Author Topic: PS2 Clones Wars worth the $40?  (Read 5818 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
PS2 Clones Wars worth the $40?
« on: February 19, 2003, 04:55 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has played Clone Wars and if its any good? I've gotten used to most SW's games being worth about $20, but always having to spend $40+ on them instead... Not about to buy another 'Battle of Naboo', but I'd snatch another Rogue Squadron or Jedi Starfighter.

BTW- I don't think my rental joint has a copy of it, just a box.  :-\

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re:PS2 Clones Wars worth the $40?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2003, 12:06 AM »
I bought Clone Wars tonight, $50. Pretty much a rip-off and as stated above, turns out to be another $20 game with a $40+ price tag. I'm really disapointed that the game's handling isn't more like Jedi Starfighter... The graphics aren't as great as I've heard, they're probably not half as good as Jedi Starfighter's... To be fair, while I havent had fun playing it yet, I'm sure I will sometime in the future as the game isn't horrid... It's just not very fun.

I dunno, just pretty disapointed at this point, I'd rather have bought the Boush/Carbonite 12inch or something to be honest.

EDIT -
I played the multi-players today with a good friend of mine (whom hates Star Wars) and he admitted that the Multi-Player is fun, 8/10 was his rating. He complained about the controls, which I sort of agree with, but to contrast from my not-so-thrilled review of the single-player, the Multi-Player is real fun.

Best moment - Geonosian Duel
My buddy rolled up in a Hail-Fire, did a ramp-jump over my head while I had a Federation Tank (AAT), he launched his payload (05) missles while airborne and I shot a fully charged shell at him at the same time. We both hit each other and killed each other. Nice indeed.  ;D
« Last Edit: February 22, 2003, 12:48 PM by Brad "AngryEwok" Soldato »

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: PS2 Clones Wars worth the $40?
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2003, 05:58 PM »
It's a decent game but I'm having a hard time with it.  Everyone I know says it's an easy game, but not when you play it on the hard level (it's no fun playing a game if it's on easy).  Graphics aren't too bad, but it's cool playing this during the Clone Wars (and after AOTC).

7/10 for my rating...
dustrho

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2003, 06:27 PM »
You know the codes? I plugged em all in, and I gotta admit, infinite secondary's is mad fun.  8)

Offline Depmode

• Jedi Initiate
  • Utinni!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 4, 2003, 09:41 AM »
i have this game for gamecube, and it bored the hell out of me. haven't touched it in months.
James
DepmodeETS@aol.com
AIM: DepmodeETS
My lego collection: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Depmode

Offline BobaShek

• Jedi Initiate
  • OT Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2003, 09:12 AM »
I just bought it used a couple weeks ago for 30 bucks, and I kinda like it. It's no Rogue Squadron, but for 30 bucks, I got what I paid for (Unlike most of you ;)).

Jango Fettish

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2003, 09:26 AM »
I got it off of eBay for $20 then sold it a week after I bought it. Not that great.

I'll stick to Bounty Hunter.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2003, 11:23 AM »
I'll stick to Bounty Hunter.

Have you beaten Bounty Hunter yet?  It has an awesome ending!
dustrho

Jango Fettish

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2003, 02:02 PM »
But of course! A few times, actually.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2003, 02:49 PM »
You go boy!   ;)
dustrho

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2003, 02:54 AM »
Finally finished Clone Wars.  I thought it was a pretty damn good game, but we need more games that could combine Bounty Hunter & Jedi Starfighter.  I really wish Rogue Squadron would come out to PS2.
dustrho

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 8, 2003, 01:18 AM »
I too think Clone Wars is overpriced.  The best parts though IMO are when you get to pilot the Republic Gunship.

I've been addicted to Galactic Battlegrounds for 2 years solid, but Clone Wars only had my attention for 3 weeks.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
  • i've never seen garbage eat garbage before
    • View Profile
    • http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Darth_Depressis
« Reply #12 on: January 2, 2007, 12:46 AM »
this game should be called Battlefront BC, it runs really slow and has a story which really adds nothing to the general clone wars storyline. and it is not worth that ransom they ask, I've had it twice. once for 4.99 with no cover and i quickly returned due to its lack of "FUN" with mace windu. and of course i wasn't into the SW 4x4 adventure. the next time i gave it another chance was out of a pure urge to see the cgi movies and i ended up paying like thirty bucks. of course returned it after a couple weeks.

not worth the money or time. just read about it.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2007, 01:55 PM »
i got it for $15 last year. I beat it once then stopped playing. it was decent but nothing amazing. Galactic Battlegrounds clone wars addition was indeed better. Bounty Hunter was way better too. im still having a hard time finding Jedi Starfighter though.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D: