Author Topic: Will there be 12" figures for Episode 3?  (Read 25265 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Will there be 12" figures for Episode 3?
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2005, 11:05 AM »
Good news!  I really want those 2 female Jedi.  Even though they were not prominently shown in ROTS :(  I just hope we are getting more 12 inch figures than this from this and other SW flicks.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2005, 08:23 PM »
I saw Barriss just a couple days ago, but I'm totally brainfarting now on whether it was at TRU, or Target.  But she's definitely hitting now, as is Shaak Ti I would assume.

But after those two, I'm afraid that it looks like the 12" line is going to be toast (not that I collect it).  Sorry folks...  :-\

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2005, 09:51 PM »
I think you're right JM.  I am now trying to pick up cheap TPM Amidala dolls to repaint so I can have someone I can put all these gowns I've been making on.  It ticks me off that the last Padme was such a half ass attempt.  I don't have the skill to repaint a doll to look exactly like her but at least with EP 1 dolls, I can get them close and the hair is easier to work with. 

I'm wondering if another company will pick up this scale of the line and do a more "collector" series with it. 

Oh well, I need to get a few more Barriss's as I already have plans for two dolls with her!!
Beth

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2005, 09:56 PM »
Pretty neat, Beth.  You don't see a lot of people making the effort to customize the 12" line.  Will we be seeing pics of your efforts?

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2005, 10:09 PM »
Pretty neat, Beth.  You don't see a lot of people making the effort to customize the 12" line.  Will we be seeing pics of your efforts?

I have my old ones from Ep1 and 2 up on my webpage... I think....I'll have to check.  I've done a few Arwen's too (thanks to Scott again for helping me with tracking her down) but Padme is, by far, my favorite.  I know I've seen some amazing paint jobs on some of these larger "action figures" and I could only wish to be able to some of that...it's easier for me just to sew and hope I luck out with getting the hair right.

But yes, once I get some more dolls, I'll post away over in the customizing section.  I'm always amazed at what people do with the 3 3/4" line.  I can't paint worth crap, that's why I stick to the bigger line....at least it's not as hard ;).
Beth

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 7, 2005, 11:42 AM »
Yes, you are probably correct Matt.  I can understand why.  The people running the 12 inch line are complete idiots.  Have been for a long time.  I am ticked we won't ever get a 12 inch Hammerhead among others. 

I still can't figure out why Hasbro does not put a Yoda out there during the intial runs of AOTC and now ROTS.  Pure idiocy.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2005, 01:22 AM »
I'm not sure if this is accurate, but wasn't there supposed to be a Count Dooku 12" figure?  Was this ever released, or did I just dream this up?

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2005, 01:27 PM »
I never heard of Dooku coming from ROTS.  I did think Aayla Secura was though.  I must have dreamed that one up on my own. 

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2005, 10:55 AM »
I'm not sure if this is accurate, but wasn't there supposed to be a Count Dooku 12" figure?  Was this ever released, or did I just dream this up?

I don't see why they would make one for ROTS since he looks exactly the same as he did in AOTC.  (The Saga 12" Dooku is a great 12" figure btw.)
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
  • I find your lack of pants...disturbing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2005, 07:04 PM »
i just wish 1) they'd release more of them, period, and 2) release more of them in canada...the only 12 inch figure i've seen at retail aside from the ROTS figures was a Saga Obi Wan (electronic sounds) from Ep II. I didn't even know that Shaak Ti and Barriss offee were even available up here:(

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: General Grevious Alert
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2005, 12:43 PM »
If you plan on opening up [General Grievous] for display - KEEP THE RUBBERBANDS!!
His hands will NOT hold these sabers without them!! 

Damn, I wish I would have remembered your warning about this Beth.  I absolutely love how he looks, it's an incredible sculpt from head to toe, but he will not hold the lightsabers.  If I keep his arms together, he can almost hold 2 sabers, but there's no way he'll hold all 4 when his arms are split because the plastic is way, way too soft.  I'll have to see if I can track down some tiny rubber bands to help hold the sabers.

The other annoyance is the articulation in his elbows - twist them beyond their small range of motion and the forearms just pop off.

Like I said, I love how he looks, including his amazing cape, but Hasbro  dropped the ball on a couple issues.