Author Topic: Everything eBay! Scams, questions, etc...  (Read 192312 times)

Offline ponda barfly

• Youngling
  • he doesnt like you
    • View Profile
Re: Everything eBay! Scams, questions, etc...
« Reply #75 on: June 6, 2003, 03:35 PM »
whoops looks like ive kicked up a little storm here, its all obi robz fault honest ;D on certain other sites i think id be kicked off by now!
yes i was very honestly meaning the liver based treat, which i happen to love, the best ones are from the butchers but brains brand are good!

anyway i got a pay rise today! ebay here i come!!!!!

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 6, 2003, 06:21 PM »
I know it's alot less hassle, but the US is saturated with alot of the more common stuff.  Outside of the US, is the only real market for alot of this stuff.
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist

obi_robz

« Reply #77 on: June 6, 2003, 06:39 PM »
its all obi robz fault honest ;D

:o ;D

People have started leaving me feedback again! I’ve got 97 now :) Just 3 more points and I’ll get my new star…yay!

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 7, 2003, 01:50 AM »
When I sell stuff for a overseas market I usually only take Paypal for payment. It's alot easier that way.
I remember my dream now.

Offline ponda barfly

• Youngling
  • he doesnt like you
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 7, 2003, 03:11 PM »
Well, I finally got a responce from both buyers.  The guy from England is requesting a price quote AGAIN, and now I have to translate an email from French.  The last 2 English translated ones made little since.  I'm  sticking to Canada and Australia for all foreign orders, from now on.

i think its shame that we brits get a bad name trading, i have traded to the states several times, and have always found that what i send gets there a hell of alot quicker than what i get. usuallly five days, we have a very good post system here, i try to trade in the uk because its easier here, but if somebody has what i want then i will go anywhere for it, just my two cents

were not all bad

barfly

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2003, 08:29 PM »
I need some advice on ebay and suspenisons.  For some reason my Credit Card didn't pay some fees I have with ebay and ebay suspened me for not paying and sent me an email to an address that Idon't use anymore.  I went to paypal to pay them and had to set up a new paypal account since my old address is on it and I can't figure out my password  ::).  I was wondering if anyone know if once ebay gets its money if my account will be un-suspended automatically or if I have to do some other stuff to hopefully get my account back up.  
Now I just have to see if I can't contact paypal to get my other account back since I have some money in it I think. ::) :-[
Thanks for any help.

Offline Membraneman

• Jedi Initiate
  • Me, Me, Me !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2003, 09:23 PM »
Well, speaking from recent experience. Once they receive payment they reinstate you immediately.
About 4 months ago they (eBay) suspended my
account as well. I ran a few auctions and my credit
card had expired.  I kept putting it off all that time
until about a week ago. I sent the payment in by snailmail (I don't use PayPal, Etc.) and as soon as they received it I was back on eBay.

Yes, I'm a bad boy Matt, hehe
I FIND, YOU FIND, WE TRADE

Bob Newton
Membraneman
BHC Administrator
bob@galactichunter.com

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2003, 10:32 PM »
Yes, I'm a bad boy Matt, hehe

You mean in reference to your using bad credit cards (they weren't stolen too, were they Bob? :D), or selling on eBay, or just for having a rather bizarre propensity towards scary little dancing pink elephants?   :-*

Sorry fellas, but I'm an honest, law-abiding citizen who doesn't get himself into such similar scrapes with the long arms of the law, so I can't help ya' out Tom.  Sorry!   ;D
« Last Edit: June 16, 2003, 10:33 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Membraneman

• Jedi Initiate
  • Me, Me, Me !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2003, 10:37 PM »
The dancing Elephants of course??  ;D
I FIND, YOU FIND, WE TRADE

Bob Newton
Membraneman
BHC Administrator
bob@galactichunter.com

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 17, 2003, 12:46 AM »
Bob, I think this one has had too much caffeine.  Look at that sucker go :o
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2003, 01:26 AM »
Yeah Matt I'm a bad boy I ended up not paying them $2.10 hopefully the cops don't show up at my door. ;D  Hopefully in the morning I can start using ebay again.  And I finally figured out my Paypal password so I now have two accounts for paypal. ::)

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 17, 2003, 11:15 AM »
Do they still send you an email to let you know that your fees are due???
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 17, 2003, 11:27 AM »
eBay sends you an email letting you know what the amount will be owed to them.

You currently have a credit card on file for billing purposes. Your invoice amount of $$$$ will automatically be charged to your credit card within the next 5 to 7 days.

When ebay gets there payment, you should be back online with them. Its just waiting for them to do so.

Offline ponda barfly

• Youngling
  • he doesnt like you
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 18, 2003, 02:27 PM »
well after the initial excitment of joining ebay and winning a few things, it has now all turned sour as i have recieved some of the packages. the first one i got was in a box that i can imagine a monkey having more sence to send, thus hugely damaging the card and bubble, however that seller has offered a full refund. Then yesterday i get my hoth chewie, the very wise and not a complete idiot at all seller had but it in a padded envelop, so of course it was crushed to death, now both of these traders have excellent feedback and a proven record for star wars items, WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!!!, its a mistake a new seller could have made but not some one with 500+ positive feedback, now this puts me in a hard position as i have a rating of two and cant afford to place negative comments about somebody, because they will retaliate and people arent going to belive me over them. i know this sounds petty but i cant understand the stupidity of these folk. what do you think?

barfly
(i did however get chewie and leia trash compactor from R2Dtoys today and that was in fantastic shape ;D so its not all bad)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2003, 02:30 PM by ponda barfly »

obi_robz

« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2003, 03:33 PM »
A similar thing happened to me on only my second eBay win. A seller with a 90+ all positive rating sent my CommTech Jawa in a padded envelope (you can guess the rest). I didn’t want to ruin my feedback of 1 so I did nothing. I was well within my rights to leave a negative because the seller didn’t have a replacement and he refused to give me a refund. He said the damage was done in the post – well, duh!, who put it in a padded envelope? Like you barfly, I wondered why an experienced Star Wars seller didn’t have more common sense.

Anyway, the only solution I found was to sell it loose. I actually made a 50p profit. Since then, with sellers I haven’t dealt with before, I also put something like “please send in a protective cardboard box” on my note that I always send with the payment.

Rob :)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2003, 03:34 PM by obi_robz »