Author Topic: Everything eBay! Scams, questions, etc...  (Read 193092 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Everything eBay! Scams, questions, etc...
« Reply #570 on: August 30, 2013, 04:37 PM »
Glad it went your way, Rob, though it should have in the first place.  It's sad that you had to call them and appeal the case.  ::)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: August 30, 2013, 04:40 PM »
I'm glad you were able to "win" Rob. Dealing with eBay's customer service is a HUGE pain, either by phone or thru the "resolution center". Hopefully they ban the idiot who bought the shoe and complained.

Also, did the phone rep ask you to return the shoe to the buyer? Or do you get to keep it as a trophy?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 04:41 PM by Greg »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #572 on: August 30, 2013, 04:45 PM »
Gold plate it.  Put a little placard on it that says its rightful place is up that woman's ass.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: August 30, 2013, 04:55 PM »
Thanks everyone.  They didn't ask me to send it back and we didn't discuss what happens on the other end of the sale.

I got the impression that eBay is going to eat the money that they just reimbursed me, but I don't know if ultimately they'll charge her for it or not.  From talking to the woman at customer service, everything I (we) have been saying the whole time applied.  There was a do-not-return, at no point did I invite her to return it (in fact the record showed that I repeatedly told her not to send it back), and she found nothing misleading or unclear about the listing.

So, it leads me to think that a lot of eBay's reputation as being buyer-centric probably comes from less qualified people deciding on these cases and then sellers not following up - but that's just speculation based on my experience of course.

Once it became clear to the rep I spoke with that the item was as described and the no-returns policy was in place, it was a clear cut case of buyer's remorse and the buyer had inappropriately accused me of selling something that wasn't as described to abuse the buyer protection policy. 

I'm assuming I won't have any contact with the buyer from here on out, and I'll never find out if she's going to pay that money or not, but all's well on my end.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: August 30, 2013, 05:39 PM »
We need to know what her negative feedback said. eBay will now have fear on itself.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: August 30, 2013, 05:45 PM »
I should have copied it, but it seems to be gone now.

Predictably I remember it was in all caps and (I'm paraphrasing in similarly broken English) said something to the effect of BUYER IS INCONSIDERATE PERSON TRIED TO KEEP MY MONEY - U GOT WHAT U WANT'D

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: August 30, 2013, 06:24 PM »
I should have copied it, but it seems to be gone now.

Predictably I remember it was in all caps and (I'm paraphrasing in similarly broken English) said something to the effect of BUYER IS INCONSIDERATE PERSON TRIED TO KEEP MY MONEY - U GOT WHAT U WANT'D

Of course if they wanted to leave the feedback about you instead of themselves they would've started with "seller".

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: August 30, 2013, 08:07 PM »
Yeah, seller...

Freudian slip I suppose.   :)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #578 on: August 30, 2013, 11:07 PM »
I can't believe it initially went in the buyers favor though. Pretty messed up.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: August 30, 2013, 11:36 PM »
If they ban the woman, she'll be back.

Months ago, I had a guy bid on DVD's, never pay and I had to wait for the case to resolve.

I relisted the DVD's, same guy under a new name did the same thing again. He did it to a lot of people. Just messed up in the head.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #580 on: August 30, 2013, 11:56 PM »
Fear...  Fear will keep the local sellers of one shoe in line...  Fear of ones self.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: August 31, 2013, 08:28 AM »
Good for you Rob, but what a pain. The default cookie cutter "outcome" seems to be the buyer is always right, unless the seller will spend enough time on it to prove it, no matter how ludicrous and clear the events were.

Even then, I think you were fortunate to end up with someone in CS that listened.

Well done on your part, because even a tiny jab back at the buyer at any point, or a hot head on the phone, and it could have gone the other way.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: August 31, 2013, 11:10 AM »
I just went to "like" Jesse's post and realized I wasn't on fb.

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 7, 2013, 12:11 AM »
I got scammed on an autograph.  Should have had my BS detectors up a bit more, but it seemed pretty legit.  It was on an authentic All Star Baseball, so the forger put some money into the item.  Now to see what happens with the communication.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 7, 2013, 08:30 AM »
I got scammed on an autograph.  Should have had my BS detectors up a bit more, but it seemed pretty legit.  It was on an authentic All Star Baseball, so the forger put some money into the item.  Now to see what happens with the communication.

That stinks.  Did it arrive and you realized it was fake?  How could you tell?  I've always been skeptical of autograph stuff.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today