Author Topic: JediDefender Fantasy Football 2004  (Read 108403 times)

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: JediDefender Fantasy Football
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2004, 09:44 AM »
I know that feeling. I had McAllister getting me nothing while DeShawn Foster was sitting on my bench.  ::)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2004, 10:00 AM »
I have McAllister in my other league as well.  I also have Shaun Alexander, who I decided to bench since I heard he wasn't playing.  Well, he did.  Didn't exactly have a huge game, but could have done better than the Duece.  Hopefully Westbrook can come through tonight and have a decent game, he's my third RB in that league.  Seems like a lot of fairly high profile injuries thus far this year.....Stephen Davis, Charles Rogers, Duece McAllister, Kellen Winslow, Tommy Maddox, etc.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2004, 10:05 AM »
Nothing is bad until a High Profile RB goes down for the year, its been a while too (Edgerrin in 2001?) so there should be one coming.  I can still remember watching my seasons go down the drain with Terrell Davis and Edgerrin James clutching their knees

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2004, 10:08 AM »
Well then, I guess I've been lucky as I've been barely avoided disaster for 2 weeks straight. Last week its Chris Brown with a sprained ankle, and this week Duece has the same thing happen. How close was I to losing not 1 but 2 of my starting RBs for long periods of time. Bad enough I've already lost a WR.  >:(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2004, 10:13 AM »
In a solid effort to jinx myself entirely, I'm not terribly afraid of an injury to a single player.  I've got some pretty nice backups at all positions, except maybe TE. 

That said, I would hate to lose Curtis Martin right now :o
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2004, 11:09 AM »
Well then, I guess I've been lucky as I've been barely avoided disaster for 2 weeks straight. Last week its Chris Brown with a sprained ankle, and this week Duece has the same thing happen. How close was I to losing not 1 but 2 of my starting RBs for long periods of time. Bad enough I've already lost a WR.  >:(

Yet unless Terrel Owens can come up with 3 more TD's and a bunch of yardage tonight, you're still going to beat me.  :(

And to think my other kicker scored like 11 points... but the one I started got me 2.

Neither of my RB's or my reciever who's already gone have scored a single TD - although Keyshawn's lame ass got tackled TWICE at the one yard line.   >:(

« Last Edit: September 20, 2004, 11:10 AM by Kneel Before Zod »

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2004, 11:18 AM »
That's exactly why I haven't said anything about how it looks like I'll get my first win this week. All TO needs is 3 TDs, he doesn't even need any yds, and you'll beat me. And against the Vikes D, that certainly is possible.

Neither of my RB's or my reciever who's already gone have scored a single TD

Experienced that last week when neither of my RBs or my WRs scored me a TD. Sucks doesn't it?  >:(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2004, 11:35 AM »

Experienced that last week when neither of my RBs or my WRs scored me a TD. Sucks doesn't it?  >:(

I hadn't noticed that. :P

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2004, 11:42 AM »
Now is when the league will get interesting. Starting with week 3, teams now have Bye weeks - so some of our second string bench players will be getting the start... God help us all  ;D
« Last Edit: September 20, 2004, 11:42 AM by jokabofe »

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2004, 11:44 AM »
Neither of my RB's or my reciever who's already gone have scored a single TD - although Keyshawn's lame ass got tackled TWICE at the one yard line.   >:(

Yeah, that was pretty funny, I was watching that game with some friends who happen to be Cowboy fans, and one of them is in a fantasy league at his job and has K.J. on his team, and he just kept screaming every time he got tackled at the one.  ;D

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2004, 12:16 PM »
That's exactly why I haven't said anything about how it looks like I'll get my first win this week. All TO needs is 3 TDs, he doesn't even need any yds, and you'll beat me. And against the Vikes D, that certainly is possible.

Neither of my RB's or my reciever who's already gone have scored a single TD

Yeah I think he needs 3 TDs and about 15 yards or so (which unless you're Jerome Bettis, if you score three times you'll get).

The worst part is that my 2 RB's (Davis and Henry) put up 250 yards between the both of them - and no scores...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2004, 12:19 PM »
Such is life in Fantasy Football...you rarely put out your best team and there is some luck involved with injuries

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2004, 12:48 PM »
I hope the Vikings win tonight, but wouldn't mind terribly if they benched Moss for a game (Nicklab). 

Think it's safe to say that my matchup with Famine is a reasonable precursor to our meeting at Celebration. :-*

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2004, 12:50 PM »
:)

What a strange world Fantasy Football is...

The starters for my two FF teams were basically identical (seven common players between the two teams), yet it looks like I am going to WIN in one league and lose the other.  Not only that, but I'll probably end up 0-2 in one league and 2-0 in the other so far despite having basically the same team!   :-\

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2004, 01:28 PM »
I hope the Vikings win tonight, but wouldn't mind terribly if they benched Moss for a game (Nicklab). 

Think it's safe to say that my matchup with Famine is a reasonable precursor to our meeting at Celebration. :-*

What, you want OCB to beat me?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback