Community > Watto's Junk Yard

Conan to Replace Leno in 2009!!!! (UPDATE: Leno to Replace Conan in 2010!!!!)

<< < (23/24) > >>

Diddly:
Leno to replace Jimmy Fallon in 2015?

Scockery:
Got it backwards.

Jimmy Fallon can be funny but as a host, he's sooo awful.

The thing people forget, The Tonight Show is bupkis. It's should not be a Holy Grail to anyone. It was all about Carson. Had Johnny Carson not been on the air for decades, The Tonight Show would've been a forgotten program, probably canned in the 60's.  Who even remember who hosted before Carson? Steven Allen? Maybe?  ??? Any late night host is better off NOT getting the job because they will never measure up to a "legend". 

Phrubruh:
The Tonight Show and Saturday Night Live are two shows I don't understand why they are still on.

CaptainYoda:

--- Quote from: Master_Phruby on December 19, 2012, 01:30 PM ---The Tonight Show and Saturday Night Live are two shows I don't understand why they are still on.

--- End quote ---

It saves the networks from having to think up something new or original.

Matt:
NYtimes.com: ‘Tonight’ Show Expected to Return to New York, With Fallon

--- Quote ---A plan is in the works to bring NBC’s “Tonight” show back to New York.

While the network has yet to complete a deal, it has made a commitment to Jimmy Fallon, the current host of its “Late Night” program, to have him succeed Jay Leno as the next host of “Tonight,” according to several senior television executives involved in the decision. The show would move from Burbank, Calif., back to New York, where it first started in 1954 with Steve Allen as host.

Some details remain to be worked out, including an exact timetable for the switch, though it is expected to take place by the fall of 2014 at the latest, the executives said in interviews this week.

NBC has quietly begun work on a new studio in its headquarters building at 30 Rockefeller Plaza as the home for the new “Tonight” show. The studio is part of a general reconstruction of the building being undertaken by Comcast, which this week completed a full takeover of NBC Universal.

An NBC spokeswoman declined to comment on the move, other than to say the network was building a new state-of-the-art studio for Mr. Fallon.
--- End quote ---

I hope Conan doesn't find out about this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version