Author Topic: Toys R Us (Or: Die, Dinosaur, Die!)  (Read 104146 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Toys R Us (Or: Die, Dinosaur, Die!)
« Reply #270 on: December 2, 2021, 07:36 AM »
Here we go again...

Toys "R" Us is opening a new store ... again

This location is close enough to me that I'm going to be checking it out pretty shortly after it opens.  I'm curious to see what it's going to be like.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Online Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #271 on: December 2, 2021, 03:29 PM »
Everytime I see an old TRU location I still think fondly back on it. I hope this is successful (unlike the last time). Maybe they will have better luck with one big store like this. If this is successful it'd be cool to see them try to ad a few more, and keep this very limited in a few major market cities.
"This is the way."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 17, 2021, 08:58 AM »
The new flagship store held a preview event on Wednesday night.  They may be open as soon as tomorrow.

But then there are the Macy's locations that have been operating for at least the past couple of months.  Has anyone been checking these out?

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #273 on: December 17, 2021, 09:16 AM »
But then there are the Macy's locations that have been operating for at least the past couple of months.  Has anyone been checking these out?

I took a peek at the toy section at a local Macy's a little while ago and it looked like a bomb went off. Stuff scattered all over the place.  Looked a lot like the toy section of TJ Maxx or Kohls.  Just a haphazard assortment of various toys in no particular arrangement.  I couldn't even tell you if they had any SW figures or not as I couldn't find a spot where it looked like action figures were supposed to be.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 17, 2021, 09:48 AM »
Our Macy's was like that also. Still a lit of current Hasbro in the mix, I saw new Transformers and Spiderman stuff, but no Star Wars. The interesting thing I noticed on a trip last weekend was all the Toys r Us signage that was there when they set it up is now gone, replaced with some generic Christmas signs instead. I guess that partnership ended fast!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #275 on: November 8, 2023, 11:50 AM »
https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-lifestyle/it-looks-as-though-toys-r-us-will-open-at-the-mall-of-america

TRU coming to Mall of America?  We usually hit MOA once or twice during the holiday shopping season so I'll have to check it out once it opens...  I think my last visit to a TRU store was in Hamilton, Ontario in 2018.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 9, 2023, 11:25 AM »
The so called “flagship store” in New Jersey has been nothing but a disappointment.  It’s like a high priced Ollie’s.  I took these photos close to a year ago, and very little has changed since then. It’s a joke.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CoQzw8lMZgR/?igshid=YjVjNjZkNmFjNg==

Feedback