Author Topic: Cloud Car Pilot Review  (Read 1976 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Cloud Car Pilot Review
« on: October 15, 2004, 09:48 AM »
Mom snagged this and Spirit Obi-Wan for me...

Appearance: Very nice sculpt here. He isn't spread-eagle or top-heavy, so he stands straight and doesn't have to lean forward to keep from falling. I hate that the holster is so big, but it's quite alright. Nice paint.
Score: 9/10

Articluation: 12 points, I do believe. I was pissed to see there was no elbow articulation. That's a no brainer. Very happy to see wrists, knees, and ankles articulated, though.
Score: 8/10

Pose-ability: Any figure with the ability to sit down is going to have an automatic 6 or so. The lack of articulated elbows, and no ball joints, mean he won't get a perfect grade though.
Score: 7/10

Accessory: Removable helmet, which is sweet - a gun, which fits into the figure's holster - and a radio thing, which pegs into the figure's belt. Good stuff, can't think of anything else you'd want.
Score: 10/10

Overall: A very nice figure, I just wish the elbows were articulated! The fact that his knees are articulated is a good hint that it isn't out of the question that we'll get a Cloud Car to match, soon. Great figure - worth $4.77? Definately.
Score: 9/10

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Cloud Car Pilot Review
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2004, 03:10 PM »
Besides seeing some articulation in the elbow (ball/socket woudl've been great and made this figure so near perfect that I'd rank it close to VOTC quality), I was disappointed in one thing...

The weapons were SMUSHED in the figure's hands, and this caused some warping of the plastic.  The rubber bands holding them in place really trashed their appearance when you opened the figure up. 

I'm pretty PO'd about that because it simply should never happen.  It's a pissy QC issue Hasbro overlooked.  I'd sooner Hasbro packaged weapons in slots in the tray than in the figure's hands.  It all too often warps or deforms the weapon due to Hasbro's cheapness in its plastics it uses.

If you're gonna cop-out on good plastic, than pack the weapons in a specific tray for them instead of banding them to the hands. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77