Author Topic: Some hope for the Tonikka Sisters finally...?!  (Read 5772 times)

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
Re: Some hope for the Tonikka Sisters finally...?!
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2004, 04:45 PM »
The plot thickens...

Spice: Being close to thirty years since the film was released, do you still hope your action figure will someday be immortalized in plastic?

Christine: I am actually mortally offended it has not already! I am looking forward to seeing it.

Boy, it's a good thing Hasbro has paid such close attention to the likeness rights. Really sounds like a lawsuit just waiting to happen. ::)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2004, 05:36 PM »
It begs the question though...Why didn't he ask her about the likeness rights issue?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2004, 07:05 PM »
Crap.  I even begged Rhoads in our Convention thread here when he mentioned that Chicago show to find out what's up with the "rights" issue, since that's supposedly (according to Hasbro) been the root of the problem for all these years!  Would've been nice to hear her either confirm it, or tell us that Habro's full of ****, and has just been talking out of their asses for the past 10 years.   :-\

Guess we'll have to ask her at C3 instead...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2004, 03:57 AM »
If she's free...  *cough*snicker*cough*

Seriously, I mean...  What else would be going on?

Anyway, yeah I was also a little perplexed after I read the link that nothing on the likeness was really asked, but eh...  Whatever I guess. 

I've come to rarely expect Q & A sessions that involve anything Star Wars to go all according to plan.  Hasbro at SDCC was really kinda snotty to everyone they talked to it seemed...  Little interest in the event, or respect for the fans.  Lucas gets interviewed and basically flips the entire 20+ something's off with "It's my film and I'll do what I want, and I don't care what you want" kinda attitude...  Typical.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2004, 10:14 PM »
Interesting that she said she is mortified that her character has not been done yet.  Hmmmm?  That's odd.  Maybe the Tonnika Sisters will be the Celebration 3 figure.  That would be cool.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2004, 02:12 PM »
Celebration 3 figure?  Ohhh I hope not or they will be very pricey... a fan club exclusive 2-pk like Muftak and Kabe would make me happier though.

:P

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2004, 03:18 PM »
Oh I am sure if most likely be some Darth Vader or Anakin figure for Celebration 3.  I was just kind of throwing a thought out there. 

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2004, 03:34 PM »
Not that George gives a cr@p about the figures, but I always thought it would be kinda cool for him to have 2 characters that looked amazingly like the Tonnika Sisters in a bar in Episode 2 or 3 (obviously too late for 2 now).   That way, Hasbro could market them as the characters in Episode III and sell twice as many to the diorama folk for both movies and not worry about the likeness issue at all.