Author Topic: Justice League/Justice League Unlimited  (Read 8396 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Justice League/Justice League Unlimited
« on: September 30, 2004, 10:44 AM »
Not sure if anyone here collects/follows this line (I personally only have the 1st release Batman), but I'm a fan of the show and try to follow the line somewhat just out of curiosity.  First off, ToyNewsI.com has some information on upcoming figures and three packs based on JLU.  I've always kind of held off on this line, simply because I didn't have the extra cash (and the figures are, for the most part, fairly basic...although they look pretty nice), but I do like that the line is continuing and is hopefully somewhat successful.  Its a good watch if you like a cartoon now and then.

Also, on a side note, while checking a Target yesterday for the ROTJ wave (no dice), we checked the clearance aisle and picked up the Justice League "Javelin" vehicle w/Flash figure for $2.48.  Its going to be for our nephews to play with (or for Christmas possibly), but I thought that was a pretty good deal for a toy (with figure) of that size.  Anyways, if anyone is interested, check the clearance aisle/endcap at your local Target, not too bad of a deal.  I like those Target clearances, now if they would only move those OTC Falcons to clearance, so I could talk the wife into "another" Falcon :P

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: Justice League/Justice League Unlimited
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2004, 03:16 PM »
I'm hoping for a Captin Atom figure. That would make my life.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 1, 2004, 03:34 PM »
I will be picking up Green Arrow, Dr Fate, Booster Gold and Aquaman at the very least.  I can't wait to see those figures.  Thanks for the tip about the Javelin.  I'll have to keep an eye out.  I love a good deal.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2005, 03:20 PM »
I don't know if there's much of a following of this line here, but I've bought some here and there and I do enjoy the show, so I try to keep up on the news a little bit.  I don't know how far into this line I want to get...I've already picked up my favorites (Supes, Bats, Flash, Lantern and a couple of others)...but there was quite a bit of nice product shown at Comic-Con.  Its tempting to keep going, but we'll have to see.  There is coverage and pics HERE (TNI) and HERE (Action Figure Insider).

Some neat stuff on the way.  Justice Lords 3 pack, Green Lantern 3 pack, Steel, Supergirl, Lex Luthor, and more.

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2005, 04:41 PM »
I don’t get the Unlimited in Justice League, there has been JLA- A for America and plain JL but what’s the Unlimited mean?
 The Green Lantern set looks cool.
"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."   -Benito Mussolini

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2005, 07:22 PM »
I really like the Green Lantern set, i may just have to pick it up.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2005, 12:25 PM »
I found a 10 inch Green Arrow at Target today.  I didn't even know they were making one.  I picked him up, of course.  I really want to see them make 3 3/4 inch versions of Captain Marvel, Hawkman and Hal Jordan.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2006, 03:39 PM »
I don't know if many people here collect these, but I've been picking them up here and there for the past couple of years.  I don't have them all, but a fair amount.  Anyways, I was curious if anyone is still seeing the newer (DC Superheroes packaged) 3 packs from this line.  Actually, I guess it would be the first wave with the new packaging (Green Lantern 3 Pack, Luthor/Copperhead/Mirror Master, and the Justice Lords Superman/Wonder Woman/Batman).  I picked up the Luthor pack online, but have yet to see these in our stores.  Target seems to be the only ones carrying 3 packs, and they are still full of the "exclusive" packs with Bizarro, Orion, and Black Canary.  I'd really like to get the Justice Lords pack, and I was curious if it might still be in the system or if I should head online to look for it.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2006, 03:47 PM »
I see the 3-packs every now and again at the local Targets.  I bought the Green Lantern pack (obviously) but I am always tempted by that "villian" 3-pack for Mirror Master.

I can grab the Justice Lords pack for you if you want as I recall seeing a few at the closest Target...

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 1, 2006, 04:47 PM »
I don't suppose anyone still sees the 10" Atom or Hawkgirl anywhere?  I had picked up the first bunch of these (up to Aquaman), and hadn't planned on getting any more.  Then I saw Green Arrow on clearance, and had to pick it up.  The completist in me now wants to get the other two.
If anyone sees them and wouldn't mind picking them up, let me know.  I'm a loose collector, so box condition doesn't matter.

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 2, 2006, 08:58 AM »
Talk about timing.  I found the Atom yesterday.  Still in the hunt for the hawkgirl though.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2008, 12:39 PM »
I don't think anyone here really collects this line anymore (judging from the replies), but there was some interesting news released in Toy Fare (the magazine) this week.  The JLU line will be continuing on, and from now on the entire line will be Target exclusive.  There are 13 new figures expected this year, including The Question, Forager, Mantis, Lushina and others.  Going into 2009, it sounds like the line will be expanding beyond who was in the show, and possibly including characters from other "Timm-verse" programs, like Batman: TAS.

Pretty cool news for those who collect this line.  I do have some of these, as I really enjoyed the show, but quit buying them sometime back.  I would probably pick up The Question if I ever saw him though, I really liked his character on the show.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2008, 08:14 PM »
Target was about the only store still carrying them anyway.  At least around here.  WM hasn't had them in a while (if my store ever had them) and K-Mart gets so few of them it's not worth looking there.  And TRU, I don't get there very often so I can't speak to them.

This is a line I almost jumped into way back when it kicked off but didn't.  Sort of glad, as it's been a pretty large line, but I do have one or two figures.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2008, 10:28 AM »
Yeah, the line is basically Target exclusive here already anyways as well.  TRU has some common figures occasionally (mostly Supes/Bats), and Wal-Mart hasn't carried them for years as far as I can remember.

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2008, 12:49 PM »
I collected this line for awile but dropped it about a year ago to save money,  I pick up some of the new ones here and there but really hated picking up a three pack with only one figure I really wanted only to have that figure released a year later on single card.  It should be exciting to see them expand the line beyound the show characters and dip into the DCU.
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.