Author Topic: Everything eBay! Scams, questions, etc...  (Read 192295 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Everything eBay! Scams, questions, etc...
« Reply #405 on: August 20, 2008, 03:31 PM »
These changes are just ridiculous
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 21, 2008, 10:54 AM »
They'll probably, at some point, ask you to put in shipping info about the item you're listing and based on size/weight impose a shipping limit based on Postal Rates or something.

Well I for one hope so. I think it's about time sellers NOT be allowed to trump up shipping charges. $10 for one figure for instance... I pass on those auctions every time. If I can get a CASE of 12 figures shipped to me for $7, then I can't justify the bulk of seller's upcharging the shipping rates.

yes, I realize there are minimal associated cost like packaging (possibly, I know many people just reuse shipping containers that get themselves from auctions they win), as well as gas to the post office. However, there are many sellers who sell a LOT of stuff, so they make few trips to the post office and mail out many things at once to keep their gas costs down.

So I take that into account slightly when bidding. If a seller is fair on shipping and combines shipping, I'm much more inclined to bid on their stuff and multiple auctions of theirs.

I do think eBay should allow a minimal cost built into the shipping for packaging and gas, but MINIMAL is the key. Depending on size of item, will depend on the amount a seller is able to tack on for packaging. Handling costs (this includes gas and the trip to the Post Office, would be no more than 50 cents to a dollar. This doesn't mean a seller automatically gets that added into their auction. The seller would need to decide if they are going to add those charges into their auction and passing on those costs to the buyer. Doing so will help buyers decide in a more informed manner if they will bid on that seller's auction or not based in part on the additional charges.

Yes, all this does mean eBay will get even MORE money, as no doubts they would now look to charge fees based on shipping as well.

It IS a double dip though if you ask me with regards to Paypal, since they own that too. It should NOT be allowed for eBay to charge fees and then Paypal to turn around and charge MORE fees. ANd yes, they ARE monopolizing their service by not allowing other methods of payment.

So I agree with some of what eBay wants to do but also agree that this will hurt sellers and consequently buyers in that there may be less opportunities to buy things as sellers may pull back on what/how much they sell.

Bah, I'm slowing down how much I buy on eBay. Most of these changes don't affect me specifically, but I do sympathize to a degree with sellers. I still think the idae of sellers not being allowed to leave negative feedback was a bad move on eBay's part.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 21, 2009, 12:03 PM »
Good god! For those on the bay, have you checked your "My eBay"? The whole things ******* changed & no opt out for it! I lost items I need to leave feedback but I can do that through the e-mails of the wins/sales but man, **** it all over again ya numpty's!

****! If it ain't broken then don't fix it ya bunch of ******* ****tards! >:(

****tard Award of the Century... "eBay"! ******' *******!  >:(

******* Fucktarded Numpty's!  ::)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 21, 2009, 01:47 PM »
Been a while since you went to your ebay? :D  It's been that way a while (unless it's changing again since it did about 5-6 weeks ago or whenever it did) and I'm already used to it and can't remember the old style.  I haven't bothered "customizing" it, just pretty much left it as is for now.  I can sort of work with it ok now, but I've been selling a bit of late, so I've been pretty active since the new year. 

I am still miffed about the lack of ability to give negs to the buyer and the change in categories that rendered a bunch of categories useless/gone that were great before (Droids & Ewoks Cartoon).  I sold an item last week and got an email from a guy within 3 days asking where it was ::)  My auctions all have a description that includes a rant about Canada Post and it being slow and I send emails out when the item ships.  I can do no more, but I'm pretty much expecting my first negative in 7 years this week or next.  Yay. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 21, 2009, 01:51 PM »
Been a while since you went to your ebay? :D 

Yeah, since I got off work this morning. It was fine then & now... *******!  :P

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 12, 2009, 05:13 PM »
It's been a few weeks since someone complained about ebay. I've got one now. I'm trying to sell a vintage G1 Megatron figure but they keep pulling it down claiming it is a gun without a red tip. No were in my description do I mention it tranforms into a gun. The picture shows it in robot mode. How can I get this thing sold? Should I photoshop in a red tip?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 12, 2009, 05:20 PM »
Is it still able to transform into a gun? If not, then just mention that. But if it still can, well, don't shoot yourself in the foot and say it can't because that would hurt the chance of it selling and for more money.

