Author Topic: adult swim  (Read 7238 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: adult swim
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2004, 04:29 PM »
I mean, who really likes Ed, Edd, and Eddy anyways?

*raises hand*

Yes. Thats right. Me.

Says alot about my maturity, doesn't it.

I do enjoy watching Justice Leauge and Teen Titans on that network.

And several other shows that I'd rather not mention*.

Kevin

*Power Puff Girls.
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2004, 02:42 AM »
so i've been seeing these new shows on adult swim, like venture brothers, squidbillies, tom goes to the mayor, and that japanime show with the character named milk (I kid you not, the main character's name is MILK!) and I'm extremely underwhelmed by these new shows. adult swim's magic  seems to be dwindling down, these new shows are relying on dull, hackneyed comedy that only gets me irritated. and ive been noticing that ATHF and Sealab seem to be going thru a bit of staleness as well. am I the only one noticing this or am I just nuts? is adult swim losing it's awesomeness?
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

SilverZ

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2004, 02:59 AM »
No, I hear ya. I don't have a lot of love for the new additions, especially Milk Chan, either. I think that the 30minute run time hurts them. Milk could be quirky and fun in smaller doses, but is just painful as it is.

The latest run of ATHF that just finished its run was pretty good, though, I thought. The 2 new Sealab episodes seem a bit spotty (as I write while watching it), but that's what I've always thought about the show.

In all honesty, I want more Harvey Birdman. It's like a thinking-man's fart joke-a-thon.  :)

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2004, 10:26 AM »
I'm in agreement over some of these new shows as well. I've yet to get into the Venture Bros., and Super Milk aggrevates me if only because I hate anything that even so much as looks anime.

I'm holding out hope on Tom Goes to the Mayor. There are too many talented people associated with it to not be funny! No clue what to think about Squidbillys, I thought the Spaceghost talkshow one of them was on with Meatwad a few weeks ago was funny as hell, but Adult Swim seems a little hesitant to put it on regularly.

I didn't care for last weeks Sealab, but really dug this weeks with the debut of Sharko. Sealab and Aqua Teens continues to be the reason I tune in to Adult Swim. That said, I'm totally with Jared in wanting more Birdman!

Offline Xander

• Jedi Initiate
  • She-mantis, Ampata, Anya…a true demon magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2004, 12:18 PM »
Just to tie this in with my town and collecting, the Admin for our local kick ass collector's site, ASWCC, also happens to be an animator on Harvey Birdman.  He got us some sneak peaks of Clone Wars cartoon stuff early on. Shhhhhh.

I worked on some crap movie with one of the ATHF creators, but that don't mean a whole lot.  Just another thing to add!

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2004, 12:39 PM »
I used to. I'm too busy now to actually watch it, but even when I did it was for Family Guy.

Which brings me to a gripe, is anyone else really POed at the recent influx of Family Guy stuff into the mainstream? A few shirts and stuff are fine, but when you see people, who clearly don't get it or have no idea what Family Guy is, wearing a Stewie T-Shirt don't you die a little on the inside?
It's just like what happend to Invader Zim, every idiot and their brother started to like it because it suddenly became cool! I MISS THE UNDERGROUND DAYS!  >:(

Anyway...
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2004, 07:42 PM »
It's just like what happend to Invader Zim, every idiot and their brother started to like it because it suddenly became cool! I MISS THE UNDERGROUND DAYS!  >:(

Ahhh, Invader Zim. Did you pick up the DVD's containing those few last unaired episodes on them? It was nice to replace my downloaded .avi files of those last episodes. Jhonen Vasquez is a genius, and that show was phenomenal, but it just didn't belong on Nick. I'm still not sure how it got picked up by Nick at all... let's see, a new animated cartoon from the creator of "Johnny the Homicidal Maniac? Yeah, I'm sure the kids will love it, and it will fit right in with the rest of our programming"... wtf were they thinking. That show should have been on Cartoon Network, it would have fit in nicely with the Adult Swim stuff.

Speaking of which, I'm really digging The Venture Brothers and the Super Milk Chan Show, but I've already got thos SMCS episodes on DVD so I usually don't bother to watch it. But The Venture Brothers is fast becoming my favorite AS show. The last few eps of ATHF I wasn't really impressed with. The newest eps of SeaLab are just downright boring and unfunny. I'm not impressed with this new show Tom Goes to the Mayor - I haven't really found it funny yet, but like Jamie said threre are just too many funny talented people working on it for it not to get better.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2004, 08:27 PM »
I laughed my ass off last night at Sealab. "My dad put his human penis in my mom's shark vagina."

I remeber him from the talk show. Man I seriously almost cried.

I don't understand Tom Goes To the Mayor, but some of the stuff on the venture bros is hillarious!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline hansolo_506

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2004, 06:56 PM »
I think "Tom Goes to the Mayor" has some promise.

But I also think too many viewings of "Super Milk Chan" will induce bleeding from the ears.
Don't curse in your signature.

-c.berry

SilverZ

« Reply #24 on: March 5, 2005, 03:46 PM »
OK, went to an adult swim panel last night, which was part of a Museum of Television & Radio festival being held this month in LA. Seth Green, Tim Heidecker, Matt Maiellaro, Matt Senreich, Eric Wareheim, Dave Willis, and their EP Keith Crofford (who moderated) presented new Robot Chicken and Tom Goes to the Mayor episodes, and a old ATHF episode, held a two hour discussion about the shows, and opened up the questions to the audience.

It was great fun and offered up a lot of insight into why some of their shows are so successful. They look to be really allowed to make what they want.

Someone in the audience asked about Venture Bros. The response was... it isn't confirmed for renewal, at least not yet. They're letting it run another cycle to see how it performs. "Write letters," Keith commented.

The big news:

Aqua Teen Hunger Force: The Movie is due in December for theatrical release. Expect an origin story combined with the typical randomness factor, and about 1 minute worth of MC Chris character material.

« Last Edit: March 5, 2005, 03:49 PM by Tydirium »

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2010, 11:29 PM »
At long last... our wait is nearly over...

GO TEAM VENTURE!!!

All sorts of joy there!  The speedballing clip had me busting out laughing.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2010, 07:31 AM »
YES! I have been very impatiently waiting for second half of season 4. Just wondering if the second half will be as good as the first half of the season. Pinstripes and Poltergeists was my favorite episode of the season so far.
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2010, 10:00 AM »
I saw that the other day, and I'm definitely looking forward to more Team Venture as well.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2010, 11:28 PM »
I quit watching adult swim years ago.  No longer palatable.  Don't really care for piss poor animation and crude subject manner I guess.  I've just been sticking to the Fox stuff on Sundays and Futurama on Comedy Central when I have a chance to catch it.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2010, 10:13 PM »
I like Venture Brothers, but also like Metalocalypse, FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and Ghost in the Shell.
This is the way.

I have spoken.