Author Topic: VOTC/OTC Purchases  (Read 97299 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: VOTC/OTC Purchases
« Reply #180 on: November 20, 2004, 05:05 PM »
How long does EE take to ship a case of SW figures? I read my case shipped on the 10th, and here it is, the 18th, and I still haven't received it yet.

Dont be too concerned.  Mine shipped reg mail and took a little over 2 weeks.  Why so long I have no clue.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #181 on: November 20, 2004, 07:58 PM »
Yeah, I just got it today. It was a pretty big box, too. I guess that's why it took so long.

I have an extra R2 and Fett to trade, too.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 30, 2004, 02:18 PM »
I did pick up Vader, Yoda, and R2-D2 in a three day span over the Holiday weekend.  Now I just need to find Chewbacca and C-3PO to complete a set. 

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #183 on: November 30, 2004, 08:40 PM »
Scored the Post OTC wave at WM today.  All five in spades.  Bought everybody but Sly Moore.  Rabe is UGLY.  The figure is fine, but goodness.  I'll have to find some way to customize her into Padme.  Any ideas on that?

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 1, 2004, 12:18 AM »
Did they happen to have any Scanning Crew guys, Darby?
I was too late to indulge myself at BBTS, now I'm hunting for them.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #185 on: December 1, 2004, 01:21 AM »
No, none of those.  No generals or Jawas or any of those later OTC figs.  I don't know whether to worry or not.   Maybe they'll get some.  This WM has been getting some cases in the last week or so.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 6, 2004, 02:02 PM »
Made a couple of stops this weekend at Target/Wal-Mart, so decided to stop by the action figure aisles to see if there was anything new.  Not really looking for much outside of the Post OTC waves (which haven't shown yet), but I do always like to see what is out there.  At Target, interestingly enough, they seemed to have restocked (pegs packed to the brim) with Saga 2004 figures....R-3POs, Hoth Troopers, Bar2-D2, Skiff Lando, etc.  They had one lone OTC figure hanging on the pegs, which happened to be General Madine.  The other Target hadn't done this (restocked with Saga stuff), but had a fairly decent supply of OTC figures.  Several Gam. Guards, Fortunas, Slave Leias, and a few others.  Both stores had a handful of VOTC figures, and I have now seen every figure on the line...aside from Chewbacca and C-3PO...on multiple occasions now.  One Target and also one Wal-Mart have had Fetts, Vaders, and Stormtroopers sitting for awhile now, which is surprising to me.  If I had more extra cash I'd be picking up a few more...specifically the Stormies.  Vader voice changer thingy has also shown up at the Targets.  Strangely enough, still no Slave 1's on the shelves.  At one Target, I got it a couple months back via the DCPI#, but they still haven't actually put them out on the floor.  The other one (which doesn't have the nifty DCPI scanners) had them out one time when I went there, but they have since disappeared.  It is possible that they sold out, but they had several, so I guess I'd be a little bit surprised.  Otherwise, more of the same on the pegs around here.  Not overly enthused to see the return of Saga figures to Target (and also our TRU...all they have is Saga stuff now).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 15, 2004, 08:29 AM »
Stopped in at TRU last night, and found the POTC Padme, Rabe, Sly, Yarua, and Pablo.....all for $6.99 each.  I'm really not digging this price increase....$6 I could stand, but $7 is starting to make me choosy.  With it being a week before Christmas, that influenced the spending as well.  All that said, I picked up Yarua and Pablo Jill, the two that I really wanted from these two waves anyways.  The others were tempting too, and I might go back and see if they are still there in a few days, we'll see.  Couldn't pass up a wookiee and alien Jedi though :).  Aside from these figures, TRU had basically nothing but tons and tons of older Saga figures.  They also had quite a few Unleashed, but nothing "new", just Chewie, Hoth Luke, Clonetrooper, Sidious, and Jedi Luke.  I was hoping to find the repackaged Vader, but no luck.  Oh, also zero VOTC here...didn't even look like they had a spot for them anymore.  I've got what I want (except maybe for some extra Stormies), but its too bad we're seeing the end of this line.

Also made a stop at Wal-Mart, and they seem pretty clogged up with the same old stuff for awhile.  Quite a bit of the basic OTC figs, consisting mainly of the Endor Generals, Bespin Leia, IG-88, Bespin Luke, etc.  Same ole VOTC, but they have sold some over the past few weeks.  Only a handful hanging on the pegs, mostly Leias and Obis.  Surprisingly now, I don't know if there is a single VOTC Han hanging anywhere anymore.  Also a big ole stack of the 12" figures, and some lightsabers and older Unleashed.  Oh, and they have the Vader voice changer thingy now too.  Anyways, I was quite happy to find something new, just basically on the lookout for the Cantina figs now until Animated/ROTS Preview stuff starts to hit.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 20, 2004, 03:01 PM »
Finally found a VOTC Chewbacca Sunday at Toys R Us.  Just need to find a C-3PO now to complete the set.  Yay!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 21, 2004, 12:07 PM »
Just ordered the Cantina wave from BBTS.

Now I'll walk into TRU and find them within the next couple of days.  ::)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 21, 2004, 01:59 PM »
I just ordered them too, as I am sick of looking for them.  I'm sure I'll see them at TRU within a week also.

Thanks for the heads up on the front page though!!

:P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #191 on: December 21, 2004, 07:56 PM »
Sticker shock at TRU aside, they're a nice purchase.

3 of the better figures I've seen in some years I'd say, VOTC Super articulated aside.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 21, 2004, 08:43 PM »
Last I got was Yarua (Sooo cool to buy a new Wookiee that aint Chewie after all these years!) and the Cloud Car Pilot.

Can't wait to see Myo's one eye looking back at me from the pegs (and Trevagg and DJ).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #193 on: December 21, 2004, 09:32 PM »
I gotta wait for X-Mas for my Yarua...  Dammit. 

You're forgetting Worrororororororororororor though...  No love for the EU Wookie? :)  Too bad he's short now...  I'm half-tempted to whip a Worororrororororororor figure up out of either Yarua and a cast of Worrorororororororororr's head or a VOTC Chewie...  I dunno. 

The figure never looked like the character in the RPG other than the headsculpt.  He didn't sport the bandoleir like Chewie.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 22, 2004, 08:57 AM »
He never seemed like a new Wookiee. Just a previous Chewie with a retooled head. And when I looked him up recently, I saw how ugly that head is. :( Nah, I'll have to pass on that one.

Anyway, I can't wait for Ep III Wookiee figures! :D

I gotta wait for X-Mas for my Yarua...  Dammit.
I waiting for Jedi Force Chewie. :)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2004, 09:27 AM by Ook »