Author Topic: DC Comics' "Super Powers"  (Read 16823 times)

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: DC Comics' "Super Powers"
« Reply #15 on: May 5, 2010, 02:44 PM »
Dick Grayson Robin is a must in my mind.  Given that Kalibak was a BAF, it's unlikely he would be redone with the Super Powers costume.  As for Orion - uggh, I hope they NEVER make one like the Super Powers version.  That was one of the worst character designs I've seen.  I could be wrong, but I believe that design was created solely for the super powers toy-line and mini series.  I was a pretty avid comic collector back then, and I don't recall ever seeing it outside of that.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2017, 05:00 PM »
Bumping up an oldie here, but ran across my old Super Powers figures while going through the collection totes lately. Another line I would like to work more towards completing, or at least getting more, that has gotten sidetracked with all the new stuff coming out. I'd at least like to replace my Batman and Robin, which didn't make it out of the childhood unscathed. I can still clearly remember getting those two for my birthday, always wanted the Batmobile too.

Just another fun 80s line, Kenner sure hit things out of the park back then. Looking back on some of these lines lately, it's amazing how much smaller the collections were each year. I know it is a different world for toys these days, but it was sort of nice being able to somewhat keep up with/afford to collect lines. It is nice to get more figures and everything these days, especially with the rate movies come out, but there is something about that simpler time.....12 backs, the original 13 Joes, the limited Super Powers and Secret Wars lines....good stuff.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #17 on: October 6, 2017, 05:00 PM »
I sold off all my DCUC figures and kept only the Super Powers figures. Loved the original line as a kid.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 9, 2017, 04:55 PM »
I sold off all my DCUC figures and kept only the Super Powers figures. Loved the original line as a kid.

That is sort of what I've been doing as well. I'm realizing that so much if my love for collecting has come from these vintage toys, so I've sort of been going back and selling off portions of modern lines to pay for vintage toys and other things. For DC, I set up a shelf with the modern versions of the Super Powers, then a shelf with my Flash and Batman collections. Most of the rest is slowly being sold off.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2021, 09:28 AM »
Dusting off this zombie thread.

I'm prepping all of my vintage Super Powers figures for sale, including a few vehicles.  If anyone is interested feel free to drop me a line.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 3, 2022, 05:24 PM »
Has anyone found the new McFarlane “relaunch” of these? The reviews I’ve seen have been pretty positive, and they seem to be priced decently for today’s toy aisle. Super Powers was one of my favorite toy lines growing up, and is still really fun as an overall look, so I’m really looking forward to these. Of this first wave, the Batwing in particular seems like a lot of fun. Hopefully these do well so we see more, although they are WalMart exclusives….ugh.