Author Topic: OT DVD: Who will have Freebies/Promo's w/purchase?  (Read 2296 times)

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
OT DVD: Who will have Freebies/Promo's w/purchase?
« on: September 8, 2004, 02:51 AM »
Has anyone heard of any retail outlets offering freebies and or promotional items with purchase of the upcoming OT DVD?

I usually buy my DVD's at Best Buy and I know they offered a cheapy Yoda Button for the AOTC DVD release when it came out, but hey it was free. :)

As far as my knowledge TRU will have a pretty good deal going on with a $10 gift certificate with purchase of OT DVD.  As most of us are going to buy the DVD's anyways, that would be a free VOTC of your choice.(That's if they ever stocked any  VOTC to begin with  ::)).

-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

SilverZ

Re: OT DVD: Who will have Freebies/Promo's w/purchase?
« Reply #1 on: September 8, 2004, 03:32 AM »
BB is giving away the R2D2: Beneath the Dome disc free with purchase.

I personally like the TRU deal though.

Being that I should have the set before street (fingers crossed) my primary plan is to be at Walmart to get the figure packs that should go out on the DVD display palettes.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 8, 2004, 10:17 PM »
BB is giving away the R2D2: Beneath the Dome disc free with purchase.

but don't 99% of the people who will be buying this dvd set already own that? it was only $7.99 at best buy when it first came out  ::)

SilverZ

« Reply #3 on: September 9, 2004, 02:34 AM »
but don't 99% of the people who will be buying this dvd set already own that? it was only $7.99 at best buy when it first came out ::)

Precisely. Frankly I'd rather it be something trivial, because I hate the extra content discs BB has been getting lately, mostly from Paramount. I think I bought this disc some time ago and never bothered to open it.