Author Topic: VOTC/OTC Purchases  (Read 97294 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: VOTC/OTC Purchases
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2004, 10:42 PM »
No Luke here in Iowa yet.  I'm still looking for Dagobah Yoda and Spirit Ben.  Sigh.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2004, 09:37 AM »
Went on a little more extended search this weekend, visiting the Wal-Mart and Target on the other side of town.  Both had OTC/VOTC waves, mainly Dagobah and Bespin figures, as well as a few repacks.  I picked up an extra Dagobah Yoda, the first one I found had kind of messed up paint on the face, and I really like this figure so figured I'd get another one.  Kind of wish I hadn't gotten too impatient with the first VOTC figures (ordering via Amazon), Wal-Mart literally probably had 10 each of Han and Obi, and 3-4 Leias as well.  Target had about 3 each of Han and Obi.  Still, I won't hesitate to pick up figs from the ESB/ROTJ waves if they show up at Amazon, I just don't think those will hang as long as Han and Obi.  Still no signs of Vader, Yoda, or Luke around here though, hopefully soon.

You know, it is really nice to see the Star Wars sections getting expanded again at the stores.  Target and Wal-Mart both seem to have more room allocated to them, and I think the black and silver cards really look nice hanging on the pegs.  Should be a fun next year or so, with the DVDs and Episode III bringing Star Wars to the forefront again.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2004, 03:20 PM »
I just cancelled my order for wave 1 (VOTC) with EE since I came across Ben and Han and decided to buy them.  Now I can see why everyone thought Han was the best, it really is a great figure.  He's going to go great in the cantina scene and should fit well in the Falcon also.  Ben's cape is a little big but I like soft goods better than vinyl or hard plastic so I'll take it.  No luck with Luke, Vader or Yoda but I do have wave 2.5 on order still and will keep it just because it's a one-of-each case.

Beth

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2004, 07:10 PM »
i still haven't found the handstand packaged variation of dagobah luke - anybody see any out there? or is that variant not shipping yet?

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2004, 09:09 PM »
Haven't found it myself and while skimming the posts in the Michigan thread at RS, it doesn't look like anyone has in the whole state yet.
Beth

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2004, 09:16 PM »
I have not found a carded "handstand" Luke yet either, Dave.  :(

BUT, I did grab OTC Jawas, Snowtrooper and Tusken Raider repacks at Target tonight!

In fact I scooped up an extra Jawa/Tusken/Snowtrooper for those interested...
edit: sold already! - Jeff

So, now I'm set with OTC #1-28, and I'll have all 6 of the currently shipping vOTC (luke, leia, han, ben, vader, yoda) by Friday!  :)

Jeff
« Last Edit: August 16, 2004, 09:31 PM by Nataku »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2004, 09:45 PM »
I had a parcel waiting for me, it's my VOTC Luke!

He's awesome!  8)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2004, 07:38 PM »
These are all from the past weekend, both on the way out to Wizard World in Chicago and actually at the show:

VOTC Darth Vader
VOTC Yoda
OTC Bespin Leia
OTC Lobot
OTC Bespin Luke
OTC IG-88
OTC Dagobah Luke (handstand version)
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2004, 11:43 PM »
This was the other stuff i got the other day

So now i'm caught up with otc

Just waiting for VOTC to hit our shores
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

SilverZ

« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2004, 12:05 AM »
Looks killer, Hemish!  ;D I never get tired of seeing OTC packaging on display.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2004, 10:50 AM »
Finally caught up on the VOTC as of today ;D  Found a couple lone Vaders that I was missing.  Now if I could only locate some OTC.  My area has seemed to dry up of these. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2004, 08:21 AM »
Stopped by TRU on Friday night while we were out and about, and was fortunate enough to find a VOTC Luke and Yoda.  Missed the Vader though.  Our TRU hasn't had any VOTC since about a month ago, and someone who was working there told me they got two "boxes" of them in that morning, and "one guy" came in a bought a stack of them.  Nice employee at TRU though, he was quite excited about the VOTC line, and seemed to be a good guy.  I got the last of the Yoda and Luke, there were still 3-4 Hans hanging out.  Just need Vader to get caught up now, until the others start showing up  :)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2004, 09:00 AM by mosnab »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2004, 09:11 AM »
Jeff picked up some extra Jawas and a Tusken for me, I really didn't need them but I though I could use them somewhere.  I think I am now officially done with the OTC :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2004, 06:04 PM »
My search continues for VOTC Yoda and Vader, and OTC Jawas, Tusken, and Gamorrean Guard.  :(

That damnable Saga Madine's still on my list too...
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2004, 11:26 PM »
I'm still searching too. Stores are picked over.... only OTC Hans and about 2 VOTC Hans are the best I could find.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks