Author Topic: Bonus Battle Droid Packs  (Read 9039 times)

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
Bonus Battle Droid Packs
« on: January 14, 2004, 05:26 AM »
Does anyone here collect the bonus Battle Droid 2 packs? I have 16 of them so far. For any collectors out there, what was the hardest one to get if any? Which one did you have to pay the most for? Was it hard to put an entire collection together? How long did it take? :)

Offline Guttersnipe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Tramampoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Bonus Battle Droid Packs
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2004, 11:15 AM »
I don't personally collect them, but in some stores over here in the UK they are pegwarmers.
Only the easy to find ones and usually on beat up cards. Try looking at thetoyshop.com. They are based in the UK and have quite a selection of them and they do offer international shipping.
Only problem is that they don't grade the cards.
I just have the one loose as I classed him as a kind of variant.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 3, 2004, 12:57 PM »
I have about 17 of the Bonus Battle Droids and 12 out of the 15 Bonus Pit Droids.  I haven't had to much touble as far as getting the BBDs since I bought them from the ToyShop, Toy Palace and Ebay.  The ones right now that are hard for me are some of the collection 2 pieces but mostly because I don't have the money to spend on them right now.  The hardest Bonus Pit Droid was Sidous but through the Toy Palace I got all of the different kinds but one was on a damaged card along with a damaged BBD Yoda, so I have to eventually replace those figures.  Hopefully at C3 some dealers/collectors will have some for sell at a resonable price.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Begun, my Bonus Pit Droid collection has...
« Reply #3 on: June 9, 2004, 10:10 PM »
I just got another figure for my Bonus Battle Droid off of Ebay and its my first AFA figure as will.  It cost me a little more but I haven't seen alot of the Destoryer Droids BBD figures online so I decided just to use Buy it Now and got it for 34.99 plus Shipping.  Total came to $41 for a AFA U80.

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2004, 08:59 AM »
Nice one!  I think the Destroyer Droid is pretty hard to find. A lot of auctions and books say Panaka is the hardest to get, but there are stacks of the around here in Japan. Watto and Darth Sidious seem to be the hardest to find.

I've got 2 to go now.  Just need Watto and Qui-Gon with the cape.

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
Re: Bonus Battle Droids
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2004, 10:29 AM »
I have the Nute Gunray hanging with the rest of my EPI/foriegn EP I figs.  Probably not going to try to get an entire set, but if I see wm cheap, I may dabble ;^)
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
« Reply #6 on: August 5, 2004, 06:52 AM »
Well I have finnally complete my first Star Wars collection which are the Battle Droid 2 Packs that I started this thread about. I stared to assemble it about a year and a half ago. As I was looking for bargins, it propably took a little longer than I could have.  If any one is interested, I think the hardest to get are Watto and Darth Sidious. I only saw them a couple of times when I was search through various sources.  I know there is a variation of Darth Maul, but I'm not much of a variation hunter, so I consider this a complete collection of 28.

Here's a picture. Sorry it's not very good, but here it goes anyway.

Offline Carl

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
« Reply #7 on: August 5, 2004, 09:25 AM »
Wow!  :o nice  :)
WANTED: Droids, Ewok Prototype & Unproduced coins

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2004, 12:45 AM »
Excellent set of BBDs there Simon!  Well done, and congrats on finally completing it!  It's always more fun and gratifying when you're patient in putting together a focused collection like that, and get nice pieces at good prices.  So kudos to you mate!

You gonna go after a set of the Bonus PIT Droids now?!   8)

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2004, 10:53 PM »
Not sure about those Matt. They look a bit expensive for me at this stage. Maybe in the future.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2005, 08:01 PM »
I maybe getting closer to finishing off my BBD collection.  I have something in the works which if everything goes okay I will only have 2  more figures Yoda and a clean BD.  Just need two more Pit Droids too.  CHecking C3 for those figures. 

Offline JedioftheNorth

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2005, 06:50 PM »
I want to pick these figs up where can I get them for a resonable price.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2005, 01:03 PM »
Damn Simon!  ;D I never even relaized they made so many of the bonus packs. I have a few with the battle droids and the pit droids (which i think are much cooler)
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"