Author Topic: 2005 Cantina Wave  (Read 29075 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: 2005 Cantina Wave
« Reply #15 on: October 7, 2004, 11:10 AM »
Woah, these figures are eye candy. Definitely have to get these guys.  8)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 7, 2004, 11:12 AM »
Me love freaky ass aliens.  Bring them on.  Only question Hasbro - Where is my Hem Dazon figure?  First cantina alien seen and no immortalization in plastic yet?  Blasphemy.
Common sense isn't so common

SilverZ

« Reply #17 on: October 7, 2004, 05:00 PM »
These are actually really nice.

I wonder if these will get light shipment or end up being like the last POTJ Cantina guys like Zutten, that pegwarmed massively. There's still snaggletooth figures hanging at a couple TRUs around here.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: October 7, 2004, 05:50 PM »
Nice news Scott...  They are indeed a nice set of figures.  I mean, 3 Cantina aliens at one time?  That's a dream come true that hasn't been seen since the POTF2 cinema scenes, and these figures are substnatially superior to the old 3-pack figures.

Myo's currently ranking as my favorite I think.  That's just really good detailing going on.  Can't wait to have these 3 in the bar...  I'm gonna have to take some of my filler figures out.  I have XD pilots in there, the Toht, the Gestapo guy from Raiders is in there, a space man figure, and damn near a dozen Jawas drinking away.  :)  These 3 are welcomed by me for sure.  Good customizing sources too, especially if you're into fan-fic.

Can't wait to make an Abyssian Rebel Pilot or soldier.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

SilverZ

« Reply #19 on: October 9, 2004, 05:39 PM »
They're up from preorder at EE now with a November release. It looks like the Chewbacca, Yoda, and Stormtrooper are just reships on OTC cards, with a Sandtrooper. Maybe they just left the OTC # off of Han.

Post-OTC Wave2

2x Feltipern Trevagg (NEW), 2x Myo (NEW), 2x Dannik Jerriko (NEW), 1x Stormtrooper (OTC #16), 1x Sandtrooper, 1x Scout Trooper (OTC #11), 1x Han Solo, 1x Chewbacca (OTC #8), and 1x Yoda (OTC #2).

EDIT: Paying the Bills with the link ;)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2004, 10:12 AM by OCB »

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 9, 2004, 05:59 PM »
They're up from preorder at EE now with a November release. It looks like the Chewbacca, Yoda, and Stormtrooper are just reships on OTC cards, with a Sandtrooper. Maybe they just left the OTC # off of Han.

Post-OTC Wave2

2x Feltipern Trevagg (NEW), 2x Myo (NEW), 2x Dannik Jerriko (NEW), 1x Stormtrooper (OTC #16), 1x Sandtrooper, 1x Scout Trooper (OTC #11), 1x Han Solo, 1x Chewbacca (OTC #8), and 1x Yoda (OTC #2).

I put an order in for this too.  The Han has my curiousity.  Hopefully it will be the POTJ Bespin version or Hoth version.  Either would look nice on the OTC cards.  As will the Sandtrooper. 

Im beginning to think we are going to see a few more rehash figs on these cards before EP3, which is fine with me.  Would love to see some of the pack-in figs from over the years here.
« Last Edit: October 9, 2004, 06:01 PM by rebeltrader »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2004, 10:12 AM »
Got my pre-order in too! :)

Post-OTC Wave2
« Last Edit: October 11, 2004, 10:13 AM by OCB »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2004, 10:16 AM »
I also pre-ordered this wave...

It will be interesting to see how that Sandtrooper is carded, as well as which Carded Han that is.  Is it the OTC, or is it a different Han?  Hmmm...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2004, 11:10 AM »
With this wave probably shipping next month, I bet we will see another onslaught of rehashes before ROTS.  Especially with the Holiday Season approaching.  No complaints here though.  I just love these cards.  I also heard a rumor that the Scout Trooper being released again will be the dirty version this time around, and as for the Han, could Hasbro be stupid enough to give us the cantina version again.  I just dont see this happening. 
« Last Edit: October 11, 2004, 11:13 AM by rebeltrader »

SilverZ

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2004, 03:04 PM »
If they're smart they put that Sandtrooper on a desert backdrop with a dewback behind him, and posed holding his binoculars. Could be a great card. I swear that they will indeed have the balls to reship Cantina Han again, this being the "Cantina" wave. Bastards.

I'm actually at a point where I think some PT rehashes would be in order. Get the SA Clone out again asap, and things like Coleman Trebor, Tusken Raider Female, and Battle Amidala that haven't been seen in some time.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2004, 01:29 PM »
The SA Clone is the most needed reship in my opinion.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2004, 07:51 AM »
Looking at these pics over at GH, I'm dissappointed the Cantina figures are not going to be labelled OTC at all.

I guess the real question now is what the Sandtrooper's card will say...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2004, 08:27 AM »
Looks like Rebelscum has a pic up of the Sandtrooper carded.  The background photo is nice, but it is packaged like the other 2005 figures and named "Tatooine Search".

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2004, 08:54 AM »
It also sounds like we will be getting that super rare cantina Han again ???  I just cant understand that one. 

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2004, 09:00 AM »
From the EE site:

Description: 
Star Wars - Post Original Trilogy Collection 3 3/4 inch Basic Action Figure Assortment Wave 2. Includes all-new vintage-style packaging that resembles the original line of Kenner Star Wars action figures. These are NOT in Original Trilogy Collection packaging. All figures are in new "Post" Original Trilogy Collection packaging. Contains 12 individually packaged action figures including 2x Feltipern Trevagg (NEW), 2x Myo (NEW), 2x Dannik Jerriko (NEW), 1x Sandtrooper - Tatooine Search (Older figure, slightly repainted, new packaging), 1x Stormtrooper - Death Star Attack (Same figure as OTC #16, but with new packaging), 1x Scout Trooper - Endor Raid (Same figure as OTC #11, but with new packaging), 1x Han Solo - Mos Eisley Escape (Same figure as OTC #7, but with new packaging), 1x Chewbacca - Hoth Escape (Same figure as OTC #8, but with new packaging), and 1x Yoda - Dagobah Training (Same figure as OTC #2, but with new packaging). (Subject to change).