Author Topic: Assinine Ebay Auction  (Read 2860 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Assinine Ebay Auction
« on: August 30, 2004, 02:25 AM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5916765563&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Just absolutely stupid...

What's worse is that this schmuck selling this is in Rebelscum claiming he can get a "signed affidavit" from Crime Scene Investigators PROVING it's not tampered with.  Claims he's part of the State Police wherever he is.

He's also laying claim that he can sue people for contacting Ebay or bidders on/about his auction, and causing him "economic loss" I believe is how he put it.

An incredible tool the likes of which hasn't been seen since the Garden Weasel itself.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2004, 03:22 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

SilverZ

Re: Assinine Ebay Auction
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2004, 04:05 AM »
This is truely a rare one of a kind to be treasured by the true collector!!!!!

Sure, if by "true collector" he means total retard.  ::)

It doesn't even seem that he realizes its just floppy hat Luke. No one can make up that idiotic of a statement to pass off as true, he just has to be a 10 year-old tool. He needs to stick to the Hot Wheels aisle.

And never mind him for the moment... who would be such an idiot to bother taking the time resealing a figure in all that VOTC packaging and return it. That's really pathetic.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2004, 09:11 AM »
What a scam.

If it sells it sells, if not who give a crap.

The seller ended this listing early because of an error in the listing.

What does that tell ya!  ::) 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2004, 04:34 PM »
What's worse than the auction itself is the way the guy's acting at Rebelscum.  I'll copy/paste some replies he's posted just for the amusement factor involved.

Slaprat wrote (At Rebelscum):
I am the seller of the OTC Luke. I can assure you that it is legit. I am an avid collector and do not wish to pull anything on anyone. I simply have no need for error cards, this is how I found it at the store. In fact I an still looking for the correct version for my collection. This posting and the emails have really upset me. I work for the State Police and am prepared to get signed affidavites from Forensic Scientists to prove the package has not been tampered with. Why would I do such a stupid thing and then put a close up picture on the auction knowing that the true of the true collectors would be looking at it. Give me some credit. I do not have the time to seemlessly open two, inner and outter, packages and then replace a figure and seemlessly reseal them. You should really watch out what hurtful types of things you say on here without doing your homework and working with the sellers. The law states that if someone says or does something that will cause unjust economic loss to someone else that person is lawfully responsible to compensate for the loss. Translation: you could be sued for slander or a harmfull tort. With such powerfull tools as posting boards comes great responsibliy.

&

NO, I am not going to sue the whole message board. However the guy who emailed those who have bid on the auction telling them that the figure is a fraud could potential have crossed a very sticky line.

&

You know, this is comeletly rediculous, you all are so right it is not worth is over an ebay auction. You just have no idea what it is like to be accused of doing something you didnt and then to have it turn into this. I would love to post the email I received from one of the posters who was threating me which is the primary reason I have gone a bit off the deepend. If it sells it sells, if not who give a crap. My appologies.

I mean, that's some real verbal diahrea right there.  He was accurate in saying he went off the "deepend" though at least.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2004, 08:09 PM »
What's worse is that this schmuck selling this is in Rebelscum claiming he can get a "signed affidavit" from Crime Scene Investigators PROVING it's not tampered with. 

what? is he that retarded? csi? why, did they see someone steal his lightsaber and shirt? or did they get some latent prints off the inside of the "sealed" bubble...

did anyone bother to mention to his idiot that it's not even the correct figure in there?

Claims he's part of the State Police wherever he is.

yeah? that and $1.25 will get him on the bus...

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2004, 08:20 PM »
Sigh
Remember the old days when people believed other people.
Innocent till proven guilty.
Seems these days it's guilty till proven innocent.
What if the guy got it form the shops like he claimed.
What if some @sswipe had done the ol swap a figure and return it trick that we used to hear about.
Maybe thats how he came to have the figure.
It's kinda hard to defend him as he claims he has no interest in error cards , if that was the case why buy it all??
But hey each to their own
Remember he could have been telling the truth.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

SilverZ

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2004, 08:37 PM »
Yeah, I don't think anyone is questioning his original intent if just selling an error card. He probably didn't know what he had in the first place.

The problem comes in that with even a moment's research he could have had better insight into the legitimacy of his find. He frequents message boards and could have asked. It would certainly be worth that time instead of putting it up on ebay with such a silly claim as he did.

It would have been just another funny ebay auction and no one would have cared less if he hadn't then started all the CSI and lawsuit yelping.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2004, 11:42 PM »
Yeah I think nobody was actually "doubting" him in the sense that they were out and out SURE he did this with malicious intent, but his random spewing of "I'm in the State Police", "I'll get a Signed Afidavit that it's not tampered with by experts...", "I'm thinking of filing suit against those who warned bidders in my auction" remarks just had everyone basically looking at him as a jerk.

Not to mention, he's selling hotwheels on custom cardbacks as well I guess...  That doesn't bode well for his credibility on resealing something and selling it...  If I'm not mistaken he possibly denied even being capable of doing that?

Anyway, I think the point is more that he simplyd idn't WANT to take that down after being told it's a fake...  Whether he did it himself or not, he was reluctant to take the auction down, didn't like the discussion on it, and lashed out.  To me, he F'd that up himself and brought on the negative attention by replying like a tool instead of saying "I bought it and it' sealed so I just assumed it's an error".