Author Topic: Battlefront (PS2)  (Read 7740 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Battlefront (PS2)
« on: September 13, 2004, 03:15 PM »
This is for all of us who are going to be playing on PS2 (hopefully not just myself) to touch base and possibly join forces. I know that my two good friends who I play SOCOM with are going to be buying this game, so we'll probably be forming a clan (if clans are supported).

Right now I'll probably use my standard SW game name, that I've used since the RPG back in the day...Barak Dreen. Either that, or I might use LandotheScoundrel, though sometimes the long names get in the way of gameplay.

So who's going to be playing on PS2?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
Re: Battlefront (PS2)
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2004, 05:54 PM »
I'll be on PS2 as well, under bobafett14.

Hey quick question....I tried the demo disc from PS@ magazine, not only does it not work but for whatever reason, now when I tried to play SOCOM last night I log on but keep getting kicked offline about every 2-3minutes.  I get about half way through the first game and then all the guys just start running in place and it boots me back to the main menu.

I have a wireless router, and have  had no problems up until just last night.  Could the demo disc have screwed something up? was my cable just lagging last night?? what else could it be?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  For the love of god I just want the system up and running when Battlefronts hits next week.

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2004, 10:19 AM »
From what I understand, there's no multiplayer on the demo disc, so I can't see why it would affect your router.

Even if there was multiplayer, I couldn't see it affecting your router. It would either work or not work. It shouldn't have affected SOCOM. Is your memory card full? You may not have been able to download the SOCOM updates that were initiated the other day (about 8mb). My buddy ran SOCOM on a wireless router for awhile, and he used to lag really bad and get kicked off. I think its just the nature of the wireless router that sometimes there's a lot of extra noise in the connection.

Try it later and see if it works alright.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2004, 03:48 AM »
I've pinned this up for you guys, :-*.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2004, 10:39 AM »
Thanks Brad!  ;D

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2004, 09:21 PM »
Hey Lando, do you play SOCOM 1 or SOCOM 2? If it's 2 you play, then what's your username? We'll have to hook up sometime.

Or if you want to add me to your buddy list, my name is Diddly Squat.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2004, 09:22 PM by Diddly Squat »
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2004, 10:55 PM »
Man just hrs. to go.

To me this is probably one of the best times for SW in the last 10 yrs.  Ranks pretty close to the movie premiers and Celebrations.  DVD's, SW miniatures, all kinds of mdse. roll-outs, and Battlefronts.

I took the day off just to veg and enjoy it all.
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2004, 11:55 PM »
I'll be on most af the morning and afternoon tomorrow.  I'll just be Hung Solow
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2004, 02:29 PM »
Hey Lando, do you play SOCOM 1 or SOCOM 2? If it's 2 you play, then what's your username? We'll have to hook up sometime.

Or if you want to add me to your buddy list, my name is Diddly Squat.

My username on SOCOM 2 (and 1 for that matter) is :Morgoth:. Are you in a clan?

I can not wait until 5:30, when I can get out of this ******* office and get the game from Gamestop. Aaaarrrghhhh!!!! this waiting is killing me!!!

Offline paploo

• Jedi Initiate
  • MORE EWOKS NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2004, 06:20 PM »
i see it says you can shoot ewoks but can you be an ewok character?
The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows-Aristotle Onasis

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2004, 07:57 PM »
I just picked up Battlefront, got to play around with it for about 15 minutes, now I gotta leave again.  Looks sick so far, mowed down a bunch of clone troopers as a droideka.  More later, I'm gonna hit it hard after I get home before bed.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2004, 11:48 PM »
Sorry for the intrusion here, but since this appears to be a "group" game, does that mean if I pick it up on clearance several years down the road, that I can't play it since no one else will be around to play with/against anymore?  What happens if you try to play it by yourself?  No can do?  Looks like an incredible game though!  I mostly just want to blast the hell out of one of those Ewoks!   8)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2004, 01:09 AM »
Sorry for the intrusion here, but since this appears to be a "group" game, does that mean if I pick it up on clearance several years down the road, that I can't play it since no one else will be around to play with/against anymore?  What happens if you try to play it by yourself?  No can do?  Looks like an incredible game though!  I mostly just want to blast the hell out of one of those Ewoks!   8)

Oh, you can play by yourself.  I have a pair of sore wrists, an annoyed neglected girlfriend, and 4 hours of my life that I'll never get back since I picked it up this afternoon.  This game is just superior to anything I've ever played.  The snowtroopers are the sickest thing ever.  Attack Rhen Var and your stormies turn snowies.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2004, 02:09 PM »
WOW my head is spinning, so freaking much going on in this game.

Now that the lag and server screw ups seem to be somewhat fixed (I hope):

The vehicles (x-wing/TIE) totally suck and very hard to control
The vehicles(tanks/speeders/spider/AT-ST) very cool, fun to demolish stuff
The vehicle(AT-AT) if you buy this game for no other reason this is the reason-totally awesome.

Mostly been playing with all the dif characters.  My fav are  the missle launching guys.  The droideka is REALLY fun to roll around in-but takes a few tries to get used to the controls.  I still can;t figure how to get the jetpacks working on the clones(I think you;re supposed to be able to use it on the green trooper)

I suck, I think I kill more of my own guys than anything (and myself-cliff jumping on Rhenn Varr)

Fav boards-Hoth and Kasshyyk Docks

Least Fav-Rhenn Varr-I get lost

Only thing I don't like is there seems to be less strategy than in a SOCOM game, more just run around and shoot stuff

Thing I do like.....running around and shooting stuff. ;^)

See you online and in my sights!  (and Scoundrel-I think I saw you running around once before I got booted offline.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2004, 02:00 AM »
I played the X-Box Demo...  The strategy aspect is limited to this game Bob, you're not just missing that, and that's about what I expected...  However.

Part of the strategy is the characters you choose as you play the game...  But also, I noticed on Endor the various paths and choices I could take.  For instance I had the option of run & gun to try and just outkill my opponent...  The other option's finding out what stationary weapons are available, which is how I actually won the level...  I took stationary guns and just blew the bejesus out of the starting point for the Imperials.  They had no chance.

So there's strategy, but this ain't no Socom.  It's a direct copy of Battlefield 1942, which while fun I was disappoitned in it when there's games out at the same time in the WW2 genre that did use some teamwork and such, even with AI comrades.

Call of Duty would be the perfect example of such a game...  Lotsa teamworking to win objectives, but also your personal achievement is important. 

Battlefront's kinda fun, but it's what I was expecting so I'm debating still about getting this one for PC now.  I do enjoy playing that demo on the DVD though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77