Author Topic: Vintage OTC Figures - The Return of the Jedi  (Read 37739 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage OTC Figures - The Return of the Jedi
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2004, 12:14 PM »
Galactic Hunter has a little PREVIEW up of the vOTC Boba Fett.  I wasn't too sure when I first saw comic con pics how amazing this figure would be, but I think the loose pics that have started to show up here and elsewhere are showing it is quite a nice figure.  I know I'm looking forward to it (and the rest of the wave).  Looking through these images, something about that figure on that Fett "flamethrowin" cardback is just....nice.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2004, 12:18 PM »
Personally, I'd rather they used the Skiff picture cardback - I always liked that one better (plus I already have a vintage Fett with the artwork/flamthrower cardback  :P )

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2004, 12:23 PM »
You know, I always preferred the Skiff cardback too, just looked more "real" to me...but after seeing that pic over at GH today, this one looks pretty nice too.  Either card would have been fine, I guess just seeing these vintage cardbacks is good enough for me anyways :P

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2004, 03:40 PM »
As a sort-of follow up to yesterday, I did in fact go back to Target and snag another Stormtrooper. By that point, not three hours later, all the Chewies, Artoos, Landos, and Threepios had disappeared. Looks like I saw a magical moment in history that may in fact never be duplicated.

But I still got my second Stormtrooper, and gave Boba Fett another hard once-over before passing him up again. After having worried I'd never find one (as I've yet to see in person a SP Clone) I'm glad to have two of'em. Great stuff.

Oh, something else I've noticed--Chewie has no peg holes. Alas.

SilverZ

« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2004, 07:31 PM »
I'm not 100% sold on Fett anymore after seeing that preview. He doesn't have a neck.  :-\ Even though he's a preposed wonder, the 300th Edition Fett is the perfect likeness to me.

Oh, something else I've noticed--Chewie has no peg holes. Alas.

No pegholes? On Chewie? God, that sucks and makes no sense at all.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2004, 01:53 AM »
I saw all but R2 in person at a local group meeting...

WOW!  That's really all there is to say upon seeing them.

They're absolutely incredibly sculpted...  Fett's living up to my hopes personally, but the neck thing never struck me really as something I'd notice.  I always sorta thought Fett's helmet sat lower...  It looks cool to me.

The Stormtrooper's just such a dream come true to army builders.  Hard to put into words how great he is without tearing up a little.   :'(

Chewie however...  Here's the runaway outta left field...  This figure is one of the most accurate looking pieces of plastic I've ever seen, and he really may be the best just because he's the most well sculpted and "hidden" articulation abounds.

Great wave guys...  Target seems to be the place for this wave.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2004, 11:43 AM »
Checking out the Chewbacca Preview over at GH.com, this looks like the best Chewie ever made.  I don't know that they could improve on it too much, and it is easily my most anticipated figure of the year (outside of the VOTC Han).  I hope the wook isn't too tough to find, as everyone should have a chance at this figure.  Very nicely done Hasbro.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2004, 08:52 PM »
Yeah, I want the Chewy figure most of all from the VOTC pics I have seen.  It just looks much more realistic than any other version we've gotten IMO.  I don't care if the bandolier is removeable or not to be honest. 

Oh, I am definitely ready to snag a Boba Fett to.  I can't wait to play with the articulation.  That's the only thing that bugs me about the 300th Fett.  He only looks decent in one position really.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2004, 10:35 AM »
Damn...I can NOT wait to get these!!!!  :D
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2004, 04:24 PM »
If you caught my post in the ESB VOTC thread, you'll see that BBTS.com got screwed by Hasbro on the cases allowing them to put together a set of the first eight VOTC.  That sucks but they have in stock enough figures to put together this set of eight figures:

1 x Darth Vader
1 x Lando
2 x Stormtrooper
1 x Chewbacca
1 x R2D2
2 x Boba Fett

I just received a confirmation email from Joel that they have them in stock and will be shipping tomorrow!  Woot!  I should have at least one complete set of VOTC by the end of next week.  Whoo-hoo!
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2004, 05:05 PM »
After a horrible day at school I popped off at Target in hopes of VOTC ROTJ, and low and behold I got their last 2...  Fett and Stormtrooper.

Jaw droppingly articulated...  Not flawless figures, but far superior to I'd say 99% of the line.  SA Clone's still in there though.

Incredible figures...  Hasbro should live up to this standard at all times in my book.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2004, 05:13 PM »

Incredible figures...  Hasbro should live up to this standard at all times in my book.

At that price point?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2004, 07:00 PM »
Since Brent's post today I've been haunting BBTS like a hawk all afternoon, persitence paid off, I ordered the ROTJ wave x1 and an extra 2 Stormies

Prices are a little steep ($15 per fig, $14 for R2)but so is gas and my sanity...

http://bigbadtoystore.com/sw_menu.asp

They still have them...PLUS they have the Naboo and Coruscant Wave in Stock!!!

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2004, 09:15 PM »
JUST ORDERD BOBA!
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile