Author Topic: Tusken Raider  (Read 2055 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Tusken Raider
« on: February 16, 2003, 08:55 PM »
Okay I bought the Tusken Raider w/ Camp base the other day, but had to return it as it was broke (paint dried in the joint and thus the arm broke off :() and there wasn't another.

Likeness 10/10
Nothing wrong here, looks like a Tusken.

Articulation 8/10
He reminds me a bit of Eeth Koth in that his wrists/elbows are articulated, thus making up for the lack of knee-articulation. 8 points total, so he's above average.

Base 7/10
I dunno, I guess I can judge it once there's something to attatch to it... It's not bad, I love not having to buy a stand or prop him against something, but it looks incomplete.

Action Feature 10/10
Magnet head works just fine, may get knocked off on accident from time to time, but its way better than a big peg w/ crappy "kicking action".

Overall -
If you see him, and you like Tuskens, buy him. He's got a weak gaffi stick accessory, but regardless, he's a great figure all around. Nothing cooler than slicing off a Tusken head.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re:Tusken Raider
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2003, 09:55 AM »
Nice review. To bad it was damaged.
I'm sure you will find another.  ;)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re:Tusken Raider
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2003, 12:04 PM »
Nice review. To bad it was damaged.
I'm sure you will find another.  ;)
I haven't found anything in months in town, I found the Tusken in ATL, which was equally dry save for that 1 wave (they had the new Destroyers x2, and I think they had x2 Teebo's, didnt get it though).

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Tusken Raider
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2003, 02:27 PM »
Many Tusken Raiders have been made, but this one has got to be the finest one made yet.  The pose is a very aggressive one, where he is in an attacking position with his Gaffi stick.  He looks great standing on the included base, and one of these days I would love to put a little light underneath the camp fire.  His head stays on nicely with a strong magnet, and looks great even off his body.  Hasbro did a great job on this figure, and I'm hoping Hasbro makes more Tusken Raiders to add to my collection of them.

Rating = A

Check out the pictures of it here.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2003, 10:18 PM by dustrho »
dustrho