Author Topic: 2005 Cantina Wave  (Read 29079 times)

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
Re: 2005 Cantina Wave
« Reply #105 on: January 4, 2005, 07:10 PM »
well, I wasn't really looking for these yet, but I stumbled upon Feltipern and Myo at my Target this evening. Only one of each, but after looking at them for a while and really considering, I bought 'em.

I'm really happy with them. I hadn't been excited about this wave...all these Cantina figures with no Hem Dazon really makes me sad, but these guys are nice, and exactly what Cantina figures should be. I was surprised by the ball-socket neck joints, as well as the detailing on their little cups. The paint jobs are really good, too, that bodes well for the ROTS stuff.

I searched for Dannik but he wasn't there. I'm kind of glad, since I really didn't like the character to begin with, and the face-things don't appeal either. If he was there I would've had to do some real soul-searching (esp. since they cost 2 bucks more now.) I do that with Yarua everytime I see him (haven't caved...yet...) and I know I'll do it with that hosenose...

So, two out of two figures for 2005 that I definitely had to have. ROTS will be a big maybe, so I'm pretty much all done already.  :-[

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #106 on: January 4, 2005, 09:26 PM »
I found these at two different Targets today, plus Animated wave 3.

I thought I was going to pick up some carded versions, but, at $7 a crack, no. I'm blowing way too much on this stuff as it is, plus the ROTS stuff is out in a few months.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 13, 2005, 02:39 PM »
Has anyone confirmed whether the Dagobah Luke will be shipped in the two variations?  Original pics showed the handstand, but I have seen nothing but the standing versions.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #108 on: January 13, 2005, 09:56 PM »
All I've seen are the standing versions too.
I was fortunate enough to score a handstand version on the OTC card, though, so I haven't been paying too much attention.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #109 on: January 14, 2005, 12:18 AM »
I didn't realize they'd repacked so much with the Cantina wave...  Saw a few of them, including that Chewbacca and Dagobah Yoda...  I guess they aren't pegwarming so why not, though Chewie and Yoda WERE easy to find for quite some time (just not now).

Got my 2nd Cantina set tonight for $2 each.  Makes up for the $7 each I paid at TRU for my first set. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #110 on: January 14, 2005, 10:45 AM »
I've only seen standing

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 17, 2005, 07:28 AM »
Scott,

If you are wanting a handstand piece. I have an extra one, but it a little beat up. Let me know and we can work something out.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #112 on: January 17, 2005, 10:44 AM »
I have one (that I'm actually holding for i-fett), thanks though :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 18, 2005, 08:40 AM »
Found the Cantina wave at Wal-Mart this past weekend, so I'm caught up on basic figs now aside from the Animated CW ones, until the ROTS Preview stuff hits.  Not that I care, because I'm a loose collector, but the "batch" I found of these at Wal-Mart were really on bent up cards, each and every one.  Looked like it was how they were packed though, and not done by someone else.  Anyways, happy to find them!

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 19, 2005, 07:41 PM »
I didn't see anything else on this while reading through this topic, but here's a question: I picked up a few of these guys the other day from a few different places, and I noticed something: I have carded versions of Myo and Trevagg holding their glasses, and carded versions where the glasses are just packed in the bubble. Anyybody know which is the "rare" variant, and which is the regular release? I'm thinking the figures where they are holding their drinks is the regular version. Were they made with the drinks just packed in first, and switched later, or is the other way around?

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 19, 2005, 08:40 PM »
I'm thinking the figures where they are holding their drinks is the regular version. Were they made with the drinks just packed in first, and switched later, or is the other way around?

This is only my guess, but I'd bet that they were originally packed holding their cups, and then changed so that the cups were attached to the bubble.  I'm guessing some politically correct special interest group decided we shouldn't be directly encouraging kids to drink, so they took the cup out of their hands.   ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #116 on: February 25, 2005, 03:06 PM »
A collective "Oh, ****" for the carded/variant completists out there...  I caught these nice pictures from White_Biker (or J.S. Betancourt at Sandtroopers):

That's two variations, and one production error, for anyone keeping track.  I have 4 of each of these guys (still carded) at home, but I have no idea if I've got any of these variants.  Gonna have to check when I get home, and then I'm gonna likely have to start searching for them, especially the latter two...   :-\
« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 03:07 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 25, 2005, 03:27 PM »
Dang. I couldn't do the whole Variant collecting deal. :-\

Yikes.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #118 on: February 27, 2005, 02:50 AM »
The Feltipern's a nice one because his first version had the gun all warped.  Easily fixed, but still I hate warped weapons because of the shoddy plastic Hasbro uses...

Oh yeah, and I am very pleased I don't piss with carded figures...  I'd just be irritated beyond belief.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77