Author Topic: Everything eBay! Scams, questions, etc...  (Read 193483 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Everything eBay! Scams, questions, etc...
« Reply #390 on: May 19, 2008, 11:59 PM »
eBay has now made feedback adjustments, no more negative/neutral feedbacks... blah... blah... blah. 

eBay's Feedback system continues to evolve as the community and marketplace dynamics change.

Everyone one ebay should now have a 100% feedback, completely no logic with this system.

****! If it ain't broken then don't fix it ya bunch of ******* ****tards!
For some reason I can't stop laughing at this.    ;D

John

Bunch of ******* ****tards!  >:(  :P

Also your feedback rating should have jumped up a tad, mine went up a whole 22. Big ******* whoop!

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #391 on: May 20, 2008, 12:18 AM »
Everyone one ebay should now have a 100% feedback, completely no logic with this system.

No... Buyers can still leave negative feedback for sellers.  I guess they wanted to remove the threat of retaliatory feedback from sellers who deserve negatives.  If all you ever do is buy, then yes... you're 100% positive from now on.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 20, 2008, 12:30 AM »
What's the sense of feedback, usless now is it not?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #393 on: May 20, 2008, 12:43 AM »
That is pretty lame since there are bad buyers out there that deserve their negative feedback.  My feedback was 100% positive before this so there would be no change, but I always worried about retaliatory negative feedback from bad sellers.

Stupid change by eBay nonetheless.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 20, 2008, 12:51 AM »
My positive feedback jumped by 20 or so points since we now get credit for multiples plus I'm at 100% for the last 12 months.

Other than that, though, I still think this is a terrible change and will do nothing but create more extortion opportunities for buyers. 

Not only that but the new fee structure has just caused shipping charges on auctions to skyrocket.  I passed on some loose figures I wanted because the seller was asking for $6 shipping + $1 for each additional figure.  Of course, the Postal rates aren't getting cheaper, but still...

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline AndyG

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
« Reply #395 on: May 20, 2008, 12:52 AM »
From the 3rd June sellers will have to offer paypal on ebay UK.

It is quite ridiculous that as a seller you can not leave negative feedback, especially if you get messed around by a buyer. If ebay is going to fiddle with the system this much then a seller should, at the very least, be able to leave a negative once you have gone through the tedious process of filing a successful non paying bidder claim. The buyer didn't pay, ebay agrees, yet you can't leave a negative - what the **** is that all about?

However, I do like the repeat buyer change to the feedback as I am a repeat buyer - if I get good service, well described goods and don't get roasted over postage costs then I go back. This sytem is open to abuse but overall it is about the only change I like to the current whacky feedback system. My feedback jumped about 260 last week.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 20, 2008, 01:12 AM »
Not only that but the new fee structure has just caused shipping charges on auctions to skyrocket.  I passed on some loose figures I wanted because the seller was asking for $6 shipping + $1 for each additional figure.  Of course, the Postal rates aren't getting cheaper, but still...

E...

Oh I hear ya on the shipping costs. Here's an example of a couple of auctions to me in Canada.

Vintage Chewbacca 92back w/coin

To Canada -- US $39.00 USPS Priority Mail International Flat Rate BoxTM

Star Wars Part Support for Death Star Playset!

US $23.95 USPS Express Mail InternationalTM

For those prices, they better be delivered by a hooker on a silver plater in 2hrs!  ::)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 20, 2008, 01:27 AM »
That second guy is using Express mail which is an overly expensive way to go, especially on that part which he could ship anywhere in the world for probably under $10.

Shipping this way from Asia is another ass pain.  It's not uncommon to find shipping of $20+ on items that shouldn't cost more than $10 max to ship.  It's ridiculous.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 20, 2008, 09:37 AM »
Hell at those prices to ship to Canada, you should just have it shipped to me and I'll forward it to you. I think it would end up cheaper.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #399 on: May 26, 2008, 09:57 AM »
I'm glad I'm not the only one noticing a substantial increase in shipping charges. Much harder to find a bargain once you figure in the shipping cost.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 20, 2008, 02:05 PM »
More changes on eBay coming up, mostly for us Canuckleheads...

Frequently asked questions: Other updates

Cheques and money orders no longer allowed on eBay.com

Accepted Payments Policy changes apply to listings on eBay.com and to listings on eBay.ca that are available to the US. Please read the following FAQs to understand exactly how this new eBay.com policy will impact you.

What's changing with payments on eBay?
Beginning in late October 2008, cheques and money orders will no longer be allowed as payment methods on eBay.com. All listings appearing on eBay.com must accept one of the following payment methods:
PayPal (funded by PayPal account balance, credit card, bank account, or eBay gift certificate)
Credit card payment to a seller (through a seller's Internet merchant account)
ProPay (a third party service not currently available for Canadian sellers)
Payment upon pickup
We are also working with other electronic payment providers currently included in our Accepted Payments Policy to integrate their services into eBay Checkout in 2009.

Oh so much BS to read in the link above, lets **** it up some more!  ::)

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #401 on: August 20, 2008, 02:19 PM »
Didn't they just try this in Australia and fail?  Get up in arms about it an eBay will back down.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 20, 2008, 02:41 PM »
It's coming to the US in October as well.  The only acceptable payment is PayPal or this other credit card processing company that'll cost you about $60 a year to use, plus fees on the actual transactions of course.

I can't help but think that eBay is creating a monopoly here even though there are other companies that offer online auctions.  They own the biggest one and they own the only payment company that they allow on the site.  Somehow that seems to violate the anticompetition laws in the US.

NY likes to sue people, maybe I should email Andrew Cuomo and see if we can get him to let loose the dogs.

E...

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 20, 2008, 02:50 PM »
What if you done have a paypal account? Does that mean you can't sell or buy there anymore?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 20, 2008, 02:58 PM »
Almost.  You can pay a CC processing company to receive your payments.  If you don't have a Credit Card you won't, however, be able to buy unless you use PayPal and have payments pulled directly from your bank account.

I just got done reading the news post on eBay about this.  They're even going to start imposing limits on shipping costs in the Media section.  So you won't be able to recoup listing and final values fees as part of the shipping/handling price.  I'm sure it'll be only a short period of time till that bleeds over to all aspects of the site.  They'll probably, at some point, ask you to put in shipping info about the item you're listing and based on size/weight impose a shipping limit based on Postal Rates or something.

The only thing eBay has done is help boost their profits with these changes.  Not a single one of them, IMO, has benefited sellers in any way.  The buyers are completely insulated at this point, being able to extort sellers out of money and/or items and if the seller doesn't 100% covered by every conceivable delivery insurance method, they're screwed.

E...