Author Topic: Justice League/Justice League Unlimited  (Read 8396 times)

Offline CaptainYoda

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Justice League/Justice League Unlimited
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2008, 05:38 PM »
I still pick up this line from time to time when they release figures I dont already have. Like Fire and Ice. What is annoying is the three packs that always have more Batmen and Superman with one or two new figures. I dont need the extras!! I know they are cheap enough. But save some plastic. And release them all single-carded.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2008, 03:18 PM »
Again, I know not many people collect/care about this line anymore - and although I haven't bought any for quite some time now, I have to say I hope I can pick up the new Question figure - premiered HERE at AFI.  I have to admit that I knew next to nothing about the character prior to the JLU TV show, but I really liked their interpretation on there and it has even made me want to go back and see if I could find some older comics featuring the Vic Sage Question (since that is changed now).  Anyways, figure looks nice for the JLU line, and I hope we see a DCUC versions in the short term as well.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 5, 2009, 06:31 PM »
I know not many (if any) people collect this line here anymore, but I thought THIS was ridiculous.  Basically "go buy our pegwarmers at Target so we can send out new stuff".  I don't really actively collect this line, but do have several in a rubbermaid packed away - and do check it out from time to time.  I wouldn't say the future is looking real bright for these from here on out though.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 5, 2009, 08:08 PM »
If Hasbro puts out a press release asking us to empty the pegs of Yarna and the Organas I think I'd have to tell them where to shove them.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 4, 2010, 03:37 PM »
I need to track down the new Aquaman and Firestorm. 

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 5, 2010, 12:32 AM »
I saw some new Batman single carded figures at Target yesterday.  I was surprised, I thought this line was dead.  I forget what other characters were out but they were on newish looking cards.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 5, 2010, 10:27 AM »
I saw some new JLU singles at Target for the first time in a long time this week as well.  I remember seeing Batman, Green Arrow, Star Sapphire, Aquaman (Orange/Green version from S:TAS), and at least one other character I'm forgetting right now.

Just an update, we were at Target today and I ended up picking up the orange/green Aquaman to sort of finish out the "Super Friends" look to the JL figures that I have.  Anyways, just wanted to note that these are now priced at $8.99 (!).  I was tempted to get a couple others, but at $9 each for this line (which used to be $5 or less), I passed.  I understand that they are store exclusive and everything, but they have been for awhile now.  I guess once they officially confirm something as a "collector's" line, it is time to jack the price up.  Not surprisingly, all of them (aside from the one I picked up), have been sitting there all week.
« Last Edit: March 5, 2010, 08:46 PM by Brian »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 8, 2010, 09:38 AM »
I never noticed the price but that would explain why I don't think any have sold at my store.

I read that Mattel was looking to push the price on all their superhero lines at retail, including an eventual $20 price point for DCU.  Basically, turn all the lines into collector only oriented toys.

E...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 8, 2010, 10:32 AM »
Yeah, now that you say that, I believe that DCUC was priced at $14.99 at our local Target as well.  Those types of prices will really price me out of a lot of "other" line stuff I'd be buying.  I know that Target is sometimes known for raising the prices after a reset, then eventually lowering them, but if it is that way across the board that is getting a bit out of hand.  The $9 JLU price in particular is crazy, since the majority of most of those figures are just re-uses anyways.