Author Topic: Conan to Replace Leno in 2009!!!! (UPDATE: Leno to Replace Conan in 2010!!!!)  (Read 31909 times)

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
I swear, one of these days, I'm gonna start up my own message board where I can edit thread titles to my heart's content, instead of having to watch helplessly from the sidelines while others screw them up all willy-nilly.

Oh God - that sounds horrible. Who would be interested in that?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Jay Leno's ratings fall below Conan's on 'The Tonight Show'

For the first time, Jay Leno's  average weekly ratings among 18-49-year-old viewers has fallen below Conan O'Brien's... (TV analyst Joe) Adalian noted that Leno averaged only a 1.0 rating and a 5 share last week versus O'Brien's 1.1/5 average -- despite the fact that CBS was airing repeats of Late Show with David Letterman, which drew a 0.8/3 in the demo. Moreover, Leno now benefits from a much stronger nightly lead-in -- with shows like Parenthood and The Marriage Ref being aired by the network in the 10 00 p.m. time period -- than O'Brien did when his lead-in was Leno.

Seven weeks in, Leno is averaging a 1.0 in the 18-49 demo while David Letterman averages a 0.8. These are precisely the same numbers "The Tonight Show" and "The Late Show" were pulling seven weeks into Conan’s “Tonight” tenure.

The chart also reminds us that before “The Jay Leno Show” started last September (at week 16 into Conan’s run, I think), Conan won the 18-49 race against Letterman every single week last summer.

Only after “The Jay Leno Show’s” arrival as Conan’s 10 p.m. lead-in did Conan begin losing to Letterman in 18-49 for the first time.

Coco will also make his first TV appearance since leaving The Tonight Show on 60 Minutes this upcoming Sunday.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Anyone catch Conan's TBS premier last night?  I dvr'd it, but hope to catch it when I get home tonight...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Anyone catch Conan's TBS premier last night?  I dvr'd it, but hope to catch it when I get home tonight...

I did. It was funny. I expected more from the first episode though. The opening "last season" thing was very funny.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Ya nothing special IMO, but the last season thing was a pretty nifty skit.  At least his new set has a moving moon....
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Got it backwards.

Jimmy Fallon can be funny but as a host, he's sooo awful.

The thing people forget, The Tonight Show is bupkis. It's should not be a Holy Grail to anyone. It was all about Carson. Had Johnny Carson not been on the air for decades, The Tonight Show would've been a forgotten program, probably canned in the 60's.  Who even remember who hosted before Carson? Steven Allen? Maybe?  ??? Any late night host is better off NOT getting the job because they will never measure up to a "legend". 
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 12:49 PM by scockery »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
The Tonight Show and Saturday Night Live are two shows I don't understand why they are still on.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CaptainYoda

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
The Tonight Show and Saturday Night Live are two shows I don't understand why they are still on.

It saves the networks from having to think up something new or original.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
NYtimes.com: ‘Tonight’ Show Expected to Return to New York, With Fallon

A plan is in the works to bring NBC’s “Tonight” show back to New York.

While the network has yet to complete a deal, it has made a commitment to Jimmy Fallon, the current host of its “Late Night” program, to have him succeed Jay Leno as the next host of “Tonight,” according to several senior television executives involved in the decision. The show would move from Burbank, Calif., back to New York, where it first started in 1954 with Steve Allen as host.

Some details remain to be worked out, including an exact timetable for the switch, though it is expected to take place by the fall of 2014 at the latest, the executives said in interviews this week.

NBC has quietly begun work on a new studio in its headquarters building at 30 Rockefeller Plaza as the home for the new “Tonight” show. The studio is part of a general reconstruction of the building being undertaken by Comcast, which this week completed a full takeover of NBC Universal.

An NBC spokeswoman declined to comment on the move, other than to say the network was building a new state-of-the-art studio for Mr. Fallon.

I hope Conan doesn't find out about this.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Or what, he's gonna complain on a basic cable show that hardly anyone watches?

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
People still watch the "Tonight Show"?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours