Author Topic: Everything eBay! Scams, questions, etc...  (Read 193375 times)

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Re: Everything eBay! Scams, questions, etc...
« Reply #420 on: March 4, 2009, 02:00 PM »
If this guy even paid $6 a figure for 700 figures he is looking at $4200 in figures, not counting tax. He is out of his mind to not have a reserve on it. That should be clue enough to Ebay that this a fraudulant account.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 4, 2009, 02:06 PM »

Aha now 2009, he is back, stating that its not his stuff, claim that the auction goes for 700 Clones, the picture at least shows 213 Clones, image used last year &  a half ago, a bidder asked if its accure cuz the image is not, he stated yes its 700 clones  ::)

Yeah, I get something like 200 clones in that pic, I see 11 or 12 rows of 18 figures.  Not exactly the 700+ number he claims....
I am not the Stig

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 4, 2009, 02:32 PM »
If this guy even paid $6 a figure for 700 figures he is looking at $4200 in figures, not counting tax. He is out of his mind to not have a reserve on it. That should be clue enough to Ebay that this a fraudulant account.

Thats a very Good point, other is that he state in his description, that if you need more time to pay, to contact him withing  24 hrs... i think that its clear that he will give you time to pay( hoping to get a check), leave his account open (he can leave it open with Ebay but close the bank account without notify Ebay/Paypal) & later make his escape... or Possibly a fake account as u said, no idea how he will receive money from people's credits.

Aha now 2009, he is back, stating that its not his stuff, claim that the auction goes for 700 Clones, the picture at least shows 213 Clones, image used last year &  a half ago, a bidder asked if its accure cuz the image is not, he stated yes its 700 clones  ::)

Yeah, I get something like 200 clones in that pic, I see 11 or 12 rows of 18 figures.  Not exactly the 700+ number he claims....

good counting, this is just so strange  ::)
« Last Edit: March 4, 2009, 03:08 PM by Theta 288 »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 4, 2009, 03:57 PM »
Sold the Megatron. I stuck a orange crayon in the barrel. Of course, I removed it when I shipped it off.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 5, 2009, 08:54 AM »
I want to complain/bitch/gripe for a second.

Last September I decided to sell one of my high end softball bats.  The bat sells for a decent price and then I sent an invoice to the buyer.  He tells me he got one cheaper and is not going to pay for mine.  WTF!!!????  Of course I file a nonpaying bidder dispute and get my listing fees back.

Then last month I sell off all my paintball equipment for a really good amount.  The buyer (reefman if that says anything) sends me an eBay message telling me he and his friends are looking forward to using my stuff and getting it in the next week or two.  Great, communication!!!  But, the message was really haphazard, so I'm guessing this clown was higher than a kite.  Needless to say, no payment or anything.  So I file a dispute, hear nothing back and should have my listing fees refunded in the next day or two.

I hate that I can't leave negative feedback, yet they can go on and keep doing this.  It sucks that for the moment, eBay is the only place to really sell stuff and the smaller auction sites haven't caught on yet.

Okay, rant over for now.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline AndyG

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
« Reply #425 on: March 5, 2009, 09:33 AM »
I hate that I can't leave negative feedback, yet they can go on and keep doing this. 

Not being able to leave negative feedback, especially for non-payment, is one of the few concessions that ebay should have granted sellers in this very buyer biased world they have currently created. It is something I constantly cite to them in correspondence as to how far to the buyers side they have moved.

That said, you should still file the Non Paying Bidder for your final value fees back and then the buyer receives a unpaid item strike against their account. It used to be 3 strikes and the account is closed. Although I'm no longer sure if the 3 strike rule is any longer though or if there are any timescales between strikes?

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 5, 2009, 11:19 AM »
Well I just reporteded the item scam at ----> Ebay,Only to find out that Ebay will take 72 hrs to investigate according to their automatic respond  :P, I did report too late I guess ( I did two options, one yesterday, one today with 14 hrs left). I looked for a quicker option, and I dont dare using the phone cuz they would be having a hard time to understand me what I realy wanted to say at less that I'm very relax  :)...my broken english  sucks

He revised the listing at almost at the end of the auction as usual with new photos ( the last two that I have in the previous page), but this time let me know that its him in fact by correcting that its not 700 clones but 600 as previously has... ::)

Gosh... it goes now for $600... may the force be with the buyer & feel the dark side of the Force with that fake Sithller
« Last Edit: March 5, 2009, 11:23 AM by Theta 288 »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 5, 2009, 12:04 PM »
Is there a way to see the nonpayment strikes against a buyer?

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 5, 2009, 12:46 PM »
Is there a way to see the nonpayment strikes against a buyer?

I dug around for a while last night and couldn't fine one.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 5, 2009, 08:20 PM »
I've got this brain donor from Maldives that bid on my auction. I canceled his bid because shipping was only for the united states. He bid again right before the closing. Now I have to deal with him. I adjusted the shipping and waited for the money. He never sent it. He said his credit card isn't working and would work again next month. I gave him some time but he still hasn't paid me. I've got a non paying case against him that I can close on Saturday. The guy has no feedback. Why do these people bid on things with the intent of never paying?

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 6, 2009, 01:28 PM »

Sold for way less than that, US $1,577.53 for 600 figures this time he declared plus few hundreds for his transformers & other SW lot, but still alot of money stolen if this guy really get away with it.

I hope that this time he is not faking the sell if he does have these lots for real, but a 3rd time with this crap,  I doubt it  :-\

« Last Edit: March 6, 2009, 01:30 PM by Theta 288 »

Offline AndyG

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
« Reply #431 on: March 6, 2009, 07:23 PM »
I've got this brain donor from Maldives that bid on my auction. I canceled his bid because shipping was only for the united states.

If shipping was only to the US, did you not set up the seller preference / buyer requirement option so that only bidders in the countries specified can bid? Maybe it is more complex for the Maldives as maybe they have to register via ebay.com?

As an update to the unpaid strike thing, I also noticed that I can exclude buyers who have had 2 unpaid strikes within the last month from bidding on my auctions. I'd set this limit up a while back so had forgotten about it. When I just checked my buyer requirement activity log some bidder had been prevented from bidding on my auction last week due to having too many unpaid strikes. The log also told me that a couple of buyers, from outside countries that I specified I would post to, were also prevented from placing bids.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 7, 2009, 11:39 AM »
Is the seller preference / buyer requirement part of the setup of the auction or is it a general perference? I'll check my settings.

Offline AndyG

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
« Reply #433 on: March 7, 2009, 11:52 AM »
Is the seller preference / buyer requirement part of the setup of the auction or is it a general perference? I'll check my settings.

General preference under:

My Account >>> Site Preferences >>> then scroll down to buyer requirements and you can edit the settings there.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 7, 2009, 03:51 PM »
Thanks! I think that will help.