Author Topic: Everything eBay! Scams, questions, etc...  (Read 192256 times)

Offline ponda barfly

• Youngling
  • he doesnt like you
    • View Profile
Re: Everything eBay! Scams, questions, etc...
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2003, 03:44 PM »
i think thats what i will do, ask them how they will send. I really dont know how they think they can get away with it, maybe its when they see newbies low feedback rating, they think they can take advantage. in defense of the first guy, he has offered a refund and doesnt want the figure back, the other guy however has sent a slightly sarcastic email i think all in capitals(that is universal for shouting isnt it?) with out saying sorry once, well see what happens with him :-[

does this kind of thing happen often? or am i being over sensitive?

barfly

obi_robz

« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2003, 03:57 PM »
YEP, SHOUTING IS VERY RUDE ;D. Some people on eBay just aren’t very friendly.

I actually had two bad experiences in my first 10 deals, but since then there’s been no real problems. I’ve bought about 70 things on eBay so 2 out of that lot is pretty good, I think :).

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2003, 04:22 PM »
An alternative is to wait until 1 minute before the 90th day has expired (you can get this by finding the end date of your auction and then adding 90 days to it)...and leaving your negative feedback then.

That way, they will have no chance to reply or soil your rep.
Got Clones?

Offline ponda barfly

• Youngling
  • he doesnt like you
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2003, 04:24 PM »
can they not leave feedback after that time?

have you tryed this mr joshEEE? ;D

barfly

obi_robz

« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2003, 04:32 PM »
I've heard that idea too. In theory you can’t leave feedback after 90 days but I’ve also heard that eBay sometimes leave the auction page in their database a bit beyond this time too. So be VERY careful ;D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2003, 04:37 PM »
I think it's more innocent stupidty/ignorance than anything else.  I've had lots of stuff come in padded envelopes, but others packed immaculately.  Most of the poorly packed stuff was simply a case of not knowing what they were doing.  They didn't grasp the concept of MOMC in the first place and figured someone would open it anyway.  

One dissappointing purchase I had was for the Tatooine Showdown cinema scene.  No bids, but for mine ($4.99) and the guy shoved it in an envelope and overcharged on postage.  Basically he was bitter because he lost money on the deal.  well put a reserve on then bonehead.  ::)  No matter really, I was planning on opening anyway.  

As a newbie (said the experienced old guy with a whopping 17 feedbacks) you're pretty much hooped.  Leave neutral or positive feedback that gets the idea across.  

great communication, fast shipping, packing could be better

won't do much as I don't read positives anyway.  Still, leaving feedback allows you the opportunity to respond as well.  Wait for them to leave feedback.  so long as instructions and payment were prompt, what can they say that doesn't look foolish?

Feedback is only a gauge, not a guarantee.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline paploo

• Jedi Initiate
  • MORE EWOKS NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 18, 2003, 04:39 PM »
just leave negative feedback, who cares if they retaliate. you can always comment on there negative stating this is a retaliatory feedback. this will help us know not to use them...or even threaten the negative feedback
The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows-Aristotle Onasis

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #97 on: June 18, 2003, 05:07 PM »
can they not leave feedback after that time?

have you tryed this mr joshEEE?

barfly

No, I haven't tried it yet....as I only heard of this strategy 2 months ago, but I'm PLANNING to do it the first time someone burns me. That's for sure.  :)
Got Clones?

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 18, 2003, 05:16 PM »
I am one of those that dislikes Ebay.  It's good if you just want to have the item and don't care how it gets to you.  Otherwise I'd much rather use the classifieds.  

Offline RJP

• Youngling
  • Hi! I'm Tammy from CA
    • View Profile
    • RJP'S PAGE
« Reply #99 on: June 18, 2003, 06:19 PM »
You get all kinds on ebay. Although I've never had a bad pack job I have had one where the item was a bit shabbier than I thought. Mostly people just overcharge you for the shipping and handling. Though not all people are bad - I had one lovely lady acctually send me a refund of some money because shipping was less than she thought!!

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 19, 2003, 04:58 PM »
I'm finally back on Ebay and just in time to watch/eventually bid on some stuff.  Now I just have to make sure and change my email address. ;)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #101 on: June 19, 2003, 05:09 PM »
I'm finally back on Ebay and just in time to watch/eventually bid on some stuff.

Just don't spend it all in one place Tom!   ;)

Jango Fettish

« Reply #102 on: June 23, 2003, 07:17 PM »
SCOOOOOOOOOOORE!!!!Man, I am super excited about this particular piece!

Jango Fett CANADIAN Frito Lay Stand up, and it only cost me $5 Dollars!

The difference between the US and Canadian versions of these is that the Canadian has the Doritos and lays logos, whereas the US version has the Frito Lay logo and Jango's name along the bottom.

This makes 5 stand ups for my collection.  8)

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 23, 2003, 07:58 PM »
While I didn't win the acution I almost got one of the two Bonus Pit Droid figures that I neeeded to finish my collection and it was AFA graded.  I lost the acution in the final seconds thanks to a better sniper then I was.  Here's a link:Why  :'(.  I have that figuree but it got messed up in shipping so I needed another one.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #104 on: June 23, 2003, 08:13 PM »
While I didn't win the acution I almost got one of the two Bonus Pit Droid figures that I neeeded to finish my collection and it was AFA graded.  I lost the acution in the final seconds thanks to a better sniper then I was.  Here's a link:Why  :'(.  I have that figuree but it got messed up in shipping so I needed another one.

That sucks DK.  I know how frustrating it can be when those snipers bid at the very last second.
dustrho