Don't photoshop it as you'll be held liable for it.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 12, 2009, 05:24 PM »
I'm pretty sure eBay is aware of the whole Megatron thing despite your description - especially with all of the reissues coming out of Japan.

Take a looky here  He's in gun mode here.  Just jam a piece of plastic in the barrel so they can see.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 13, 2009, 09:49 AM »
Actually I've never said in my descriptions that it turned into a gun. I even displayed it in robot mode. I guess I can find a orange piece of plastic and stick it on the barrel.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 13, 2009, 11:07 AM »
It's been a few weeks since someone complained about ebay. I've got one now. I'm trying to sell a vintage G1 Megatron figure but they keep pulling it down claiming it is a gun without a red tip. No were in my description do I mention it tranforms into a gun. The picture shows it in robot mode. How can I get this thing sold? Should I photoshop in a red tip?

It's Megatron. They know that G1 Megatron is a pistol. They know that there are some that come with plugs and some that don't. The ones that don't come with a plug are the ones being removed. If nothing else I would recomend posting it as a buy it now with what you want for it and doing it later in the day. You might stand a better chance of moving it
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 12:21 PM by knashdx »
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 13, 2009, 11:21 AM »
Why are you quoting Brent's rant?  I'm misquoting you for that. 
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 13, 2009, 11:31 AM »
I guess I can find a orange piece of plastic and stick it on the barrel.

Prohibited:
Replicas, paintball guns, "air soft" guns*, replica, toy guns, cap guns and "look-alike" guns if they do not have clear markings permanently affixed to them (commonly blaze orange markings on the barrel or a blaze orange plug inserted into the barrel) or if they are readily convertible to shoot a lethal projectile.

Stick one of these in the barrel, problem solved.  :P

Or an electrical orange wire nut.  ;)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 13, 2009, 07:49 PM »
Good ideas guys. I'll reshoot a picture with something sholved in the barrel.

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 4, 2009, 01:39 PM »
Ah sigh! Beware

Same E-Seller Scum with the same dumb trick for almost two years.

If it  happens that you are bidding for a supossedly about 700 Clone figure's Auction
at: here, I bet that I'm 99% sure that its a fraud & the same stupid person.

I recognize the pictures,&  his ? location, but always "California", 0 seller feedback, two or three + buyer feedback like the last two times, he likes to buy Marvel figures to show at least that hes has  some + feedback, but not Seller  feedback at all....Got ya! he is the same Scum!...

1) 1st time 2007-8 I knew him as Andy by mail, I was interested in his SW 200 Clone figure  LOT's, supossedly he has 3 left.
2) Shortly after his 1st auction ended, he relisted his 2nd lot but w Gunships... but later I was notified by Ebay to not place a bid for that Faker's stuff.
3) Months Later he is back, with diferent auction or better say same figures, displayed diferent,same California location, diferent user name, he got me on in one of his trapp...In less than a week his account dissapeared from Ebay, I reclaimed my money to Ebay... thankfuly got the $$$ back.

Aha now 2009, he is back, stating that its not his stuff, claim that the auction goes for 700 Clones, the picture at least shows 213 Clones, image used last year &  a half ago, a bidder asked if its accure cuz the image is not, he stated yes its 700 clones  ::)

PS: I think I will report Ebay this scum, for them to be alerted & act quickly or do their best to protect the buyers.  I think this scum took more than a $1,000 the 1st time. I feel if I dont act, people would be **** by him...

photo of last y & 1/2  I have saved it in one of my ex-hard drive to reminds me, if that I see that again...not Bidding for it ... too bad i didn't saved his other fake auctions  ::)  I have saved him as my favorite seller, to see after the auction ends how fast he will close his account or be closed.

« Last Edit: March 4, 2009, 03:03 PM by Theta 288 »