Author Topic: VOTC/OTC Purchases  (Read 97340 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: VOTC/OTC Purchases
« Reply #165 on: November 12, 2004, 03:59 PM »
My local Walmart had all 12 VOTC's on the shelf this AM.  It was not only odd seeing them all, especially 3PO but a thing of beauty.  Left them all for some lucky sap.  Although I was tempted to snag a few more Stormies.  I've cut myself off at 12 which was overkill already.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #166 on: November 12, 2004, 07:40 PM »
Finally found ROTJ VOTC today at Sam Goody.  I bought the only Stormtrooper.  I also saw the Sandcrawler at my local comic shop for $60.  I took one look at it and went "Nah."

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #167 on: November 12, 2004, 11:24 PM »
Yeah, I kinda want the Sandcrawler, but $60 is ridiculous.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 14, 2004, 08:52 PM »
I actually found the OTC Y-Wing today. This is really odd since most exclusive merchandise gets bought up before it sees the sales floor in this area.

And, I almost bought Sly Moore today. I say almost, because even though the nameplate said Sly Moore, and the back of the card showed[/i] Sly Moore, there was a Saga Taun We figure inside the package. Some nice fellow collector must have bought Sly Moore, took it home, and then ripped it open and replaced the figure with an extra Taun We that he/she had at home. Then return it for a refund and you end up with a free figure. It's a shame that the employees at Toys R Us either:

A) Don't know any better
B) Don't really care about things like this
C) Help out there friends by taking stuff like this back
-or-
D) Do this themselves

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 15, 2004, 07:35 PM »
Found the Post-OTC waves at Wal-Mart tonight.
Managed to find all five in the mess. Pablo and Yarua were behind the lightsabers.  ::)

Finding these really made a bad day a lot better. :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 16, 2004, 08:44 AM »
Nice to hear the Post-OTC waves are starting to hit at retail, I'll have to keep my eyes out for those.  Checking the stores this weekend, and both Target and Wal-Mart seems to have gotten some more cases in of the OTC and VOTC.  I really wish these were closer to $6 or $7, because I saw several Stormtroopers this weekend, and was quite tempted to pick up a few more.  I did get one more, but couldn't "army build" at $9-10 a pop.  Anyways, it is nice to see more of these on the pegs.  Surprisingly, the ANH figures are starting to dry up a bit, but this weekend I saw lots of Lando, Vader, Yoda, as well as the Stormtrooper and Boba Fett (at Wal-Mart).  Still have never seen a Chewie at retail, and haven't seen 3PO or R2 since the first time I spotted them.  Both Target and Wal-Mart seem to be overflowing with the OTC Endor Generals/Bespin Leia assortment, but I've also seen the Gam. Guards/Fortuna here and there now too.  No sign of the Scanning Trooper, but I can live without it.  TRU and KB toys have nothing but Saga figures now as far as basic figures go, but TRU does have the ANH VOTC hanging out still.  Oh, and I did see some Y-Wings there too.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 16, 2004, 10:19 AM »
Its being reported over at Sandtroopers.com that the Cantina wave (Myo, Dannik, etc.) is showing up.  Strange, since carded versions have not even showed up on ebay yet.  Anyone here confirm this?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #172 on: November 16, 2004, 12:04 PM »
Here's the stuff that is still on my "needs" list that I will probably find in 2004:
* 2005 Cantina Wave (due Nov. from EE)
* OTC-38 Imperial Trooper (x2)
* TRU Jedi Scene 3 and 4

Well, I just nabbed the TRU Jedi Scenes 3 & 4 off Amazon.com (threw in a vOTC figure to get to $49 and qualify for free shipping) and I'll be getting some help tonight and picking up the Imperial Scanning Troopers I need (thanks Scott and Matt!  :-*), so I guess I'm done shopping until next year.  I just need to sit back and wait for EE to ship me my Cantina wave figures and I'm set.  :)

It'll be real nice if I can avoid the toy stores during the Holiday shopping season.  Those Pre-Christmas TRUs are packed with vile "no manners, me first" type of shoppers.  Ick. Somehow, TRU has 50 times the traffic during the Holidays as they do the rest of the year, but still manage to open only 3 check-out stands...  ::)

Of course, watch, now something else from 2005 will slip into the Holiday shopping season and wreck my whole plan...   :-\

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 16, 2004, 01:01 PM »
After a emergency visit to the dentist (root canal Thursday, baby!), I stopped by a TRU.  Found the Naboo and Coruscant wave and picked up the Silver Vader for free.  Now all I need is the Cantina and I'm golden.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 18, 2004, 06:35 PM »
How long does EE take to ship a case of SW figures? I read my case shipped on the 10th, and here it is, the 18th, and I still haven't received it yet.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #175 on: November 18, 2004, 09:16 PM »
I'd give 'em a shout, Ben.  I found the Generals wave at WM today.  Lots of 'em.  Now, I just need me some Jawas.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 19, 2004, 01:29 AM »
I finally caved in and bought the Coruscant Wave off of www.dnstoys.com tonight.  It's the first time in almost a year that I've bought a case online.  I felt kinda guilty for some reason, but I'm sick of going to Walmart/TRU/Target every day and not finding them. 

Really, I want to have these figures to "play with" over Thanksgiving break... chances are I'll find them tomorrow in a store.   ::)

:P

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 19, 2004, 08:45 PM »
Scored the two Vaders, Bib, and Gam. Guard at Wal-Mart.

Still need the Jawas, Tusken, Snowtrooper, Leia #9, and the Scanning Crew Trooper.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 20, 2004, 01:49 AM »
I was finally able to finish off the VOTC tonight when I found a 3PO.  I found two, actually, but I only purchased one.  I had to pay $12.99 because it was at KB, but I'm just glad to have found him at retail.  I also saw the Sandcrawler at Suncoast, but the $60 is too rich for my blood at this time.  I'll pick one up if those babies go on clearance.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 20, 2004, 01:51 AM »
Scored the following today....

Yarua
Pablo Jil
Rabe
OTC Gamorrean Guard
OTC Slave Leia