Author Topic: Clone Wars Cartoon  (Read 8185 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Clone Wars Cartoon
« on: February 20, 2003, 05:02 PM »
Well it seems the cartoons weren't called off after all!  :D I think it's great that there'll be some on-screen EU, but I gotta admit I'm not sure that i like the whole 'jack' style... hopefully the 3 minute cartoons will actually make sense, but 3 minutes is incredibly short... Anyway, this should be really cool. If I read right, the total time of the combined shows adds up to an hour in length. Think there's any chance of the shows being put on a DVD?

Thoughts?

« Last Edit: February 20, 2003, 05:04 PM by Brad "AngryEwok" Soldato »

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
Re:Clone Wars Cartoon
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2003, 10:34 AM »
I am still a fan of the GI Joe style cartoons and was hoping for that type. I am happy to see that it is released  and will have to wait for the final product to offer an opinion.

I think there is a chance that all the episodes may be released on dvd after they run. I would by one.
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline Depmode

• Jedi Initiate
  • Utinni!
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Cartoon
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2003, 09:04 AM »
I really have no doubt they'll be released on DVD. In fact, I am very much hoping they will be, as it will prolly be the only change getting to see them. I'm not a tv person, and I never make it to see somethign scheduled on TV. So I know I'll miss all the clone wars cartoons when they air most likely.
James
DepmodeETS@aol.com
AIM: DepmodeETS
My lego collection: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Depmode

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2003, 11:08 PM »
I really have no doubt they'll be released on DVD. In fact, I am very much hoping they will be, as it will prolly be the only change getting to see them. I'm not a tv person, and I never make it to see somethign scheduled on TV. So I know I'll miss all the clone wars cartoons when they air most likely.
Yep, same for me.  I suspect they'll come out at some point on DVD.  Probably better marketing to get them out prior to Ep III but may be part of a big boxed set.  So long as I get them.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Sith Bounty Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hunting new figures daily
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2003, 11:48 AM »
Well it seems the cartoons weren't called off after all!  :D I think it's great that there'll be some on-screen EU, but I gotta admit I'm not sure that i like the whole 'jack' style... hopefully the 3 minute cartoons will actually make sense, but 3 minutes is incredibly short... Anyway, this should be really cool. If I read right, the total time of the combined shows adds up to an hour in length. Think there's any chance of the shows being put on a DVD?

Thoughts?

I really don't think they'll make a DVD of it because if they made any DVD, besides TPM to E3, it would probably be the origional trilogy on DVD.
Dont under estimate the power of a sith lord

Offline Darth Wysh

• Youngling
  • i am a jedi, like my farther before me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2003, 10:24 AM »
i think they wiull make a dvd out of it jsut casue they know it will sell, and the OT will comeo ut soon i hope

Offline Valtar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Impressive... Most Impressive.
    • View Profile
    • Valtarz Customz 'n' Artz
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2003, 01:00 PM »
I just hope Hasbro plans to make some Figures, Playsets, and Ships to go along with the Cartoon...  That would be pretty nice to get something in between the Prequels and ANH.   :D

Offline jkno

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2004, 05:50 AM »
The second wave started. I hate the big droid hammer in Chapter 12. Is this Tom and Jerry or Star Wars? Lucas is gone crazy! :-[

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2004, 04:44 PM »
Did anyone catch the Cartoon Network playing all of the Clone Wars shows together? I missed it, so now I'm just downloading all of the shows online.  :-\ I really hope they'll have this on DVD for about $10 like they did with the R2BeneathTheDome DVD.

Offline jkno

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 5, 2004, 03:48 AM »
they will make a DVD for sure
« Last Edit: April 5, 2004, 03:50 AM by jkno »

Offline JediKnight87

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #10 on: April 6, 2004, 09:07 PM »
Overall CW is pretty cool but it's gonna be pretty short. 3 min per 20 chapters. That's only an hour on DVD. I think they might throw in like the making of or the commentary behind the scenes. Who knows what might happen?
"Now I am the Master!"-Darth Vader

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 8, 2004, 06:56 PM »
I have enjoyed this season of CLone Wars and wish that Hasbro would make more animated figures from the cartoon ... maybe even a sprit of Jinn to go with a mean Anakin from the last epsiode 19.  Hopefully they do release all of the epsiodes on a DVD since I would like to see them all together.  If not its no big deal since I can just copy the files from my computer.

Offline Playgirl

• Jedi Initiate
  • Slice and DICE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 9, 2004, 01:48 AM »
i dont remember seeing jinn in episode 19. i do remember seeing yoda and obi-wan though.  will i have to chec again??

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 9, 2004, 01:43 PM »
If you have it downloaded on your computer and can pause it you will see him around 2:44 I think.  I missed him the first few times and didn't notice him until someone at GH talked about a third character in the series of shots with Obi and Yoda.

Offline Playgirl

• Jedi Initiate
  • Slice and DICE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 9, 2004, 04:10 PM »
yes i see it now.  he has the shortest of the flashes, and he only has one and obi and yoda have like two.  With the commentary the guy says that jinn is in there too.