Author Topic: VOTC/OTC Purchases  (Read 97326 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: VOTC/OTC Purchases
« Reply #210 on: January 3, 2005, 07:26 AM »
The 3 Walmarts near me have removed all SW and will not be receiving anything new til the EP3, but I would imagine they would recieve the Preview wave.

On a side note, has anyone seen the '05 versions of Luke Dagobah and Vader?  Im referring to the repacks.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 3, 2005, 08:53 AM »
Our local Wal-Mart is the same way, no Star Wars on the pegs at all...well, aside from Unleashed figures which have their own endcap.  Actually that whole end of the action figure aisle (which usually houses lines like Marvel Legends, Spidey movie, Lord of the Rings, Justice League, and Star Wars) is pretty well empty.  There are some older LOTR Trilogy figs, as well as some Armies of Middle Earth packs, but the aisle is about empty otherwise.  Only Star Wars figs out in the store are in the clearance aisle, and it isn't much good.  All this one had for VOTC was Leia and Lando (and on a side note, Lando is really the only one hanging around town anywhere now, the rest of the VOTC are gone), some OTC figs on clearance for $3, but all they have are General Landos, Bespin Leias, and a few Madines.  I guess it is good to see the old getting cleared out now though, hopefully that means new figures will be restocked.  Target was doing the same last I was there, for like $3.50 a fig I think.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #212 on: January 6, 2005, 06:59 PM »
My local TRU just put out two cases of VOTC wave 3, so I picked up an extra Stormtrooper.

They said they're doing inventory tomorrow, so the back room got pretty well cleaned out, hence the VOTC.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 7, 2005, 08:56 AM »
Stopped by our local TRU yesterday too, and they have nothing but old Saga blue card figures.  Amazingly high amounts of them too, which is a bit scary.  They need to have a clearance on those things.  Nothing OTC related really, other than a few Jedi Council sets, the Naboo and Endor packs, 1 Vader talkie helmet, and a TON of Falcons.  I always wanted one of those Falcons, but since I already have the POTF2 one I was waiting for a real nice clearance at either TRU or Target.  Hopefully that will happen.  Oh...and still no ML or LOTR at this TRU.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 7, 2005, 10:33 AM »
Target has started to clearance the Falcons, Brian, at least around me.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 7, 2005, 11:04 AM »
Last I saw they were around $35 here (clearanced as well at Target), which I guess is a good price.  I guess I'm getting a little greedy with the clearance price, especially since I'm not sure if I can justify it (space wise especially) already having the other version.  Thanks for the tip though Mikey. :)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 7, 2005, 11:14 AM »
You can always try and wait to see if they drop again in price, but then you run the risk of them selling out before another price drop happens.  Happened to me on the Lego UCS X-wing.  Didn't pick it up when it was $75 (over 1/2 off) and the few they had at that price went quick.   :(
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 7, 2005, 12:54 PM »
You can always try and wait to see if they drop again in price, but then you run the risk of them selling out before another price drop happens.  Happened to me on the Lego UCS X-wing.  Didn't pick it up when it was $75 (over 1/2 off) and the few they had at that price went quick.   :(

I did the same with the Lego Tie Interceptor.  Got down to half price, but I got greedy because I picked up the UCS Yoda at 75% off.  Also fell asleep on the Y-wing/Tie that sold out at just 25% off. :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 7, 2005, 04:36 PM »
Do you guys think we have seen the last FRESH shipments of VOTC?  I have not seen VOTC in stores since right before Christmas.  Except the 2 or 3 Obi_Wans at Wal Mart and NONE at any of the Targets....I was just wondering if the good stuff was finally gone...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #219 on: January 7, 2005, 06:59 PM »
I think it's pretty safe bet Paul.  I think what we saw even leading into Christmas (Like the beginning of Dec. at least) was NOT new product, but rather old stuff just working its  way through WM's systems.

Target's been dead for VOTC in my neck of the woods since about mid-december.   TRU just never was the happening place for it.  WM screwed themselves by clogging pegs with ANH wave about 2 months after K-Mart and Target had already done sales on those figures and were moving into ESB.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

SilverZ

« Reply #220 on: January 7, 2005, 07:21 PM »
I finally tracked down an '05 recard Dagobah Luke this week at Target on my drive out to Vegas. Targets seem to be good on the Canita wave as far as I could tell. I also had the chance to be annoyed at myself for paying full price on an OTC Falcon, to finally see it on clearance for $24. Other than that, it's been bleak on new finds since, oh, weeks before Christmas.

Walmarts from here to Vegas didn't have jack.  :-\  $3 Cloud Car Pilots and ATST Hans for army building, and that's it.

The last real sighting of new goods at TRU was in December, when the stores around here finally seemed to get a good push of VOTC, mainly repack cases with every figure in it but the Stormtrooper. For a week or two, TRU looked with VOTC how you'd imagine they were supposed to look for the months of September through Decemeber. You could even find a Vader in the checkout line displays. Now, they have nothing but an occasional Obi, and lots of Saga. God, I hate TRU.

A local Kmart here reset for the year and already has EP3 Preview figure pegs up... 12 pegs worth of space, and 6 pegs for Clone Wars Animated. So maybe soon they'll be back in the game.

Offline MeBeJedi

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 7, 2005, 09:19 PM »
I saw about 5-6 Millenium Falcons at Target (Southern California), but other than that I've seen almost no Star Wars that I can recall.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 7, 2005, 09:46 PM »
My past three trips to TRU I've seen more R2, Chewbacca and C-3PO then I ever saw. Three figures I couldn't find anywhere when I wanted/needed them. As a matter of fact, that was the first time I ever saw C-3PO at retail (since I picked my two up here at JD), and now I've seen him three times since.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 8, 2005, 12:43 AM »
I also had the chance to be annoyed at myself for paying full price on an OTC Falcon, to finally see it on clearance for $24.

Yikes.  It hurts to hear that - I paid $90 CDN for my Falcon ($73 US) at TRU.  And they're still that price today, and with about 20 of them on the shelves at one TRU.  I almost don't want to see them go on clearance, knowing what I paid.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 10, 2005, 09:21 AM »
Found Trevagg and Myo at Wal-Mart this weekend.  Done with the cantina wave now.