be a later arrival...  Till I can figure what the hell I'm doing here.

I'm not an MP gamer fan, so I'd be doing this just to participate.  I don't even have X-Box Live, so actually I doubt I even get this for X-Box.  Plus PC's gonna have mods for this, you know it, and they're going ot make owning the PC version 10x better anyway...  So, PC's what I'm aiming for, but sometime down the road.  X-Box is unlikely for me right now because I'm not paying for XB Live till I have $.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2004, 01:38 AM »
I'm telling you guys - get it for PC if you can! PC = custom maps, custom skins, modded servers, etc., etc.

If it means you gotta wait awhile, that's fine - it'll be worth it.

SilverZ

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2004, 02:31 PM »
On the name front, can I suggest something a bit out of line of how the naming has been proceeding? How about we pick an easy operating name to start, like JD/COM, and finalize a once we all start playing?

The reason I suggest this is when we really get playing and find what our play styles, strategies, and favorite parts of the game are, we'll probably realize a clan name that is a natural fit in the Battlefront context.

All set for the PC game next Tuesday here.

Jesse, have you considered doing a dual-boot system so you can have XP and 98 on the same machine?