Author Topic: VOTC/OTC Purchases  (Read 97324 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: VOTC/OTC Purchases
« Reply #195 on: December 22, 2004, 09:04 AM »
Checked out the Wal-Mart toy section yesterday (which was in shambles and packed with Christmas shoppers by the way), and basically had the "same ole".  Lots of OTC figures, mainly consisting of the Endor Generals, Bespin Leia, and IG-88 from what I could see....but I didn't look through them all.  Basically just scan the pegs for the Cantina figs, then move on :).  As for VOTC, they had 1 Yoda, 1 Leia, and about 6 Landos.  I was able to pick up the repacked Unleashed Vader, which I was pretty happy about.  They had an entire endcap filled with the Vader/Dooku/Mace wave, as well as having some Hoth Lukes, Bossk, and Tusken Raiders hanging out in the actual Star Wars section.  Very happy to find the Vader though, especially since I missed it the first time around.

Stopped at TRU as well, and it was somewhat barren.  They had absolutely 0 OTC or VOTC figs, with their basic pegs being filled with old Saga stuff.  Some of it really old, like AOTC figures (Dexter Jettster, Zam, Geonosian Warrior, and Achk Med-Beq).  They also seemed to have gotten a new shipment of those buddies in, and had several Galactic Heroes X-Wings on the shelf, as well as OTC Falcons.  There was a lone Jedi Force figure (X-Wing Luke), as well as the same Unleashed they have had for awhile now (Palpatine, Chewie, Hoth Luke, Tusken, Bossk, Jedi Luke).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #196 on: December 23, 2004, 05:05 AM »
A nice thanks to Colman for a nifty order for reinforcements today...

My 10 man squad got 4 green recruits into the lines...  Now two 7 man squads (and a currently carded officer...  If i get him a pauldron) are ready for action.

The VOTC Stormtrooper ranks grow...

Oh, and Jabba added a big fat piggy guard to his ranks too.  They just don't compare to the feirce Stormtroopers though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 27, 2004, 09:10 AM »
Found Dannik Jericho and completed my VOTC set by finding a C-3PO. 

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 27, 2004, 10:05 PM »
VOTC is being discounted at Wal-Marts...I picked up a Boba Fett for 7.00.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 29, 2004, 08:31 AM »
Got the C3PO for Christmas, I have never seen it on the shelves, I do not know how my wife found it!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 29, 2004, 10:35 AM »
Got the C3PO for Christmas, I have never seen it on the shelves, I do not know how my wife found it!

It's definitely a hard figure to come by in most parts - back in early November my wife actually found one at a Target for me too.  I didn't see one myself for another 5-6 weeks!

:P

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #201 on: December 30, 2004, 02:15 AM »
Just picked up a 3PO carry case for $15 at Wal-Mart.

I'm going to pick up Vader tomorrow. I ran out of hands.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #202 on: December 30, 2004, 03:26 AM »
I nabbed a VOTC Yoda and Lando for $7 each, and a repack ANH Vader and Gam. Guard on the OTC cards for $3 each...  Judging by the receipt I don't think I was charged for the Gam Guard too either...  I'm not gonna stress on it.

Would love to find (actually) a Luke and Ben VOTC...  Maybe a leia.  I could use all 3 for customizing.   And of course I could use finding the OTC's I didn't get just to ease the pain of having a complete set by getting them for cheap...  Namely I'd like the Scanner tech (though Ic an't stand him) because of his head's paintjob being so much better.

I felt lucky to nab a Gam Guard, especially because they JUST showed up here in my neck of the woods.  A few of the OTC paintjob are now in my posession, and mix nicely with the POTF2 version.  They look very cool.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #203 on: December 31, 2004, 12:34 AM »
I scored a Han AT-ST Driver and Cloud Car Pilot for $3 from Wal-Mart. Unfortunately the only other clearance figs they had were Lobot, Bespin Leia, and VOTC Lando, nothing good for customizing.

I also picked up the entire Prequel Post-OTC wave and now feel violated after paying $6.99 each at Target. And it sickens me because 2 of the figures are barely worth $5 (Amidala and Sly Moore) and a 3rd isn't even worth $3 (Rabe). With the VOTC we got all this uber articulation for $10 figs, so for $3 less we get jack ****? Damn the retailers and Hasbro! I'll get my revenge when stores have to clearance out the ROTS line during the summer!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #204 on: December 31, 2004, 04:59 AM »
Good fodder scores Jason.  My purchases tonight were:

1 Ozzel for $3
1 Lando Skiff (Saga) for $3
1 Gold Leader for $3
4 VOTC Stormtroopers for $7 each
1 VOTC Vader for $7

I got a couple more WM's and Targets to hit up possibly tomorrow.  Word is some have Scanner techs, which I want ONE (Figure still sucks) just because the paintjob's so vastly superior on it.

Lotta stores are bare-to-the-bone empty though now.  Especially Target and TRU who seemingly have nothing, though I have to admit I haven't been in many TRU's lately.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #205 on: December 31, 2004, 05:14 AM »
damn Jesse, I'm really surprised you were able to find VOTC Stormies on clearance. I think at $7 I woulda bought them myself, since I just paid $7 for that ****** Rabe! ARGH!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #206 on: December 31, 2004, 05:47 AM »
I'm perplexed at this too, especially because where they're from is a VERY high traffic area.  Then again everyone's saying the Scanner Tech is around for $3 and I've yet to see this figure on pegs... 

Maybe it's just where I'm going that sucks?  Where I went tonight is an odd jaunt for me because it's not my usual haunt, but I was in the city so I made this run.  Glad I did and that my friends didn't wanna meet us out tonight or I never would've even gone up there.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 31, 2004, 08:31 PM »
Picked up the Cantina wave today.  Now caught up until the preview wave.  ;D
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 3, 2005, 12:38 AM »
I saw the Transition wave at Target today, but passed.

They had a VOTC Lando and Han on sale for $5 each, too.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #209 on: January 3, 2005, 01:02 AM »
I picked up 3 ANH VOTC tonight (Leia, Ben, and Luke) at Wal-Mart, a Scanner Tech, and 2 Cloud Car Pilots...

Figured I'd get some custom fodder while I had the $ and it was available.  In my neck of the woods, the ANH wave is only at select Wal-Marts while others are bare bones dry of VOTC or have some ESB leavins.  The WM I went to tonight is a lower traffic one, but any of the busy ones are darn near empty of figures at all.